J y Mariana

864 and interview for stepson? (or covered under Wifes)

2 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Venezuela
Timeline

We are finally at the NVC stage, and we are preparing to send in the 864. 3032, etc. For my stepson (who is 7), his mother (my wife) can fill out the 3032 on his behalf correct? Im assuming I do NOT need a separate 864 for him, and he will be covered via Part 3-9? I did the I-130 for them at the same time (bundled case). Come interview time, will he be required to have a separate interview?

Last question, anyone know if its possible to defer IV payment until the interview? Im guessing no, but its very confusing as Ive seen indication that the Venezuelan embassy accepts payments.

Edited by J y Mariana

08-27-2011 - I-130 package received by the Chicago Lockbox

08-30-2011 - Received electronic NOA

02-24-2012 - NOA2

03-06-2012 - Received first notification of NOA2 (in mail, website not updated and no txt/email)

We are finally at the NVC stage, and we are preparing to send in the 864. 3032, etc. For my stepson (who is 7), his mother (my wife) can fill out the 3032 on his behalf correct? Im assuming I do NOT need a separate 864 for him, and he will be covered via Part 3-9? I did the I-130 for them at the same time (bundled case). Come interview time, will he be required to have a separate interview?

Last question, anyone know if its possible to defer IV payment until the interview? Im guessing no, but its very confusing as Ive seen indication that the Venezuelan embassy accepts payments.

you need a I-864 form for him too , and he will have the interview with his mother (togueter).

USCIS

09-13-11: mailed I-130

09-15-11: got Noa1 by e-mail, priority date 09-14-11

09-19-11: touched

09-23-11: got I-797c hard copy of Noa1

03-14-12: Noa 2 (Approved)

03-19-12: hard copy noa2 received

NVC

04-09-12: NVC case number, IIN and BIN

04-10-12: DS-3032 sent by email to NVC

04-24-12: DS-3032 accepted

05-14-12: paid AOS and IV fees

06-13-12: Sent both packets (AOS and DS-230)

06-27-12: received checklist for AOS

06-29-12: DS-230 accepted

07-02-12: sent to NVC checklist response

07-12-12: Case complete

07-13-12: Date INTERVIEW Assigned

07-25-12: Medical

08-23-12: Interview result?

08-23-12: Visa Approved

09-18-12: Dream come true (living in the United State)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.