ahkhan99

IR-5 Administrative Processing tracker?

5 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-5 Country: Bangladesh
Timeline

Hi,

Is there a tracker for administrative processing somewhere? VJ website timeline does not have an option to enter AP times. My parents have been waiting for over 15 weeks now since their interview. No idea how much longer it will take. Anyone in the same situation? It would be nice to know how long it is taking for other folks.

Thanks.

Hi,

Is there a tracker for administrative processing somewhere? VJ website timeline does not have an option to enter AP times. My parents have been waiting for over 15 weeks now since their interview. No idea how much longer it will take. Anyone in the same situation? It would be nice to know how long it is taking for other folks.

Thanks.

I am a us citizen applied for my husband and he is under AP is now 5 months 3 weeks over...so painful and dont know what to do!!!

AhKhan99, unfortunately there isn't a tracker for AP. I guess the only painful way is by going profile to profile, see the time difference between interview result and visa received. Sad part is most of us are too lazy or unsecured to put those details without realizing it can help all in time of need.

Being said that I have seen few husbands getting cleared between 4-5 months, one lately got out in around 2 and some went over 5 and still stuck (like Rumy). Usually IR5 tend to be easier and parents aren't troubles that much. I am sure you have the idea based on the interview assuming it wasn't as grueling. However this is not time for frustration as there is very little you can do just to get some information. Start calling DOS and embassy here, make sure you prepare your questions and be ber specific. See if that helps. If not reach out to your local senators and have them start an inquiry. Not sure I you can do anything further.

Wish could give you some positive answers.

Timeline

AhKhan99, unfortunately there isn't a tracker for AP. I guess the only painful way is by going profile to profile, see the time difference between interview result and visa received. Sad part is most of us are too lazy or unsecured to put those details without realizing it can help all in time of need.

Being said that I have seen few husbands getting cleared between 4-5 months, one lately got out in around 2 and some went over 5 and still stuck (like Rumy). Usually IR5 tend to be easier and parents aren't troubles that much. I am sure you have the idea based on the interview assuming it wasn't as grueling. However this is not time for frustration as there is very little you can do just to get some information. Start calling DOS and embassy here, make sure you prepare your questions and be ber specific. See if that helps. If not reach out to your local senators and have them start an inquiry. Not sure I you can do anything further.

Wish could give you some positive answers.

Hi hellraiser,

Yes, I don't know why it takes so long. Everything is computerized these days and either it is match or it is not. I have already had my congressman's staff look into it. But it is not of much use. They really can't do much. If it is for a security check, no wants to expedite anything, just in case. So other than waiting for it, there isn't much anyone can do. My dad received the AP. But my mom didn't. But since both of are processing together, they haven't called her for the visa yet. I am guessing they want to do it together. I don't know why can't they just issue my mom's and we will just have to wait for my dad's. Also anyone know if a file can be transferred from one consulate to another at this stage? My parents are in Kuwait and would like to move back to Bangladesh soon. Can I make a petition to transfer the case to the Dhaka consulate instead of the Kuwait consulate? Any pro/cons? Also many suggest calling DOC and embassy. What I don't know is what exactly can they give us other than the standard message that the case is still pending? Every time I have called I get the same answer. So I stopped asking.

Thanks for your help.

• 3 months later...
Timeline

Just wanted to let everyone know that my dad's visa finally cleared AP and the visa was issued on 6/30/2012. So almost 7 months. He was able to travel his AP was pending. He did not travel to the US though. My mom's visa was also pending, but not in AP...but along with my dad's. But I had requested they issue it separately and embassy was able to accommodate that. So she actually received it in mid early May 2012.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.