Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  

Foreign GF with tourist visa to get married in US to a citizen and go back home

3 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Filed: Timeline

Im a US citizen and engaged to a filipina with a tourist visa. We are planning a church wedding January 2013 in the Philippines. Thinking of applying a spouse visa for her. Our plan is for her to come in the US throigh her tourist visa multiple entry this June /July 2012 get civil wedding and she will go back to Phil's. And wait for the spouse visa approval while she's in Phil's. My questions are: a. Will there be any red flag on the spouse visa application since she comes with a tourist visa but. NO intention of staying in the US? B. will she be questioned if ever we do the civil wedding of any special requirements like. Birth certificate, etc? C. Anyone who had the same experience as our proposed plan? Thanks a lot.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Marriage license requirements vary by location, so you'll need to check locally to be sure. Where I live just required an ID.

The only issue you have with her coming here planning to get married, is what she says is her for the visit at immigration. If she says to marry her finance, they're probably not going to let her in. If she lies, that may be held against her later. Even if she says to visit her BF they might not let her in. Heck if she's in the country and marries you, she need not return home, she can stay and file to adjust status. Again though the not telling the truth on entry might get her in trouble. I'm not trying to say what you're proposing won't work, its just that sometimes it can create trouble later.

K1 from the Philippines
Arrival : 2011-09-08
Married : 2011-10-15
Date Card Received : 2012-07-13
Date Card Received : 2012-02-04

Sent ROC : 4-1-2014
Noa1 : 4-2-2014
Bio Complete : 4-18-2014
Approved : 6-24-2014

N-400 sent 2-13-2016
Bio Complete 3-14-2016
Oath Taking

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
  • Create New...