truffles

Decree Absolute

5 posts in this topic

Hi,

Just wondered if any of you guys and girls every got a RFE for a certified copy of divorcee decree?

We got RFE letter today asking him ( US petitioner) to send a copy of his with a judges signature , and for mine to be signed off by a court official too...i just checked my nisi and absolute and all i have on it is a stamp ( the usual crown ) ...is this correct or should i actually have a signature - having checked them there doesnt seem to be anyplace for a signature ,,,so i am puzzled -

i sent the copy of absolute in and beause the actual title "decree absolute" is so tiny and appears s the last sentence on the bottom of the page i even highlighted it ( in a rather fetching pink!)

All input gratefully received

:D

Mine didn`t have a judges signature...i called the court and the lawyer that had dealt with it years before and they both told me that it wasnt supposed to have a signature...just the crown stamp...didnt get a rfe for mine...seems strange. I would call the lawyer that dealt with the divorce just to double check...then send a letter to the uscis explaining that we do not have signatures on ours here in the UK. Good luck

k37hm7.png

03-06-10 Mailed N-400

03-17-10 Check cashed

03-19-10 NOA received

03-22-10 Biometrics sent

04-09-10 Biometrics appointment

06-14-10 Interview Date

06-22-10 Received letter for Oath

07-02-10 Oath ceremony

I just checked the decree - i think possibly the pink crown stamp didnt come through on the photocopy and maybe that is the prob? so i am sending for another certified copy and i will send them that and the usual reply letter from the court - that really should be sufficient i hope!!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

We got an RFE for the same thing, some people do some don't truly makes no sense. We called the court for the county his divorce was in and ask for a certified (stamped) copy. They did a red stamp with a signature and date, and that was that. Not so sure the crown stamp has anything at all to do with it.

bar37.gif

Image14.jpg

bar37.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

My husband got a certified copy and, without any information to instruct him that it might be needed, he simply wasn't satisfied that there was no official signature. He brought the copy back, left it with the clerk, and picked it up the next day after a magistrate had signed it. The magistrate simply wrote on the bottom of the decree that it was an authentic copy of a legal decree and signed his name. They were very understanding about the whole situation.

I know it's hard to find places to make color photocopies of identification cards or legal documents, but my husband persuaded a print shop to allow him to make copies of several itmes on one of their color copiers while they turned a blind eye. So we have a clear, color image of both the red crown stamp and the ink signature. A good "separated from my love" story works wonders!

JenM

For CR-1 Process:

CIS

08.17.06 - I-130 mailed to TSC

08.29.06 - NOA-1 generated

09.04.06 - NOA-1 received in the mail from CSC

09.11.06 - *Touch*

09.15.06 - *Touch*

11.01.06 - APPROVED!! [76 days]

NVC

11.20.06 - Case number assigned

11.21.06 - E-mailed Choice of Agent and mailed AOS Bill using James' Shortcuts

11.28.06 - Choice of Agent in NVC system

12.04.06 - IV Bill and I-864 Packet generated

12.06.06 - I-864 mailed using James' Shortcuts

12.12.06 - IV Bill rec'd via USPS and payment sent back to NVC same day

12.21.06 - I-864 in NVC system

12.26.06 - DS-230 generated

12.29.06 - DS-230 mailed using James' Shortcuts

01.08.07 - All paperwork in NVC system.

02.07.07 - Case complete [80 days]. NVC reports our file has left for London

*** Saved total of 29 days using James' Shortcuts***

London Embassy

03.06.07 - Packet arrives with interview date & instructions

04.03.07 - Medical in London - went smoothly

04.12.07 - 10.30 AM Interview at London Embassy - in and out in half an hour!

04.13.07 - Visa arrives at Hubby's home in York, 1.30 PM. WOW!

04.29.07 - Husband arrives in US via Newark. :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.