kimfem22

After I-130 is approved.....

7 posts in this topic

Ok. So today the I-130 funds were debited from my account, so the process is - a- movin' i suppose. I plan on filing the K-3 visa as soon as we get a reciept number. He is stuck in the UK until he gets approval to come over.

My question is...IF the i-130 is approved, can he come over on that? or do we have to wait for the K-3 approval?

Thanks in advance for all of your help!!! :help::innocent:

p.s. you can read a bit about our story in my profile:) Pictures will be posted soon.

post-26972-1160157013_thumb.jpg

post-26972-1160157044_thumb.jpg

Filed: Timeline

kimfem,

Applying for a K3 visa is an available option, not a necessity.

A petition is not a visa, it is only permission to apply for a visa. One cannot "come over" on an approved petition.

Yodrak

Ok. So today the I-130 funds were debited from my account, so the process is - a- movin' i suppose. I plan on filing the K-3 visa as soon as we get a reciept number. He is stuck in the UK until he gets approval to come over.

My question is...IF the i-130 is approved, can he come over on that? or do we have to wait for the K-3 approval?

Edited by Yodrak

kimfem,

A petition is not a visa, it is only permission to apply for a visa. One cannot "come over" on an approved petition.

Yodrak

Can he come to the U.S. and apply for a visa here? I am just trying to weigh my options.

p.s. you can read a bit about our story in my profile:) Pictures will be posted soon.

Hello,

He can get to the US on the Immigrant visa as his I-130 is approved and he will get the Immigrant visa at the US embassy in UK. There is no need to get the K-3 visa now. The advantage you hold here is that he does not have to to file for the AOS in the US now.

kimfem,

He can visit, if the CBP will grant him entry. He cannot take up residence until he has a visa that allows him to do so.

Where he is physically when he submits the visa application materials is not an issue, but if he's here and the visa application materials are sent there he'll need to have prepared a way to deal with that. And he'll have to be there at visa interview time.

Yodrak

kimfem,

Yodrak

Can he come to the U.S. and apply for a visa here? I am just trying to weigh my options.

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

hi Kim,

Just so you are prepared, and don't go completely insane, you should have a realistic vision of this process.

Your I-130 has not been approved, it has been received. Expect up to 6 months for "NOA2", or your approval.

When the I-130 is approved, it is sent to the NVC. Expect another 2-3 months there.

THEN it goes in the queue for an interview appointment. Timeline for that varies, but this is not a short process you're in.

When you get the NOA1 for the I-130, you can use it to send in an I-129f. When *that*is approved, it gets to the Consulate more quickly than the I-130--within weeks.

THEN he can *apply* for the K-3 visa.

Either of these processes can take several months.

Now That You Are A Permanent Resident

How Do I Remove The Conditions On Permanent Residence Based On Marriage?

Welcome to the United States: A Guide For New Immigrants

Yes, even this last one.. stuff in there that not even your USC knows.....

Here are more links that I love:

Arriving in America, The POE Drill

Dual Citizenship FAQ

Other Fora I Post To:

alt.visa.us.marriage-based http://britishexpats.com/ and www.***removed***.com

censored link = *family based immigration* website

Inertia. Is that the Greek god of 'can't be bothered'?

Met, married, immigrated, naturalized.

I-130 filed Aug02

USC Jul06

No Deje Piedras Sobre El Pavimento!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

meauxna gave you the straight facts, and you can compare your timeline to other US-UK couples. The hardest part is devising a plan to keep you both sane during the time it takes get him here. It could be roughly 6 months to a year, and that's a long time to be playing darts and downing pints.

Aside from staying in constant touch by phone/email/letters, you each need to know you're pushing the rock up the hill everyday, whether it's working and saving, filling out forms, researching the visa process, setting up a home in the U.S., going to school, or something! This is the time to call in all your resources, because you're each going to need good friends and family to get you through the wait.

You're at a crossroads with a choice. You can either wring your hands and bemoan your celibate fate for the next 6 months. Or you can use the time constructively, knowing that once you get through this initial trial, your marriage will be rock steady. Hang in there. We're all on your side!

I-130 sent Mar 30, 06

approved Aug 15, 06

I-129f sent April 24, 06

approved July 27, 06

Montreal interview Jan 18, 07

POE Toronto Jan 28, 07

EAD sent Jan. 30, 07

transferred to Vermont Feb 12

biometrics Feb 22

approved March 13

card returned undeliverable! March 27

called after 6 weeks to have EAD re-sent

AOS sent Jan. 30, 07

biometrics Feb 22

RFE for complete medical (!) Feb 23

Called Senator from NJ - never returned call

Infopass March 19 (no help)

Replied to RFE with duplicate medical March 19

Sent additional evidence (I-693A) March 26

NBC received supplement March 30

touched April 4

Interview July 16

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.