NinoniAndBoosBoos

White Cheddar Mac & Cheese

70 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

PIllsbury pizza pops..Oh how i miss you..and i agree on the rest of the items. So far the only good halfway decent sharp ( i had to get used to that word!) cheese i've found is from Dutch Farms. Its halfway decent has some bite in it. but i do miss the Extra old bricks i used to get up north. I also miss No Name products that i used to get at loblaws etc. and bulk items..why oh why can i not find any down here? Like bulk chicken boullion. or roast beef gravy, the best ever i found was at Super C in Quebec.

And the walmart candy aisles ...they had like 3 or 4 with alot of plastic round bins for gummi bears etc..their brand and they were like 2-3$ a bucket. Nope just these little tiny bags that are a ripoff in price here.

I can't wait to go visit my uncle at some point and buy the stuff i miss..

HWDWm6.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Good thread! I'm now making my pre-packing shopping list... 1 case of KD, half dozen bottles of Cheez Whiz, and 1 case of all-dressed chips. We may have to leave some clothes behind if there's not enough room in the U-Haul! ;-)

Don't forget your Smarties tooo, just want to wish you all the best with your upcoming K1 Interview.

event.png

Patience and perseverance have a magical effect before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish

Thanks!! A month away still seems like a long time, but when I realize I clicked that stupid scheduling web site for almost that long to get the appointment, I know it's going to fly by.

...and in the meantime, I can be stockpiling Smarties and KD. :)

The K-1 Visa journey for myself and my two K-2 children:

K-1: NOA1 2011-8-10; NOA2 2012-1-12; Interview 2012-4-24; Visa issued 2012-9-17; POE (Sarnia) 2012-9-26; Wedding! 2012-10-02
AOS: NOA1 2012-11-20; Biometrics 2012-12-14; AP/EAD approved 2013-1-11; Interview 2013-1-31; 2-yr Green cards in hand 2013-2-9 (101 days total)

ROC: NOA1 11-7-14; Biometrics 12-1-14; 10-yr Green cards ordered 4-13-15! (157 days total)

Counting down to naturalization time!

Timeline

the only things I really miss are things they don't sell down here...like, Alphagetti, pizza pops, all-dressed chips, white freezies that taste like Cream Soda, coffee crisps..

Yes to all of that! I almost forgot about alphagettis...

Man you guys sure know how to make a pregnant lady hungry :hehe:

Timeline

Yes to all of that! I almost forgot about alphagettis...

O.o!!! YOU ARE??? !!! Congratulations!!!! Sooo happy for you!!

HWDWm6.png

YAY! Congrats!!! :D

formerly sherrybaby

ROC Process

12-13-2013 * 90 day window to apply opens

02-24-2014 * ROC package sent to USCIS Vermont Service Center

02-25-2014 * ROC package received at USCIS Vermont Service Center

02-26-2014 * NOA1 notice date

02-28-2014 * Cheque cashed

03-05-2014 * Biometrics notice date

03-28-2014 * Biometrics Appointment in Baltimore

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Oh Kraft M&C is just perfectly fine here. I love making mine with chopped up raw Habanero peppers in it. Actually thinking of that, maybe that's what I'll have for dinner tonight. And I can't remember what we used as kids, but maybe we did use forks up in Canada, I have always used a spoon here because you can get all the cheese better.

Now one thing I've noticed is that people always have weird things they add to their Mac and Cheese. I knew a lot of people up in Canada that would put ketchup with theirs. GROSS!!!!. I knew another guy that would mix it with sauerkraut (which doesn't sound all the bad actually). Others used bacon bits and so on and I just use my Habeneros.

And are they insane for charging $15 shipping for a box of Canada version Mac and Cheese off that Canadian Favorites site? I was tempted to see if there really was a difference between the two, eventhough they rip you off with $2.98 a box (compared to $1) here, they have to add a overpriced shipping charge on top of it? Looks like my taste test won't be happening. But I am curious as I don't recall how Canada's version tasted as it's been too long...

I'm just a wanderer in the desert winds...

Timeline

Oct - Job offer in US

Nov - Received my TN-1 to be authorized to work in the US

Nov - Moved to US

1998-2001

Recieved 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th TN

May - Met future wife at arts fest

Nov - Recieved 6th TN

Nov - Recieved 7th TN

Jul - Our Wedding

Aug - Filed for AOS

Sep - Recieved EAD

Sep - Recieved Advanced Parole

Jan - Interview, accepted for Green Card

Feb - Green Card Arrived in mail

Oct - I-751 sent off

Jan - 10 year Green Card accepted

Mar - 10 year Green Card arrived

Oct - Filed N-400 for Naturalization

Nov - Biometrics done

Nov - Just recieved Naturalization Interview date for Jan.

Jan - Naturalization Interview Completed

Feb - Oath Letter recieved

Feb - Oath Ceremony

Feb 21 - Finally a US CITIZEN (yay)

THE END

I put ketchup on my KD!

formerly sherrybaby

ROC Process

12-13-2013 * 90 day window to apply opens

02-24-2014 * ROC package sent to USCIS Vermont Service Center

02-25-2014 * ROC package received at USCIS Vermont Service Center

02-26-2014 * NOA1 notice date

02-28-2014 * Cheque cashed

03-05-2014 * Biometrics notice date

03-28-2014 * Biometrics Appointment in Baltimore

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Mmmm ketchup on KD. Love that. I can't remember the last time I had KD now that I think about it. We don't really buy it anymore and now I'm craving it!

I also use the Hunt's No HFCS ketchup and think it tastes very similar to Canadian Heinz.

Removing Conditions

Sent package to VSC - 8/12/11

NOA1 - 8/16/11

Biometrics - 9/14/11

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

Mmmm ketchup on KD. Love that. I can't remember the last time I had KD now that I think about it. We don't really buy it anymore and now I'm craving it!

I also use the Hunt's No HFCS ketchup and think it tastes very similar to Canadian Heinz.

I never really put ketchup on my KD until I made a friend who was from the UK and she did that, she also taught me to dunk my grilled cheese in ketchup...lol

one thing I do sometimes with KD is after you cook the pasta and add the powder etc.. you throw in a can of diced tomatoes and maybe some cooked chicken breast and sprinkle some grated cheese on top and bake it in the oven for a little bit.. it is quite tasty..

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.