kimoJ

need to know the coorect irs tax transcript

9 posts in this topic

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

hello Vjers, i need your help ones again. went for my interview on monday. actually it didnt look like an interview. it looked like just presenting documents to me. i presented all the documents i was told to bring, my dna went through, sent a new medical and police report. everything went through buh i was told by the CO the tax transcript was not what they were lookn for. CO gave another long date and told me to please bring the transcript. i hav gone to the website (www.irs.gov) they gave me and cant really find what they want. im sure my mom sent the 1040 federal tax returns. to my knowledge now its only the tax transcript thats keepn me here a lil longer. please Vjers can some1 help me know the correct tax transcript to send and if anybody can go to the extend to really show me how it looks like i will be really grateful, thank you.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

hello Vjers, i need your help ones again. went for my interview on monday. actually it didnt look like an interview. it looked like just presenting documents to me. i presented all the documents i was told to bring, my dna went through, sent a new medical and police report. everything went through buh i was told by the CO the tax transcript was not what they were lookn for. CO gave another long date and told me to please bring the transcript. i hav gone to the website (www.irs.gov) they gave me and cant really find what they want. im sure my mom sent the 1040 federal tax returns. to my knowledge now its only the tax transcript thats keepn me here a lil longer. please Vjers can some1 help me know the correct tax transcript to send and if anybody can go to the extend to really show me how it looks like i will be really grateful, thank you.

I am confused.Do they want tax transcripts or tax returns?Tax transcripts are free, Tax returns are not.If you order tax returns from the IRS it could be pretty expensive.How many years do they want you to provide the returns? Its $57.00 per tax period for the tax returns and its free for the transcripts.

Below is information from IRS .GOV.

Topic 156 - Copy of Your Tax Return – How to Get One

If you need an exact copy of a previously filed and processed tax return and all attachments (including Form W-2), you should complete Form 4506 (PDF), Request for Copy of Tax Return, and mail it to the address listed in the instructions, along with a $57.00 fee for each tax period requested. The check or money order for the fee should be made payable to the "United States Treasury". Copies are generally available for returns filed in the current and past six years. Copies of jointly filed tax returns may be requested by either spouse and only one signature is required. Allow 60 calendar days to receive your copies.

Most needs for tax return information can be met with a computer print-out of your return information called a "transcript". A transcript may be an acceptable substitute for an exact copy of a return by the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services and lending agencies for student loans and mortgages. A "tax return transcript" will show most line items contained on the return as it was originally filed. If you need a statement of your tax account which shows changes that you or the IRS made after the original return was filed, however, you must request a "tax account transcript". Both transcripts are generally available for the current and past three years and are provided free of charge. The period in which you will receive the transcript varies from within ten to thirty business days from the time the IRS receives your request for the tax return or tax account transcript.

You can obtain a free transcript on the IRS.gov Website (www.irs.gov) by clicking Order a Transcript under the Online Services option, or by calling 800-908-9946 and following the prompts in the recorded message, or by completing and mailing a request for a transcript to the address listed in the

Timeline

I am confused.Do they want tax transcripts or tax returns?Tax transcripts are free, Tax returns are not.If you order tax returns from the IRS it could be pretty expensive.How many years do they want you to provide the returns? Its $57.00 per tax period for the tax returns and its free for the transcripts.

Below is information from IRS .GOV.

Topic 156 - Copy of Your Tax Return – How to Get One

If you need an exact copy of a previously filed and processed tax return and all attachments (including Form W-2), you should complete Form 4506 (PDF), Request for Copy of Tax Return, and mail it to the address listed in the instructions, along with a $57.00 fee for each tax period requested. The check or money order for the fee should be made payable to the "United States Treasury". Copies are generally available for returns filed in the current and past six years. Copies of jointly filed tax returns may be requested by either spouse and only one signature is required. Allow 60 calendar days to receive your copies.

Most needs for tax return information can be met with a computer print-out of your return information called a "transcript". A transcript may be an acceptable substitute for an exact copy of a return by the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services and lending agencies for student loans and mortgages. A "tax return transcript" will show most line items contained on the return as it was originally filed. If you need a statement of your tax account which shows changes that you or the IRS made after the original return was filed, however, you must request a "tax account transcript". Both transcripts are generally available for the current and past three years and are provided free of charge. The period in which you will receive the transcript varies from within ten to thirty business days from the time the IRS receives your request for the tax return or tax account transcript.

You can obtain a free transcript on the IRS.gov Website (www.irs.gov) by clicking Order a Transcript under the Online Services option, or by calling 800-908-9946 and following the prompts in the recorded message, or by completing and mailing a request for a transcript to the address listed in the

they said they wanted tax transcripts, and can u believe the co gave me close to 3 months to produce this document.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Ghana
Timeline

We had tax transcript not copies of the tax returns. The sponsor (and any co-sponsor) will need to get the past three years. They usually come within two business weeks. If they have access to a fax they can get it quicker.

Do you have a 2nd date?

Timeline

We had tax transcript not copies of the tax returns. The sponsor (and any co-sponsor) will need to get the past three years. They usually come within two business weeks. If they have access to a fax they can get it quicker.

Do you have a 2nd date?

i was ask to get my moms 2011 tax transcript and yes, i have a 2nd date. thanx

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Ghana
Timeline

i was ask to get my moms 2011 tax transcript and yes, i have a 2nd date. thanx

It takes about a month from filling to be ready. I hope your mom has filled.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.