Calypso

Airlines in the PH

20 posts in this topic

I posted a related topic a few days ago.

I just wanna ask a few things again.

I'm looking up flights from Cebu to CDO (CEB-CGY) and back. My first choice is Philippine Airlines but their website shows "Flight is operated by Air Philippines" for the results.

So I wanna ask again: Are planes in the PH still safe nowadays? I'm not just inquiring about airport security but the ability of pilots and also engine performance. I've read this.

If the planes are doing well, is it best to fly with PAL, Cebu Pacific or Air Philippines Express? Why? Are there other better options when it comes to domestic flights?

17276-hobbes55_large.jpg

palplane.jpg

They fly the same planes as we do in the US like Airbus A320 family and As of October 2011, a total of 4,858 Airbus A320 family aircraft have been delivered, of which 4,765 are in service. In addition, another 3,255 airliners are on firm order.

Philippine Airlines, Inc. (abbreviated PAL), also known historically as Philippine Air Lines, is the national airline of the Philippines. It is the first commercial airline in Asia and the oldest of those currently in operation, with a long and distinguished history spanning over sixty years.

Philippine Airlines is the first and only airline in the Philippines to be accredited with the IOSA (IATA Operational Safety Audit) by the International Air Transport Association and has been awarded a 3-star rating by Skytrax.

AircraftPhotoTotalOrdersOptionsPassengersRoutesNotesCYTotalAirbus A319-100150px-Pal_hkg.jpg4008126134Short haul

Asia, DomesticAll fitted with new interior

Mabuhay class has IFE with AVOD

Leased from GECASAirbus A320-200150px-Philippine_Airlines_Airbus_A320_Simon.jpg130412

156Short haul

Asia, Guam, DomesticNewer aircraft have been fitted with new interior and Mabuhay Class with IFE/AVOD.

Seven leased from GECASAirbus A330-300150px-Philippine_Airlines_Airbus_A330-200_MEL_Zhao.jpg80042260302Short- to medium-haul international and domestic

Asia, HawaiiAirbus A340-300150px-RP-C3434-2008-09-13-YVR.jpg40044220264Short- to long-haul international and domestic

Asia, North America, AustraliaAll aircraft are now scheduled to complete refitted cabins with new long-haul product.[54]Boeing 747-400150px-Philippine_Airlines_Boeing_747-400_Hutchinson.jpg50042

391Short- to long-haul international and domestic

Asia, North AmericaAll aircraft are fitted with new long-haul product.

Six business class seats removed from RP-C8168.Boeing 777-300ER150px-Philippine_Airlines_Boeing_777-300ER_MEL_Zhao.jpg24042328370Short- to long-haul international and domestic

Asia, North AmericaFitted with new long-haul product.

Two aircraft to be delivered this year, with deliveries complete by 2013.Total3644

[edit] Future fleet

'PAU' both wife and daughter in the U.S. 08/25/2009

Daughter's' CRBA Manila Embassy 08/07/2008 dual citizenship

http://crbausembassy....wordpress.com/

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

See if Zest Air is an option. They also have some low fairs.

I flew out of Tacloban City and as far as airport security it sucked. The only thing separating screened and unscreened passengers was a bench. Screened passengers were stepping over the bench to talk to people in line to be screened and then just stepping back over the bench with out re-screening. About 1/2 the passengers set off the metal detector which might get you a second look but most of the time the guard would just wave them on.

I flew out of Tacloban City and as far as airport security it sucked. The only thing separating screened and unscreened passengers was a bench. Screened passengers were stepping over the bench to talk to people in line to be screened and then just stepping back over the bench with out re-screening. About 1/2 the passengers set off the metal detector which might get you a second look but most of the time the guard would just wave them on.

My wife is from Biliran, I've flown in-out many times from Tacloban, very laid back security! Did you like the CR 'bathrooms'?

The planes are safer than the ferries, which are safer than the taxis, which are safer than walking on the streets of Manila. All of the planes I've been on there have been relatively decent. I've been on commuter plans in the good old USA that have left me feeling more worried than any I took in the Philippines. Its not out of any preference for an airline, but I've always flew Cebu Pacific while inside the Philippines. They just seemed to have the best flight option and price for me.

K1 from the Philippines
Arrival : 2011-09-08
Married : 2011-10-15
AOS
Date Card Received : 2012-07-13
EAD
Date Card Received : 2012-02-04

Sent ROC : 4-1-2014
Noa1 : 4-2-2014
Bio Complete : 4-18-2014
Approved : 6-24-2014

N-400 sent 2-13-2016
Bio Complete 3-14-2016
Interview
Oath Taking

palplane.jpg

They fly the same planes as we do in the US like Airbus A320 family and As of October 2011, a total of 4,858 Airbus A320 family aircraft have been delivered, of which 4,765 are in service. In addition, another 3,255 airliners are on firm order.

