godisgood74

affidavit support question

7 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

hello VJ family,

I have a question about AOS form I-864EZ, I co sponsored a couple last year, one is USC and the other was living here elligally and the USC income was very poor so I was asked to support him to file their petition, they went to the interview and were approved 2yr conditional card, my question is do I still have to count them on the form? I remember their attorney told me last year that since both of them are living here in US it will not affect my petition for my wife, because I knew I will be filing for my wife this year. my income right now stands $27,000 and I have no other dependants.

any advice is much appreciatted.

thanks

Filed: Timeline

hello VJ family,

I have a question about AOS form I-864EZ, I co sponsored a couple last year, one is USC and the other was living here elligally and the USC income was very poor so I was asked to support him to file their petition, they went to the interview and were approved 2yr conditional card, my question is do I still have to count them on the form? I remember their attorney told me last year that since both of them are living here in US it will not affect my petition for my wife, because I knew I will be filing for my wife this year. my income right now stands $27,000 and I have no other dependants.

any advice is much appreciatted.

thanks

The lawyer gave you bad advice. Your obligation to the alien you sponsored continues until they (1) become US citizens, (2) work for 10 years, (3) lose LPR status or leave the U.S., (4) is deported, or (5) dies. As long as you have an obligation to the sponsored alien, you have to include her as part of your household size.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

The lawyer gave you bad advice. Your obligation to the alien you sponsored continues until they (1) become US citizens, (2) work for 10 years, (3) lose LPR status or leave the U.S., (4) is deported, or (5) dies. As long as you have an obligation to the sponsored alien, you have to include her as part of your household size.

Now if my household size is 3 will my income of 27000 be enough?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.