rumy

AP waiting for Bangladesh

11 posts in this topic

HI,

is there anybody waiting on AP for more than 6 months on Bangladesh??

I have been under AP for almost 6 months now...i would like to know if anybody is waiting under AP for that long for US citizen spouse visa?

Please let me know if anybody is on pain like me...

My heart goes out to you. But I am sure you aren't the first one to get stuck for more than 6 months. Can you say more how the interview ended before he was put on AP? That may give some idea. Also what have you done so far while he is on AP. this will gelo others to send their view.

However don't give up hopes because regardless how long it takes this will end for sure. May take an exam on our patience but this will be over soon. Tomorrow or the day after.

I emailed them after 3 months of my interview and then each month once..they are saying required additional processing is pending..then i started calling DOS since last month they r saying administrative processing pending,,,

i dont know what to do..

his interview went fine and gave him a blue slip 221g and told to wait until they finish their some additional work and when they will finish they will contact him soon...

is there anybody waiting under AP more than 6 months for us citizen spouse? bcz i dont see anybody except me...

is there anything wrong with processing? they didnt even look for no missing document or nothing...

i dont know what to do??? just cant tolerate it no more!!

now i feel like to go back to BD and meet dhaka embassy counselor officer,,i dont know if it would help some people say yes and some say no....

nothing coming out on my head...

I emailed them after 3 months of my interview and then each month once..they are saying required additional processing is pending..then i started calling DOS since last month they r saying administrative processing pending,,,

i dont know what to do..

his interview went fine and gave him a blue slip 221g and told to wait until they finish their some additional work and when they will finish they will contact him soon...

is there anybody waiting under AP more than 6 months for us citizen spouse? bcz i dont see anybody except me...

is there anything wrong with processing? they didnt even look for no missing document or nothing...

i dont know what to do??? just cant tolerate it no more!!

now i feel like to go back to BD and meet dhaka embassy counselor officer,,i dont know if it would help some people say yes and some say no....

nothing coming out on my head...

Just because no one in VJ has waited that long, it doesn't mean no body waited or waiting like you for more than six months. I am sure there are more people out there waiting longer than you. I am sure it would be relieving someway to visit you spouse, but I don't think it will expedite the process. Have you contacted your congressmen or senators?

Best wihses for you.

Few things I could suggest (and purely my opinion):

1. Start calling on a weekly basis for updates. When you talk to someone make sure you keep their name or any othe info they give you for reference

2. You can contact your local senators and start an inquiry (that's the extent of it, neither you or the senators can twist their arms)

3. Just wait.

Regarding your visit the embassy, people who got positive result will say go and those who ould not resolve anything will say otherwise. That's very natural. However this is the last place where you should get frustrated (what else. An I say?). Just don't give up your hopes. Good luck

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Bangladesh
Timeline

Hellraiser: as usual great suggestions!

Rumy: As hellraiser suggested you should those...as for going to the embassy I will share my experience where the result was zero! After my fiance's interview the CO told him at the end that his AP will take 3-4 weeks. (Which of course is NOT true cuz it has been 4 months) so accordingly I went to visit him in BD because I was off from work and was hoping to bring him back with me. So during my trip I went to visit the embassy to inquire and I was basically told that there is nothing much they can do as this process must take place. They said they try to complete the process within a few weeks but some times it takes 1-2 months due to high work load, sometimes more, sometimes less. So basically it was a vague answer with NO time given. the CO also told us they dont need any more papers from us and will contact my fiance when AP is over.

After I hit the 3 months mark I contacted my local congressman and I shared my experience in the post from "Meandyou" after your comment, so you can read that post to know about my experience. My congressman was very prompt. I call DOS every week! and email the embassy every once in a while. Basically the results are all the same.....Hope my experience will help u cope better. We are all on the same boat. InshAllah our time will come soon and we will all be out of AP.

curious to know, what State are you from?

tnx all....

i m from philadelphia..i will just email the embassy..i heard somebody just came last month after waiting 2 yr under AP...is not it crazy?? i dont know what to do....bad luck on it...but still praying and hoping,,lets see what happen...i cant go back until may bcz of skool!!

anyway tnx everybody for sharing ur experiences...

yes....this is not something made up story..one of bengali here i met after a while and said that..he is from chittagong, bangladesh...i cant just think about it..yes interview was in dhaka embassy...

No need to panic. I am sure there is a plausible reason behind tha kind of delay. If you haven't heat the 5 months mark you should consider this to be an acceptable range. Big you are getting before that, smile and spread the news with all. If you are over 4-5 months mark, get ready as you need to make little more noise (unfortunately that's the max you can do anyway). I keep saying this like a broken record, keep your hopes high as frustration or anxiety is not going to add any value. And please do not spread news unless you are absolutely sure and know facts on an accident. Bi am sure no one knows how scary or upsetting this type of news can be.

Just do what you can and leave the rest on your luck. Even though some may say you make your destiny but this is beyond your control and cannot influence much on the output when it is stuck in the middle of nowhere.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.