Roger and Angela

Brining Wavier to Interview

6 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

I have read some places that we can download and fill in the forms and have a hardship letter written so to bring both to the interview. If in fact we are denied can we then submit the wavier to the consolur officer at the time of denial? Will this save months of waiting for processing?

Yes you can file the day of your interview. You need a letter from the USC and they also require one from the UKC. The day my fiance went they reviewed all his paperwork. Told him he needed to file a waiver. When he told them he had the waiver ready to file that day they ask him to have a seat and wait. After a couple of hours a male officer went through all the paperwork to make sure it was all ready to be filed. Oh You also need to file the fee.

It doesn't make it any faster. It usually takes it 2 to 4 weeks to be put on the London waiver list and the time doesn't start until your on the list. You will get a post card in the mail telling you what date you were put in the system. It took them 4 weeks to put us on the list and we will be starting our 19 week of waiting. Still haven't got an answer. Right now there are 41 cases that are either pending or under review and last month they only completed 4. Unfortunatly London has slowed waaaaaaaaaaay down.

Good luck,

Baileyj96

SHA ZAM!!! I-601 WAIVER APPROVED......10/13/06

11/18/06 Arrived

12/21/06 Filed for Social Security number

12/22/06 Married

01/03/2007 Social Security number arrived

01/10/07 Filed AOS

01/19/07 NOA1

02/05/07 Biometrics

2/6/07 Touch on EAD

02/07 Received RFE and returned information within 2 days

2/24/07 Transferred to California

2/26/07 Received letter (Transfer to California)

3/1/07 AOS email confirmation that case was received in California

3/2/07 AOS Touched again today but no update.

3/5/07 AOS another touch but no update.

4/5/07 EAD Touched again

4/9/07 EAD Touched.

4/10/07 EAD card ordered.

Removal of Conditions

6/8/2009 Sent I-751.

6/12/2009 Check Cashed

6/15/2009 NOA1 Received

6/25/2009 Received biometrics letter

7/13/2009 Biometrics appointment at Indianapolis Indiana

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
Yes you can file the day of your interview. You need a letter from the USC and they also require one from the UKC. The day my fiance went they reviewed all his paperwork. Told him he needed to file a waiver. When he told them he had the waiver ready to file that day they ask him to have a seat and wait. After a couple of hours a male officer went through all the paperwork to make sure it was all ready to be filed. Oh You also need to file the fee.

It doesn't make it any faster. It usually takes it 2 to 4 weeks to be put on the London waiver list and the time doesn't start until your on the list. You will get a post card in the mail telling you what date you were put in the system. It took them 4 weeks to put us on the list and we will be starting our 19 week of waiting. Still haven't got an answer. Right now there are 41 cases that are either pending or under review and last month they only completed 4. Unfortunatly London has slowed waaaaaaaaaaay down.

Good luck,

Baileyj96

Bailey

How did he pay? Was he able to use a credit card or? My fiancee and i know she will need to file the waiver because of a previous overstay and have all the paperwork ready to go for her interview friday. The only questions we have is how does she pay for it there that day?

By the way i saw you moved up to completed. Holding our breath and wishing the best for you and yours!!!!!

June 05 Lisa and I fall in love

15 Mar 06 I-129F received at CSC NOA1

5 Aug 06 NOA2 after 143 days in CSC purgatory

20 Oct 06 Interview Date

16 Feb 07 Denial Letter received

12 Mar 07 Motion to reconsider submitted

10 Sep 07 Motion to Reconsider denied

9 May 08 Lisa and Married in United Kingdom

23 May 08 I-130 filed

Oct 08 NOA-2 received

May 7 09 Lisa's Interview I 601 filed

29 Jul 09 I-601 waiver approved

18 Aug 09 Passport to London Embassy

20 Aug 09 Tickets purchased for 10 Sep 09

WE HAVE FINALLY WON, OUR LONG AND HARD JOURNEY IS COMPLETE!!!!!!

Hello again,

Yes a credit card can be used. I had to ask the same question because it states somewhere you have to use a money order drawn on us funds...........blah blah blah but a credit card is just fine.

Thanks for the good wishes. I hope your wait goes by quickly for you. I told myself a millions times that I would be fine with the wait since we knew about it before hand. ha ha It does get to you especially towards the end. :yes: Oh and no matter what don't obsess with that waiver list. It will drive you mad. :yes:

Good luck and best wishes for a positive outcome

Baileyj

11/18/06 Arrived

12/22/06 Married

01/10/07 Filed AOS

01/19/07 NOA1

02/05/07 Biometrics

2/6/07 Touch on EAD

4/5/07 EAD Touched again

4/9/07 EAD Touched.

Removal of Conditions

6/8/2009 Sent I-751.

6/12/2009 Check Cashed

6/15/2009 NOA1 Received

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Bailey

thanks for the response, I just passed that info on the credit card to my fiancee.

Also we were wondering (if you dont mind saying) why did your fiancee need a waiver and do you have any idea why it took almost 5 months for you to get your answer back?

We are just curious if you had any circumstances that might have caused the lengthy delay for your waiver.

We have been going thru the visa process since february and the wait is driving us crazy, so just looking for any information that might help us get a grasp on how long we are looking at. Now having said that, i understand no one can really tell how long all these things take. Just looking for any info that might help.

Thanks and good luck from Lisa and Doug

June 05 Lisa and I fall in love

15 Mar 06 I-129F received at CSC NOA1

5 Aug 06 NOA2 after 143 days in CSC purgatory

20 Oct 06 Interview Date

16 Feb 07 Denial Letter received

12 Mar 07 Motion to reconsider submitted

10 Sep 07 Motion to Reconsider denied

9 May 08 Lisa and Married in United Kingdom

23 May 08 I-130 filed

Oct 08 NOA-2 received

May 7 09 Lisa's Interview I 601 filed

29 Jul 09 I-601 waiver approved

18 Aug 09 Passport to London Embassy

20 Aug 09 Tickets purchased for 10 Sep 09

WE HAVE FINALLY WON, OUR LONG AND HARD JOURNEY IS COMPLETE!!!!!!

Hope you don't mind. sent you a pm.

Baileyj

11/18/06 Arrived

12/22/06 Married

01/10/07 Filed AOS

01/19/07 NOA1

02/05/07 Biometrics

2/6/07 Touch on EAD

4/5/07 EAD Touched again

4/9/07 EAD Touched.

Removal of Conditions

6/8/2009 Sent I-751.

6/12/2009 Check Cashed

6/15/2009 NOA1 Received

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.