22 posts in this topic

One other thing you may do is to plan your return flight to arrive at Kennedy International in NY, the POE officers there stamp the passport with a temporary work stamp. Can work as soon as you get a SSN. I don't know how long they will continue the practice there at Kennedy.

There's been talk that after Oct 1, 2006 they are no longer doing it. Check before you waste your $$ trying to fly through there.

Local offices are (supposed to) no longer issue interim EAD's, however this is not the same thing as getting the document at JFK. I haven't seen anything yet that suggests JFK will cease providing these.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Hi guys!!! I just arrived in USA throught JFK and I got my permission to work over there! Actually they stamped my I-94. That was great!!!

K1

05/16/06 Sent our papers to Vermont

05/30/06 Got NOA 1

07/31/06 Got 2 NOA

08/11/06 Consulate got my process ( so happy)

08/14/06 Sent packet 3 to Rio (Sent before I got)

08/18/06 Got packet 3 from consulate

09/26/06 Interview date!!!!

09/28/06 Approved - After 3 days been interviewed

10/07/06 Got my authorization to work at JFK POE

11/09/06 Got Married!!!

AOS / EAD / AP

12/05/06 AOS / AP/ EAD

12/10/06 Received Date AOS/AP/EAD

12/14/06 NOA 1 AOS/EAD/AP

12/19/06 Touched AOS/EAD/AP

12/20/06 Touched AOS/EAD/AP

01/04/07 Biometrics

01/04/07 Touched AOS/EAD

01/09/07 Touched AOS Transfer to California

01/09/07 EAD Touched

01/12/07 AOS Pending at California

01/17/07 Touched AOS

01/18/07 Touched AOS

01/20/07 Touched AOS

02/15/07 AP approved!!!!!!

02/16/07 EAD Touched

02/19/07 EAD / AP Touched

02/21/07 AP Touched

02/21/07 EAD approved

02/22/07 RFE - Imigration lost my medical records

04/30/07 Send everything again

05/04/07 Approved without interview

Removing Conditional I-751

03/16/09 Sent Application

04/22/09 Biometrics taken

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
Do we have to be approved for the adjustment of status before they issue him a work permit...or will he be able to work while we are waiting for the temperary residency to be completed?

The conclusion of the adjustment of status is well, his status is adjusted to Permanent Resident. PRs have permission to live work and travel in/out of the US. They get a Green Card to prove this.

The work permit (EAD) is the temporary fix to hold him over until his AOS is complete.

His residency isn't really 'temporary', he will be a Legal Permanent Resident after AOS, just with one more paper to file.

recommend the following reads to anyone who is becoming a Permanent Resident, so you can better understand your rights and responsibilities.

Now That You Are A Permanent Resident

http://uscis.gov/graphics/howdoi/PermRes.htm

How Do I Remove the Conditions on Permanent Residence Based on Marriage?

http://uscis.gov/graphics/howdoi/remcond.htm

Welcome to the United States:

A Guide for New Immigrants

http://uscis.gov/graphics/citizenship/imm_guide.htm

One other thing you may do is to plan your return flight to arrive at Kennedy International in NY, the POE officers there stamp the passport with a temporary work stamp. Can work as soon as you get a SSN. I don't know how long they will continue the practice there at Kennedy.

There's been talk that after Oct 1, 2006 they are no longer doing it. Check before you waste your $$ trying to fly through there.

Kill the rumors!

I've only read about it in a few postings here----and no one knows wehre the rumor came from.

I *did* hear that they'll do away with work auth for K-1s altogether, but nothing has happened with that.

Now That You Are A Permanent Resident

How Do I Remove The Conditions On Permanent Residence Based On Marriage?

Welcome to the United States: A Guide For New Immigrants

Yes, even this last one.. stuff in there that not even your USC knows.....

Here are more links that I love:

Arriving in America, The POE Drill

Dual Citizenship FAQ

Other Fora I Post To:

alt.visa.us.marriage-based http://britishexpats.com/ and www.***removed***.com

censored link = *family based immigration* website

Inertia. Is that the Greek god of 'can't be bothered'?

Met, married, immigrated, naturalized.

I-130 filed Aug02

USC Jul06

No Deje Piedras Sobre El Pavimento!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: South Korea
Timeline
Hi guys!!! I just arrived in USA throught JFK and I got my permission to work over there! Actually they stamped my I-94. That was great!!!

Thank you for letting us know. Maybe I should try to go through JFK as well.

Filed: Timeline

meauxna,

Maybe the rumor came from this USCIS Public Notice.

http://www.uscis.gov/graphics/publicaffair...gCh072806PN.pdf

One can still apply and be approved for interim EA at a local District or Sub office, but such offices will no longer produce the cards. So one can expect to go home without it (the card).

Yodrak

Edited by Yodrak

OK, no alluding here.

My fiancé just came in 10/1 through JFK and got his work permit. Dont' know if this is ending as Devilette suggests. I googled it but didn't find anything.

(question: when giving opinions or possible info , why would one "allude"?)

My POE was JFK too, Sept 20, 2006 but my I-194 has no stamp of that "temporary work permit"...just the duration of how long i have to stay here in the US.

Did ur fiance asked the immigration office for that stamp or it is customary on their part to put a stamp "temporary work permit" on what part of your VISA/Passport or I-94????

Hi,

What do they stamp and/or write on your I-94? Mine is just the rubber stap oblong size of Homeland Security Customs and Border Protection, the word ADMITTED NYC, Sept 20, 2006 Class is K1 and untill Dec 19, 2006. So, for me this is just the duration of how long I am allowed to stay here, no particular indication that I am allowed to work........ I wonder what they wrote or stamp on your I-94????

Please let me know. Thanks.

www.*removed for spam*

AOS Progress:

03-12-07 DHS received the package

03-16-07 Received NOA1 my case is at MISSOURI SERVICE CENTER

03-19-07 Received Notice for Biometrics

03-30-07 BIOMETRICS (napakadaling proseso)

04-03-07 I-485 transferred to California Service Center

05-14-07 Touched

05-15-07 Touched

05-16-07 Email Notice:

05-17-07 Touching continues... Case Pending in CSC

K-1 VISA TIMELINE

02-02-06 NOA1 - Receipt Notice

02-09-06 NOA2 - Approval Notice

05-15-06 Medical Exam

06-16-06 Interview (Friday)

06-19-06 Received VISA via DelBros (Monday)

09-20-06 USA POE JFK

12-08-06 Wedding Day

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.