newlywed0616

Documents submission to VFS in India prior to IR1/CR1 Interview

25 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Yup...we have copies of copies of the copies :)

So the interview letter is e-mailed to the beneficiary by the NVC. The packet 4 is to be received at the beneficiary's mailing address. In our case, we did not receive the hard or soft copy of the packet 4. We just go the interview letter, along with information of the documents we would need for the interview, all of which were marked as originals being received by the NVC. It was very strange!! Did some research after last week and the packet 4 can be downloaded at this link:

http://mumbai.usconsulate.gov/ivforms.html

Yes, very strange, i mean whats the point of giving all copies and originals to NVC if US embassy via VFS will still ask for copies during interview. STRANGE ! :blink: :blink: :wacko: :wacko:

I'm going to make extra copies anyway so, i will try to give to VFS if they want it or not.

if they want it, i will still carry some copies to Interview just incase.

COPIES COPIES Everywhere ! Not taking chance. :thumbs:

But i think Interview Letter (Packet 4) should have all the info to what to do., correct?

Timeline

Yup...we have copies of copies of the copies :)

So the interview letter is e-mailed to the beneficiary by the NVC. The packet 4 is to be received at the beneficiary's mailing address. In our case, we did not receive the hard or soft copy of the packet 4. We just go the interview letter, along with information of the documents we would need for the interview, all of which were marked as originals being received by the NVC. It was very strange!! Did some research after last week and the packet 4 can be downloaded at this link:

http://mumbai.usconsulate.gov/ivforms.html

1) I think the Interview letter (email) is the Packet 4? because it tells you what document to bring...

2) I think beneficiary will get this Interview letter or Packet 4 in EMAIL form? not mailing actual letter?

our interview is in New Delhi

Timeline

Hello everyone,

sorry to ask, but what is VFS?

I did went through couple of short cuts like James's short cut and did read about the procedure but nothing was mentioned about VFS?

Can anyone explain me how does VFS works? I am thinking my case would be forwarded to Mumbai embassy.

For Mumbai embassy interviews, Medical examination has to be taken in Mumbai itself or it could be taken at some other place. My spouse leaves in Indore, Madhya Pradesh, so would she need to go to Mumbai for Medical examination?

Do we schedule Medical examination by ourself or embassy does that?

When and where we would need to submit the results of the Medical examination?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Timeline

If your interview is at an US embassy in India, just wanted to let everyone know that it is imperative you submit your passport, medical report, copy of beneficiary's birth certificate, copy of marriage certificate, copy of DS 230, US passport size pictures, and pay the courier fee of Rs. 387 to the VFS office at least 4 business days prior to your interview.....

Do you mean a submit to VFS: Copy of Beneficiary's passport bio pages? or copy of all passport pages?

or the actual Passport book?

Timeline

You have to schedule the medical appointment yourself once you have your interview date. You have to check the website to find approved hospitals for medical in your area (Indore).

There should be a local VFS office where you can submit your documents prior to your interview so that you do not have to come to mumbai to submit your documents. Your medical reports will have to be submitted to the VFS office prior to the interview. The only part the beneficiary will need to take to the interview is the chest x-rays.

For Mumbai embassy interviews, Medical examination has to be taken in Mumbai itself or it could be taken at some other place. My spouse leaves in Indore, Madhya Pradesh, so would she need to go to Mumbai for Medical examination?

Do we schedule Medical examination by ourself or embassy does that?

When and where we would need to submit the results of the Medical examination?

Thanks in advance for your help.

You have to take the actual passport book with you to the VFS office. They make a copy of all the pages of the passport and return it to you. You have to then take it to the interview.

A copy of the beneficiary's passport should have been submitted to the NVC during the NVC stage.

Do you mean a submit to VFS: Copy of Beneficiary's passport bio pages? or copy of all passport pages?

or the actual Passport book?

Timeline

You have to take the actual passport book with you to the VFS office. They make a copy of all the pages of the passport and return it to you. You have to then take it to the interview.

A copy of the beneficiary's passport should have been submitted to the NVC during the NVC stage.

Copy of Bio pages of Beneficiary's Passport were submitted to NVC.

So for VFS, Beneficiary takes their passport and VFS makes copies of all pages and returns the passport to beneficiary.

Beneficiary then takes the actual passport to the Interview also.

correct?

we'll take copies of passport pages to interview just to be safe.

Timeline

Correct.

Yup, take the original passport to the interview and copies to be safe as you mentioned.

Copy of Bio pages of Beneficiary's Passport were submitted to NVC.

So for VFS, Beneficiary takes their passport and VFS makes copies of all pages and returns the passport to beneficiary.

Beneficiary then takes the actual passport to the Interview also.

correct?

we'll take copies of passport pages to interview just to be safe.

Timeline

How long before do we need to schedule a medical before the interview date?

And could we submit documents to VFS 7 days in advance before the interview date or it has to be only 4 business days only?

Do we need to make appointment to VFS too or it could be walk-in?

How long does it take to get the medical reports, any guess?

Timeline

As far as i know, here is my answer. Someone please correct me if i'm wrong.

How long before do we need to schedule a medical before the interview date?

-As soon as you get Interview letter. You need the Interview letter to get the Medical done.

And could we submit documents to VFS 7 days in advance before the interview date or it has to be only 4 business days only?

- Once you get medical report. I think we need to give all documents and medical (except chest x-ray) to VFS.

Do we need to make appointment to VFS too or it could be walk-in?

- I think it is walk-in. I have never read any topics on setting up appointment for VFS.

How long does it take to get the medical reports, any guess?

- I heard it takes about 2 weeks.

Edited by VisaJourney2011

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.