Axiata

K1 Visa Processing in Singapore

20 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Singapore
Timeline

Hi.. I thought u got yr noa2 in mar? And u still have not receive the package from them? Omg.. Is taking so long.. I think mine will be longer then. Anyway, i will be going over to wait instead.. Probably stay for 3mths then come back for the interview ( hopefully by then is ready.)

One thing to note is that when i filled up the g325a form that was submitted together with i129f, i did not indicate that i have live in australia for 4yrs. So i was wondering if now i indicate i have , wouldn't it raise any issue?

Is so much hassle to get the coc from them.

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

Hi.. I thought u got yr noa2 in mar? And u still have not receive the package from them? Omg.. Is taking so long.. I think mine will be longer then. Anyway, i will be going over to wait instead.. Probably stay for 3mths then come back for the interview ( hopefully by then is ready.)

One thing to note is that when i filled up the g325a form that was submitted together with i129f, i did not indicate that i have live in australia for 4yrs. So i was wondering if now i indicate i have , wouldn't it raise any issue?

Is so much hassle to get the coc from them.

Yes, we received our NOA2 in March. I was just suggesting that you probably should wait until you have received your NOA2 before applying for the police check from Australia.

I think the g325a form asks to list the places you've lived for 6 months or more in the past 5/10 years (don't remember which). The form the embassy would send you would ask you to list the places you've lived in for 6 months or more since you were 16. So, it shouldn't raise issues if you were in Australia more than 10 years ago, which I assume is why you didn't state so in your g325a :)

Timeline

Yes, we received our NOA2 in March. I was just suggesting that you probably should wait until you have received your NOA2 before applying for the police check from Australia.

I think the g325a form asks to list the places you've lived for 6 months or more in the past 5/10 years (don't remember which). The form the embassy would send you would ask you to list the places you've lived in for 6 months or more since you were 16. So, it shouldn't raise issues if you were in Australia more than 10 years ago, which I assume is why you didn't state so in your g325a :)

Hi..thanks..u r right..the g325a form ask for last 5 yrs.

It has been more than 10yrs since I was staying in Australia. Think I will get the police clearance done ASAP for Australia since it will take 3-4 wks to process.

Have u got an interview date with the embassy yet?

You will need to get a police certificate with fingerprint check. Well... You're going to have to list your education history in the form you return to the embassy so I think they will know >.> And no, I haven't received my interview date because I haven't returned the checklist. But I plan to return it by midweek so since noone has answered, I guess I'll see how long it takes :)

Hope you get approved soon :) ours would've taken only 5 months if we replied the RFE as soon as we received it.

Singapore doesn't have the heavy volume like China does (at least 250 interviews per day), I would say in 30 days, once the P3 is sent back, basically the P4 will be sent out with the Medical paperwork, the sooner you get these documents completed the better you are and sooner your interview will come up, I would guess-imate about 60 days. Don't hold me to this timming exactly, as I haven't had to deal with the Singapore Embassy yet. I had dealt with Guangzhou and it took 7 days short of 1 year for a K1 Visa to be issued.

Edited by Chris&Angel

Met onilne 17 Jan 2012, via skype & yahoo IM

Married 4 Dec 2013

I-130 Filed 1/24/2014

I-130 NOA1 2/7/2014

I-130 NOA2 7/11/2014 Approved

I-130 Package Sent to NVC 7/31/2014

I-130 Package Received at NVC 8/4/2014

Case Uploaded 8/13/2014

Received Case # and Invoice # 8/15/2014

DS-261 Completed 8/27/2014

AOS Fee Paid and Cleared Bank 8/29/2014

AOS Package sent to NVC 8/30/2014

AOS Package Received at NVC 9/2/2014

IV Fee Email Received 9/27/2014

IV Fee Bill Payment Made 9/27/2014

COC for Malayisa Applied Online 9/27/2014

COC for Singapore Applied for at Local Office 9/29/2014, pick-up date 13 Oct 20

DS-260 Completed 10/2/2014

IV Fee's Mark as Paid by NVC 9/30/2014

IV Packet Sent to NVC on 16 Oct 2014

IV Packet Received at NVC 17 Oct 2014

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.