VisaParaUnSueno

G-325A What do you think? NO D.O.B

8 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

My Fiance's mother is in the process of fixing her date of birth through the Moroccan court records system. They didn't keep good records at the time of her birth so she's been using just the year but no month and day. She is in the process of getting this fixed at the moment. I was going to just put the year and have him type a letter and sign it stating why he can't put his mothers complete D.O.B on form G-325A. Is this a problem? Is the letter sufficient and does he have to notarize the letter if he is typing it and signing it himself? (Does any letter typed; have to be notarized or just hand written ones and or the ones being translated...?) Also his mother's married and maiden name are both the same, I assume that is a common thing in the culture or nothing to really be paranoid about them thinking it was a mistake in our part.

Thank you,

Edited by VisaParaUnSueno

Most older generations of Moroccans use 1-1-year they were born - as their birthdate because of the poor record keeping/attention to actual birthdate back in the day. I'm pretty sure that's how we did it for my parents-in-law and we had no problems. I'm sure that the consulate will be fairly familar with this practice.

Timeline

Thank you... did you attach any letter explaning that? my fiance did tell me to use the 01 01 but i wanted to make sure. if you can help me do u knoe if all letters typed have to be notarized or just the hand written or translated? Thanks!:)

Timeline

His family is writting a letter in arabic and having it translated or they are doing it in english not sure because his brothers speak and write it well in morocco. would that have to be notarized or if needed translation that too? And he is (my fiance) typing the letter of intent would he have to notarize that? thank you sry for so many questions. :blush:

Unless I'm misunderstanding something or did something wrong back when we submitted our paperwork, you're the US Citizen, therefore, the letter of intent gets written by you, and yes, you need that notarized.

Re: his parents writing letters, my experience has been when they are translated in Morocco, the translator certifies the translation with their seal.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

My Fiance's mother is in the process of fixing her date of birth through the Moroccan court records system. They didn't keep good records at the time of her birth so she's been using just the year but no month and day. She is in the process of getting this fixed at the moment. I was going to just put the year and have him type a letter and sign it stating why he can't put his mothers complete D.O.B on form G-325A. Is this a problem? Is the letter sufficient and does he have to notarize the letter if he is typing it and signing it himself? (Does any letter typed; have to be notarized or just hand written ones and or the ones being translated...?) Also his mother's married and maiden name are both the same, I assume that is a common thing in the culture or nothing to really be paranoid about them thinking it was a mistake in our part.

Thank you,

Answer as best as possible at the time you fill out the form. Note that information on parents is asked about "if known" I actually just entered "unknown" for Alla's father's information. No problem.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.