Thanks, Scott. I spoke with a PAL representative a few hours ago. PAL no longer flies between Cebu and CDO, but Air Philippines does. I wonder if I could trust Air Philippines Express.

Edited by Calypso
17276-hobbes55_large.jpg

Right now Zest Air doesn't fly between Cebu and CDO. sad.gif

The planes are safer than the ferries, which are safer than the taxis, which are safer than walking on the streets of Manila. All of the planes I've been on there have been relatively decent. I've been on commuter plans in the good old USA that have left me feeling more worried than any I took in the Philippines. Its not out of any preference for an airline, but I've always flew Cebu Pacific while inside the Philippines. They just seemed to have the best flight option and price for me.

I don't consider the price much. I'm after comfort and safety. I'm flying with my mother, younger sister and six-year-old brother. I want those two youngsters to have a great experience on their first plane ride ever. happy.gif

17276-hobbes55_large.jpg

Thanks, Scott. I spoke with a PAL representative a few hours ago. PAL no longer flies between Cebu and CDO, but Air Philippines does. I wonder if I could trust Air Philippines Express.

I have flown Cebu Pacific many times good airlines, the plane I was on the last time was the Airbus 319-100 and it looked very new.

Current

As of December 2010, the Cebu Pacific fleet consists of the following aircraft with an average age of 3.2 years:[27]

Cebu Pacific fleet

Aircraft

In Service

Orders

Options

Passengers

Routes

Entry into service

Airbus A319-100

Domestic and International

Airbus A320-200

Airbus A321neo

[28]

Airbus A330-300

International

2013[24][29]

ATR 72-500

Domestic

Total

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Cebu Pacific is good tooo!

July 05 2011- form I-129f sent by mail

July 12 2001- NOA1

July 14 2011- Touched

November 29, 2011 - NOA2

January 13, 2011 - Eligibility Letter Received

April 16 2012-Medical appointment-PASSED!

April 27 2012- Interview-PASSED!

all domestic flights are safe in the philippines. hasnt heard any news for years that a plane crashed or whatsoever. they are even better than the plane i ride from minneapolis to fort dodge. i believe air philippines is also owned by phil airlines.

Based on my experience with this 3 airlines, they are all cheap specially if you will book month/s ahead of your flight or there are promotional flights.

their planes are new too so dont worry. plus very accomodating, beautiful/handsome crews that greets you with a smile and of course english speaking so you can communicate well with what your needs.

air philippines - easily cancel flights when the weather is bad. some of my friends doesnt like to fly here coz they sometimes cancel or resume flights without informing passengers. so passengers should always be attentive to their flights.

cebu pacific- i like flying cebu pac specially when there are promos that fares are just PISO. 1 peso!!! they have games too onboard so passengers are entertained.

zestair - small planes. im not updated if they have bigger ones now but thinking its small makes me feel creepy im just paranoid .. hehe. but its also neat, cheap and safe.

you can visit their websites so you can further analyze which you think is safe.

all airlines are professionals and following worlds standards so dont worry.

have a safe flight. :)

zestair - small planes. im not updated if they have bigger ones now but thinking its small makes me feel creepy im just paranoid .. hehe. but its also neat, cheap and safe.

Zest Airways.

If you do a search, check out what they retired in 2008 one was the DC-9 looks like they replaced all the old stuff with Airbus and a few turboprops.

the Douglas DC-9) is a twin-engine, single-aisle jet airliner was first manufactured in 1965 with its maiden flight later that year. The final DC-9 was delivered in October 1982.:blink:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Im from cagayan de oro.. we fly with cebu pacific usually... and yes it's very safe... do not worry too much of the past events coz that is past.. Im pretty sure that they took it as a lesson so0o as of now they are consistent with safety (oopppss except for it's punctuality hehehe..)

Febuary 13 - Sent I-129f

Febuary 17 - NOA1

March 15 - RFE

March 16 - Replied RFE

March 21 - NOA2

March 26 - NVC received

March 26 - Got MNL case #

March 26 - Received NOA2 hard copy

March 26 - Paid BPI $350

April 17 - Medical( St. Lukes)

April 24 - Interview (Administrative Review 221g

May 15 - received text from to go that visa is ready for pick up!! (OMG! finally!!)

THANK YOU LORD FOR ALL THE BLESSINGS...

Timeline

I forget if it was Cebu or Zest, but they even had a little triva contest and scavenger hunt for prizes in flight that was kinda fun. I think the prize was a T-shirt or hat with the airline name on it.

Timeline

My wife is from Biliran, I've flown in-out many times from Tacloban, very laid back security! Did you like the CR 'bathrooms'?

Most of the time I was able to control and time things so that I did not have to use public CR.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.