stormyrain

is it ok to have my medical @ SLEC 4 days before my interview?

5 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Timeline

will i be able to finish and complete my medical exam in time for my interview if ill have it 4 days before my interview? do i have to secure another NBI clearance and NSO marriage certificate and birth certificates even if i have already submtted the original documents to the NVC? where shall i pay the visa fee? do i have to call the embassy and confirm my appointment? my husband already recieved the appointment letter. can anyone share their experiences. thanks and God bless?

will i be able to finish and complete my medical exam in time for my interview if ill have it 4 days before my interview?

medical exams usually takes 2 days, 1st day for physical, urine, eye,blood, xray,vaccine interview. 2nd day for vaccine shots and releasing of medical result & vaccine record. giving only 4 days for the SLEC is a little rough bcos they need to send ur passport and medical results to US embassy for them to verify and evaluate the results. And your not yet sure if your medical will be "fine result" automatically, thats why usually they give 1 or 2 weeks schedule before the applicant interview.

do i have to secure another NBI clearance and NSO marriage certificate and birth certificates even if i have already submtted the original documents to the NVC?

My husband and i sent photocopy of my docs, and i showed up the original on the day of my interview, they will be askign for it, i don't know to some who send original. Just incase if its not a burden to you, why dont u secure another. Anyway, you needing another original copy of your birth, marriage certificates when you file your AOS in US.

where shall i pay the visa fee?

When you've been approved in your I-129F the service center in US will send all your docs to Manila US embassy and they will evaluate and process it. Upon after evaluation, they will notify you if you have lacked of documents or more information needed for your application. If they think its complete or sometimes vice versa, they will send you packet 3 which include some forms for you to fill-up, also the medical & interview schedule letter and bring it all in interview.

One of the forms is the one you need to bring to Bank of the Phils Island or Citibank, so you could pay the visa fee and they will stamp the validation machine that you paid for it at the back of one of the forms.

NOTE: you will pay visa fee "ONLY" after you where done and cleared with your medical exams and results.

do i have to call the embassy and confirm my appointment?

Usually you just need to wait for it, bcos it takes time for them to evaluate each cases. But you could call and follow it up anytime if they assigned you a medical exam schedule and interview schedule, so you have idea when and prepare yourself.

my husband already recieved the appointment letter.

Appoinment letter of what??? medical exam??? If dats so .. you could call embassy to check when is your medical exams, so you could verify , but remember you shouldn't be having menstruation on the day of your medical exams or they will asked you to come back after 1 week. If you think you gonna have menstruation on the date of schedule. You could call embassy to asked for early medical exams, so it wont hinder your interview schedule. You could adjust medical schedule by advancing it, but dont risk rescheduling your interview.

can anyone share their experiences. thanks and God bless? Your Welcome! & Goodluck!

-rebelheart-

Edited by rebelheart

07-13-06 - K1/K2 AOS/EAD sent

11-04-06 - 2 NOA's transfer to CSC

11-17-06 - "K1 APPROVED AOS" no interview

11-27-06 - "K1 - GREENCARD" rcvd.

01-23-07 - K2 GREENCARD rcvd.

08-20-08 - I-751 sent to Texas Service Center, transfer to VSC

08-26-08 - I-751 NOA1 & 1yr. Extension letter

09-18-08 - I-751 NOA2 - Biometrics Appointment Notice

03-11-09 - I-751 transfer from VSC to CSC!

05-13-09 - I-751 APPROVED

06-24-09 - card production ordered

08-20-09 - N400 - Citizenship Application

08-24-09 - NOA notice date

08-28-09 - NOA in mailbox

09-10-09 - email asking for more evidence

09-14-09 - Biometrics NOA date

09-18-09 - Biometrics Letter arrived in mailbox

10-09-09 - Biometrics Schedule

10-14-09 - Notice date of the yellow letter

10-30-09 - touched online for "testing & interview"

11-03-09 - IL received in mailbox

12-07-09 - "PASSED" Interview & it's my Hubby Bday too!

04-17-10 - Oath letter received in mailbox

05-14-10 - Judicial Oath atlast! in Atl

110 days - Application to Interview

158 days - Interview to Judicial Oath

268 days - Total processing days for my N400

Filed: Other Timeline

thanks for your reply rebelheart. im on IR1 , and the appointment letter is for my interview, i think i should have my medical earlier, to avoid any complications and delays, Im from the visayas and my husband is coming so he can accompany me to manila, he will be arriving on the weekend and i planned to have my medical on monday the same week as my interview w/c happens on a friday. hmmmm another thing to worry about, i am really getting nervous and anxious about this, but i always have my regular medical check ups here because i have allergies and i am asthmatic, i have kept all my medical records, immunizations and xrays. how long does it usually take for SLEC to give the medical results to the embassy?

thanks for your reply rebelheart. im on IR1 , and the appointment letter is for my interview, i think i should have my medical earlier, to avoid any complications and delays, Im from the visayas and my husband is coming so he can accompany me to manila, he will be arriving on the weekend and i planned to have my medical on monday the same week as my interview w/c happens on a friday. hmmmm another thing to worry about, i am really getting nervous and anxious about this, but i always have my regular medical check ups here because i have allergies and i am asthmatic, i have kept all my medical records, immunizations and xrays. how long does it usually take for SLEC to give the medical results to the embassy?

OK goodluck, just bring all necessary medical history you have. it wont take long actually, its just they give allowance of a week between medical and interview, bcos if there's further more need to do for medical, thats why.

If u want to advance it's fine, you just need to inform embassy and SLEC, when u go to st. lukes just showed up your appointment letter of medical exams. Or call SLEC for you requesting for early medical exams. Don't be nervous, it will depends in your health background anyway, and they will give advice than giving you loose hopes.

God bless!

Edited by rebelheart

07-13-06 - K1/K2 AOS/EAD sent

11-04-06 - 2 NOA's transfer to CSC

11-17-06 - "K1 APPROVED AOS" no interview

11-27-06 - "K1 - GREENCARD" rcvd.

01-23-07 - K2 GREENCARD rcvd.

08-20-08 - I-751 sent to Texas Service Center, transfer to VSC

08-26-08 - I-751 NOA1 & 1yr. Extension letter

09-18-08 - I-751 NOA2 - Biometrics Appointment Notice

03-11-09 - I-751 transfer from VSC to CSC!

05-13-09 - I-751 APPROVED

06-24-09 - card production ordered

08-20-09 - N400 - Citizenship Application

08-24-09 - NOA notice date

08-28-09 - NOA in mailbox

09-10-09 - email asking for more evidence

09-14-09 - Biometrics NOA date

09-18-09 - Biometrics Letter arrived in mailbox

10-09-09 - Biometrics Schedule

10-14-09 - Notice date of the yellow letter

10-30-09 - touched online for "testing & interview"

11-03-09 - IL received in mailbox

12-07-09 - "PASSED" Interview & it's my Hubby Bday too!

04-17-10 - Oath letter received in mailbox

05-14-10 - Judicial Oath atlast! in Atl

110 days - Application to Interview

158 days - Interview to Judicial Oath

268 days - Total processing days for my N400

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.