Darren526

Visa rejected due to 221g

3 posts in this topic

Hi All,

My visa was rejected due to section 221g. The US consulate in Sydney, Australia require a 2011 Federal Return from my Petitioning Relative. I have since emailed my Petitioning Relative 2011 Federal Tax Return to the US Consulate in Sydney.

What is the usual waiting time for a visa to be therefore granted once the consulate has the required documents. Are they likely to email us that we have been approved or do we just have to wait and hope my passport will be returned with a visa in it. I have the tracking number.

Any information greatly appreciated

regards

Darren

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline

Your visa application is on hold due to missing doc, and can't be said as " rejected ".

Once you provide the doc, then they should review asap. Lets say it may take 7-10 days ( if everything is normal in Australia Consulate ). You can call to DOS to check the status, because alot of times, you may not receive their emails.

XrVRp5.png

• 2 weeks later...

Hi;

Still waiting on Visa. Had interview 2 weeks ago and was given a 221g Refusal. Consulate required a 2011 US Federal Return which we submitted. Now 2 weeks after interview they want further proof that we submitted the US Federal Return. I have forward the email from the IRS saying we have lodged the Federal Return.

I don't know what other people feel towards the US Consulate in Sydney but for us it has been a struggle. We wanted to be over all of this and get our 4 month daughter settled in the US with family. I don't think we will be moving over to the US for many more weeks. The US Consulate now has all the documents they require but still no more progress towards being granted a US Visa. Our daughter has no grandparents here in Australia{my mother died 4 years ago and my father died 5 months before our daughter was born) but has grandparents in the USA which have not seen our daughter. That's the main reason we want to get over to the USA asap. Doesn't seem to be happening that way for us.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.