fm2002

Soon to arrive in the USA w/ Fiance Visa

10 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

We are on a plane Sunday morning from Bkk to the USA. Was wondering if someone could tell me what will happen next starting with;

1. She has her Visa in her passport and the Packet the U.S. Embassy Bkk gave her. Upon arrival what do we do ?

2. I'm working on getting Married within a week of arrival. Is there a step by step guide like I followed for her Fiance Visa for the next steps to getting her green card on Thai VisaJourney ?

Thanks

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

We are on a plane Sunday morning from Bkk to the USA. Was wondering if someone could tell me what will happen next starting with;

1. She has her Visa in her passport and the Packet the U.S. Embassy Bkk gave her. Upon arrival what do we do ?

2. I'm working on getting Married within a week of arrival. Is there a step by step guide like I followed for her Fiance Visa for the next steps to getting her green card on Thai VisaJourney ?

Thanks

1. Under no circumstances open that packet the embassy gave her. It's known as the brown envelope. Opening that thing will cause major issues. Smile at POE and hand it over.

2. Follow the AOS guides after marriage. Look here:

http://www.visajourney.com/content/k1k3aos

You can click on the 'X' to the right to ignore this signature.

Timeline

1. Under no circumstances open that packet the embassy gave her. It's known as the brown envelope. Opening that thing will cause major issues. Smile at POE and hand it over.

2. Follow the AOS guides after marriage. Look here:

http://www.visajourney.com/content/k1k3aos

Thanks for the link. Looks like lots of work ahead.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Thanks

At POE use citizens line. Turn over the mystery envelope. It simply contains the info required at the AOS including the medical file. No matter where you do the AOS meeting it will follow you there.

Karee has given you good info on the next steps.

Make sure you have her name on file at the post office & inside your mail box. Anything sent to her will be in her name only. It will be returned if they dont acknowledge her at your address. Make sure USCIS has her correct address here in the USA as well.

I would take her to your local health clinic for her follow up shots when you have time. We did this & my shots (3) were 23 dollars. A doctor wanted 250. I got a shot card with all my current info that has helped me in some work related issues.

Find her an Asian market in your area asap. Papaya salad is a must! Buy her a Poc Poc too.

Timeline

Thanks for the link. Looks like lots of work ahead.

Yeah the K-1 is the quickest route, but there's alot of B.S. once she gets here. First of all the $1100 for the adjustment of status. Plus she'll be sitting around unable to work for 3-4 months.

The K-1 is kind of a "I want her here now" visa.

Timeline

At POE use citizens line. Turn over the mystery envelope. It simply contains the info required at the AOS including the medical file. No matter where you do the AOS meeting it will follow you there.

Karee has given you good info on the next steps.

Make sure you have her name on file at the post office & inside your mail box. Anything sent to her will be in her name only. It will be returned if they dont acknowledge her at your address. Make sure USCIS has her correct address here in the USA as well.

I would take her to your local health clinic for her follow up shots when you have time. We did this & my shots (3) were 23 dollars. A doctor wanted 250. I got a shot card with all my current info that has helped me in some work related issues.

Find her an Asian market in your area asap. Papaya salad is a must! Buy her a Poc Poc too.

Hey Ning good to hear from you !

So her Thai family name not her new married last name ?

When you say local health care clinic; do you mean local as in here in Thailand ?

Never under estimate a Thai's need for Poc Poc. Fortunately I have 2 friends near where we live that have Thai wives with Thai gardens. However I had to draw the line when I caught my Fiance trying to pack Balaa :) Trying to also sort a fast enough internet connection so she can stream her Thai Soaps.

Timeline

When you say local health care clinic; do you mean local as in here in Thailand ?

Never under estimate a Thai's need for Poc Poc. Fortunately I have 2 friends near where we live that have Thai wives with Thai gardens. However I had to draw the line when I caught my Fiance trying to pack Balaa :) Trying to also sort a fast enough internet connection so she can stream her Thai Soaps.

I think you mean Plalaa. That #### stinks. Get used to it. Poc Poc = Som Tan.

She's obviously from Isaan. What province?

Don't try to bring any of that food back. That's a big hassle. I brought back a big bag of Khet moo ( pork rinds). They treated me like I had a pound of weed in my suitcase. You can however bring back the tools to make it.

I had no problem bringing back nom ####### num. Kinda sucked they took my khet moo, but what can ya do? The joys of this process.

Timeline

Yeah the K-1 is the quickest route, but there's alot of B.S. once she gets here. First of all the $1100 for the adjustment of status. Plus she'll be sitting around unable to work for 3-4 months.

The K-1 is kind of a "I want her here now" visa.

Yep this why we choose Fiance. Quicker to get there.

Timeline

Yep this why we choose Fiance. Quicker to get there.

Yeah it sucks when they give preference to people that are potential future family members, versus people that are already family members.

Edited by Karee

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

We are all pleased to see you so far along now.

Just remember USCIS will use the name they have for her to send the docs. Put that name in your mail box & maybe her married name as well. We didnt think to do it for my daughters docs & they were sent back to USCIS. Our ignorance cost us a few months durning which we were certian it was another huge USCIS mistake. Turned out it was our own!

Local meaning in your area in the USA. We did it thinking it would matter for the AOS meeting but they didnt care because my medical was not yet one year old.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.