Pistons

Tourist Visa Denied India - Need Help

3 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

My wife came to USA on a K1 visa. I married her after her husband passed way. She came to USA with her son. Her ex in-laws only son passed away. They would like to visit my wife and see their grandchild in USA.

Their visa got rejected and I need help with the following questions:

1) Does it help to send the US consulate a letter from my wife requesting a visa. The letter would state that my wife’s ex-inlaws would like to visit their grandchild. They own property in India and have no intentions of staying in USA. Who do I send this letter to in the Mumbai consulate.

2)My wife’s ex-inlaws do not have any other kids. What else can they show to convince the officer that they have strong ties in INDIA. They own property and they are working professionally.

I would appreciate any help

Sending a letter in reference to a B2 application to the US consulate is a waste of everybody's time and paper. The only way an applicant is going to be approved of a visitors visa is if they & they alone can convince the consulate officer that they will not stay outside their allotted time in the US or work (that includes babysitting/volunteering). Some folks go to their interview with nothing to their name but a job and get approved while others with careers and everything yet still get denied.

What a few people have done successfully is bring to their interviews property titles, employment letter from their place of work or any other evidence of duties that they must attend to back home. By the end of the interview, the officer should be thinking these people are 1) unlikely to abandon all 'this' to live in the US 2) work unlawfully in the US.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

My wife came to USA on a K1 visa. I married her after her husband passed way. She came to USA with her son. Her ex in-laws only son passed away. They would like to visit my wife and see their grandchild in USA.

Their visa got rejected and I need help with the following questions:

1) Does it help to send the US consulate a letter from my wife requesting a visa. The letter would state that my wife’s ex-inlaws would like to visit their grandchild. They own property in India and have no intentions of staying in USA. Who do I send this letter to in the Mumbai consulate.

2)My wife’s ex-inlaws do not have any other kids. What else can they show to convince the officer that they have strong ties in INDIA. They own property and they are working professionally.

I would appreciate any help

Your wife has zero to do with the tourist visa process for another person. In fact in may be the factor that causes the denial.

These people have to apply & qualify on their own. This means they have to offset the idea that they are intending immigrants which is what all people with any type of visa are. They have to prove beyond a doubt they will return. Indicating they own property or work isnt enough. The property can be sold & the jobs are meaningless as soon as they enter the USA. What other reasons do they have that compel them to return?

Having been denied they will have to change the info submitted enough to allow an approval. This can be very difficult to do. The problem is the history of those that abused the tourist visas in the past. This results in a very difficult situation for other well meaning people.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.