Skwirl

Marriage & Birth Cert. Forma Literal

8 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Honduras
Timeline

I was informed from NVC that I would need to submit Birth & Marriage Certificates in Forma Literal. I guess this means I will need to get these Authenticated and Apostille as well??? I dont even know where to get the long form.............

PS - Anyone from Honduras trying to immigrate. NVC did not accept the police certificate from La Ceiba. Must come from Tegucigalpa.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Honduras
Timeline

You should just be able to send in the Forma Literal sans apostille, not sure what you mean by authenticated. My husband sent me those two in Forma Literal exactly the way they handed them to him, I believe he got his birth certificate in the pueblo near his parents' house (where he went to school but not where he was born), and the marriage certificate from the municipality where we married. Then I translated them and sent them to NVC.

Yes, antecedentes policiales must come from Teg, also must be less than six months old at interview (or else get another one).

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Honduras
Timeline

You should just be able to send in the Forma Literal sans apostille, not sure what you mean by authenticated. My husband sent me those two in Forma Literal exactly the way they handed them to him, I believe he got his birth certificate in the pueblo near his parents' house (where he went to school but not where he was born), and the marriage certificate from the municipality where we married. Then I translated them and sent them to NVC.

Yes, antecedentes policiales must come from Teg, also must be less than six months old at interview (or else get another one).

You say Sans Apostille..... Doees that mean without Apostille.

About the police certificate.From everything I read here, I was thinking I needed that upon interview time. NVC is asking for that and I wasnt prepared. This is the only thing that has cost me time so far.

Timeline

oh yeah sorry, no appostille. We managed to get through without apostilling anything. Although we made the mistake of sending the regular forms first, so to get the forma literal for NVC we rushed around (meaning my husband had a lot of traveling to do). But the good news is once we sent them in they responded within like a week I think with case closed. Then, two weeks before interview, my husband went back to Tegucigalpa for another police cert.

Timeline

Just wondering for future ppl that is planning to do this process.

Where exactly do you have to have your police certificate taken?

I ask this cuz in your post you mention that they ask you they had

To be from tegucigalpa, and I had mine in SPS and didn't have any

Trouble at all. So, just for the rest to know if someone can help

It will be appreciate...

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Honduras
Timeline

Just wondering for future ppl that is planning to do this process.

Where exactly do you have to have your police certificate taken?

I ask this cuz in your post you mention that they ask you they had

To be from tegucigalpa, and I had mine in SPS and didn't have any

Trouble at all. So, just for the rest to know if someone can help

It will be appreciate...

The info I found from the Honduran Consulate's office site says that it has to be from the DNIC in Comayaguela....from there and only there is what it says!!! That is the national location so it's the most official, I guess.

January 3, 2012 Mailed I-129F

January 9, 2012 NOA1

June 11, 2012 NOA2 rec'd 154 days later...

July 5, 2012 NVC rec'd and new case number given

July 9, 2012 Left NVC en route to Honduras! :)

July 13, 2012 Received at Embassy!

Aug. 7, 2012 Interview date and Packet 4 rec'd by email

Oct. 8, 2012 Medical

Oct. 10, 2012 INTERVIEW: APPROVED!!!

Oct. 16, 2012 Visa in hand

Oct. 23, 2012 POE Atlanta

Dec. 30, 2012 Wedding! ;)

Timeline

The info I found from the Honduran Consulate's office site says that it has to be from the DNIC in Comayaguela....from there and only there is what it says!!! That is the national location so it's the most official, I guess.

Yeah, that's the one. It also takes a couple days to a week to actually get it (so it's a double pain if you live outside of Tegus and your interview is more than 6 mos after you get the first one!)

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: Country: Honduras
Timeline

im also confused on literal birth cert. the only one ive ever seen is computer generated and stamped ,blue/white, is that ok ??whats a literal birth cert.??also can antesectes penales can wife get it in SPS where she lives or does it have to be from tegus??

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.