fventura03

Paid Packet IV ($404), Embassy requires $350 payment. is that part of the $404??

22 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Call the processing center for clarification. Best of luck

Feb 3, 2012 - I129F sent
Feb 6, 2012 - NoA1 Received
August 22, 2012 - NoA2 ( 198 days!!!!!)
Sept 6, 2012 - NVC Received Case
Sept 10, 2012 - London Received Case
Sept 15, 2012 - Packet 3 Received
Sept 20, 2012 - Medical
Oct 5, 2012 - All forms sent to the embassy
Nov 5, 2012 - Interview
Nov 5, 2012 - Administrative Processing crying.gifcrying.gifcrying.gifranting33va.gifcray5ol.gif

Love conquers all.

350 is for a K-1 or K-3 visa.

you are not one of those, at all.

You've paid fees already through NVC for a CR-1 visa.

Disregards what you've read on that website, it doesn't apply to your casetype, at all.

Thanks, everyone. We'll see how it goes on Monday!

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: El Salvador
Timeline

Thanks, everyone. We'll see how it goes on Monday!

You're going to El Salvador?! I'm doing the EXACT SAME THING!!! I have some questions about preparation and maybe you can let me know what to expect....my wife is in El Salvador and Im in Texas. We have filed the AOS and her ds-230 this past week...waiting to hear if it's been approved and get the interview date...are you having to go down there? I've heard it's two interviews that you have to do..is that true? Also, what are you bringing down there?

WE'RE APPROVED!

I didn't end up going. Turns out none of the paperwork I had sent to the NVC actually made it to them, so they asked for everything again, luckily my wife had copies of everything. I believe they just had the medical exams ready for them at the Embassy.

They asked her questions like when did we meet, how did we meet, what is my occupation, and when was the last time I went to visit her. They asked for pictures, and the lady only looked at like 10 out of 50 pictures we've taken.

She got there at 630am, they attended her at 9am, she was out at 10am...

She had to choose a location near her where they will deliver the VISA, they said it can take up to 10 days. I guess they don't deliver to physical addresses anymore...

A lot of people were getting turned back, because their lawyers didn't fill out stuff completely, or they didn't have everything on hand. She said people who had their paperwork filled out by lawyers were given a 2nd interview date.

She only got this one interview, and now all she has to do is wait for the VISA.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Great news! Congratulations, thanks for posting the result!

Sept 9, 2011: NOA1

March 16, 2012: NOA2

April 10, 2012: NVC Case Number Assigned, AOS Invoice Received

April 11, 2012: OPTIN for EP with DS-3032 sent, AOS bill paid

April 12, 2012: AOS Package Sent

April 17, 2012: IV Bill invoiced, paid

April 19, 2012: IV package sent

April 20, 2012: Checklist for AOS asking for letter of employment, response sent

April 23, 2012: Letter approving DS-230, False checklist for AOS checklist

May 1, 2012: Appointment Letter Received (for May 23rd)

May 22, 2012: Interview canceled pending further medical tests

July 15, 2012: New Appointment letter Received

August 1, 2012: Interview, Approved

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: El Salvador
Timeline

WE'RE APPROVED!

I didn't end up going. Turns out none of the paperwork I had sent to the NVC actually made it to them, so they asked for everything again, luckily my wife had copies of everything. I believe they just had the medical exams ready for them at the Embassy.

They asked her questions like when did we meet, how did we meet, what is my occupation, and when was the last time I went to visit her. They asked for pictures, and the lady only looked at like 10 out of 50 pictures we've taken.

She got there at 630am, they attended her at 9am, she was out at 10am...

She had to choose a location near her where they will deliver the VISA, they said it can take up to 10 days. I guess they don't deliver to physical addresses anymore...

A lot of people were getting turned back, because their lawyers didn't fill out stuff completely, or they didn't have everything on hand. She said people who had their paperwork filled out by lawyers were given a 2nd interview date.

She only got this one interview, and now all she has to do is wait for the VISA.

Your wife only had to do ONE interview in El Salvador? Our AOS and Visa APP JUST got approved and now we are just waiting for the interview date. I'm going to send her all my stuff as well, in case the NVC sends it and it doesnt make it.

I was under the impression that El Salvador does 2 interviews..one to hand in documents, and one for the interview itself....can you shed some light?

Your wife only had to do ONE interview in El Salvador? Our AOS and Visa APP JUST got approved and now we are just waiting for the interview date. I'm going to send her all my stuff as well, in case the NVC sends it and it doesnt make it.

I was under the impression that El Salvador does 2 interviews..one to hand in documents, and one for the interview itself....can you shed some light?

This was her first and only interview, It was the first time she actually stepped foot at the embassy, and she doesn't have to go back. She's just waiting for her VISA to be delivered by courier so we can buy her ticket for the next day and have her here in the US.

I did CR-1 Visa, so I mailed everything, the only time she had to do something was when she had to get her Medical Exams done in San Salvador, the doctors delivered it themselves to the Embassy.

Honestly, the El Salvador Embassy is so screwed up that it made this process a lot harder, on their spanish side of their web site it says one thing, but on the english it says another. Always follow what the ENGLISH site says, ignore the spanish one, I believe its outdated with old/wrong information.

Make sure your wife has original signed copies of EVERYTHING you've sent to the NVC/Embassy, etc. Act like it's not going to get there so just have her take it again (just in case). That's the best thing to do because my wife said people were getting sent back for not bringing things like copies of birth certificates, I-130's, proof of Packet IV payment, etc. (things that have HAD to have been received if they got an interview date)

When I sent something to the NVC, I would also sign a 2nd copy to send to my wife, then I'd keep a copy for myself, so I knew what I sent. Good luck, let me know if you have any questions.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.