Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  

Copies brought to interview...

3 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: United Kingdom

Do the copies you bring to the interview need to be notarized?

We notarized the copies of birth certificates, marriage license, etc., for the I129/I130 packets. Just wanted to know if we should notarize the copies my husband brings to his interview as well?

I know it's early to ask, but I'm going to England tomorrow and I want to bring the copes so that I don't have to mail them.


Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Filed: Other Timeline

I believe the Only thing that needs to be notarized is your signature on the affidavit of support.

divorced - April 2010 moved back to Ontario May 2010 and surrendered green card


Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
4.3.6)...What should I bring with me to the interview?

A...You need everything from the checklist, of course, but you also need originals of everything that was originally submitted as a copy, even with the I-129F petition (except the US Citizens passport and the original I-797 approval notice). Original birth certificates, divorce or death decrees, and originals of any documents to support the I-134 fall into this category. The Consulate has the right to ask for the original of any document, so best be prepared.


The only thing that needs to be notarized is the I-134 Affidavit of Support. Since you will have the Original birth certificates, divorce or death decrees, and marriage certificate. Certificate = certified original, no notary needed there, just have copies in addition to give the VO if they ask to keep a copy.

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.



Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
  • Create New...