iamlianne

AOS INTERVIEW SOON!

3 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Fellow Vj's,

I need your help! so USCIS sent us email saying that they send us letter for my interview on May 08, 2012.. i know its a month and 4 days before that but i want to get ready! :) i know this been asked million times but i wanna hear from you guys :)

i wanna know what will happen in that interview? i mean what will they ask? what we need to bring?

we just got married 3 months ago! we dont have joint account yet! although we are planning to do it last week of May when we go back to Oklahama.

all that i have as a proof that we have legit relationship are our marriage certificate, pictures of our wedding day, wedding rings, and my ID from US Airforce stating that iam his spouse..

pls. share your experience! thanks in advance

Timeline

We had our interview last Feb.8, 2012. We just brought a duplicate AOS packet of what we submitted. Even though we submitted copies of my birth certificate, marriage certificate, husband's naturalization certificate, the IO also asked to see the originals (he just glanced at it in the clearbook I brought) He asked to see both of our passports too. He even questioned why I submitted the I-693 since I already undergone a medical exam in my home country, I just said I followed instructions about the vaccination record not completed. He gave us the impression we didn't need the I-693 (good thing we only paid $15 for the transcription!). He said since we were just newlyweds, its understandable we didn't have enough documents together yet given at the time of the interview

He also made copies of my husband's driver's license & my CA ID since it shows we live at the same address. Other than that, we only had a fax letter from my husband's insurance company showing we were on the same plan. We live with his mother so we couldn't show any lease/mortgages; their family also has a cellphone plan under his mother's name so we couldn't show that either.

Don't forget to bring photos too, especially of the wedding. The IO kept 3 photos of what I brought. The only thing I remember him asking was how we met & scribbled the stuff we said on our file.

Good luck!

K-1 Timeline

2-01-2011 > Mailed 129F

02-09-2011 > NOA1 email & SMS notification

02-12-2011 > NOA1 hardcopy received via mail (official date on NOA1 is 02-07-11)

05-17-2011 > NOA2 email & SMS notification (approved in 99 days from NOA1 date)

06-06-2011 > Got MNL case number

06-08-2011 > Paid Visa fee @ BPI bank (scheduled interview appointment online the same day)

06-13 & 14-2011 > 2-day medical exam

07-08-2011 > Received Letter of Eligibility

08-02-2011 > USEM Interview (rescheduled from July 18) - APPROVED!

08-11-2011 > Visa issued (accdg. to USEM email inquiry; 9 days from interview date)

08-15-2011 > 2go site showed Visa is already in transit

08-16-2011 > Visa received! (10 working days from interview date)

08-22-2011 > CFO Seminar

09-02-2011 > POE: SFO

AOS Timeline

10-13-2011 > Obtained marriage license

11-17-2011 > WEDDING

11-18-2011 > Sent AOS packet (with AOS & EAD)

12-01-2011 > Received hard copy NOA 1 for AOS & EAD

12-10-2011 > Received biometrics letter for 12-29

12-29-2011 > Biometrics taken

01-09-2012 > Letter for Request for Initial Interview received scheduled on Feb. 8

01-20-2012 > EAD status - Document/Card production

01-26-2012 > Accdg. to USCIS site: "We mailed you a notice that we have approved this I765 APPLICATION FOR EMPLOYMENT AUTHORIZATION."

01-28-2012 > EAD card arrives

02-08-2012 > AOS interview - APPROVED!

02-11-2012 > Welcome Notice received

02-13-2012 > Card production ordered

02-14-2012 > Green card mailed

02-18-2012 > Green card arrives

Timeline

We had our interview last Feb.8, 2012. We just brought a duplicate AOS packet of what we submitted. Even though we submitted copies of my birth certificate, marriage certificate, husband's naturalization certificate, the IO also asked to see the originals (he just glanced at it in the clearbook I brought) He asked to see both of our passports too. He even questioned why I submitted the I-693 since I already undergone a medical exam in my home country, I just said I followed instructions about the vaccination record not completed. He gave us the impression we didn't need the I-693 (good thing we only paid $15 for the transcription!). He said since we were just newlyweds, its understandable we didn't have enough documents together yet given at the time of the interview

He also made copies of my husband's driver's license & my CA ID since it shows we live at the same address. Other than that, we only had a fax letter from my husband's insurance company showing we were on the same plan. We live with his mother so we couldn't show any lease/mortgages; their family also has a cellphone plan under his mother's name so we couldn't show that either.

Don't forget to bring photos too, especially of the wedding. The IO kept 3 photos of what I brought. The only thing I remember him asking was how we met & scribbled the stuff we said on our file.

Good luck!

Thank you for the responce! its really a big help. just few questions, i have kids with my previous relationship, they said i need their birthcertificate.. i dont have it right now, i dont get it why they need it since they arent with me on this adjustment of status.. we dont have a lease contract cuz he is been living in this apartment before i arrived here. and if we ask the landlord to put my name on the lease we need to renew the contract that is very impossible to happen since we are moving in Oklahoma on May 27.. like what i have said we dont have joint bank account yet and the interview will be on may 08,2012.. his bank is in Oklahoma so we can do that bank account thing AFTER the nterview.. iam freaking out right now, iam so scared that after all this i will get denied :(

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.