Adnan&Liane

Can someone PLEASE answer my question regarding emailing the embassy abt AP?

8 posts in this topic

Hi everyone,

First I want to thank everyone here on VisaJourney for being so helpful. I just called the DOS and we are still in AP...no updates :( It feels like we are going to be one of the long ones. We are almost at 5 months...it's time to take action! I'm going to contact my senator's staff, but before I do that I want to email the embassy in London.

Does anyone know who to contact to inquire into our case? Email address?

What should I say? Has anyone else emailed the embassy to inquire as to why it's taking so long? What did you say? How should I word it? Is there anything in particular I should include? I'm assuming I should I have all of our info...case number/full name of petitioner & beneficiary /DOB/etc...

Please share your expertise...I could really use some advice!

Thanks in advance!

God delays but doesn't forget.

event.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Hi everyone,

First I want to thank everyone here on VisaJourney for being so helpful. I just called the DOS and we are still in AP...no updates :( It feels like we are going to be one of the long ones. We are almost at 5 months...it's time to take action! I'm going to contact my senator's staff, but before I do that I want to email the embassy in London.

Does anyone know who to contact to inquire into our case? Email address?

What should I say? Has anyone else emailed the embassy to inquire as to why it's taking so long? What did you say? How should I word it? Is there anything in particular I should include? I'm assuming I should I have all of our info...case number/full name of petitioner & beneficiary /DOB/etc...

Please share your expertise...I could really use some advice!

Thanks in advance!

You need to find the email address for your embassy/consulate and use that.

State in subject line RE: Case #

At top of email I always put

Petitioner name and DOB

Beneficiary name and DOB

Case #

Interview DAte

Dear Sir/Madam:

Basically state you had your interview x date and thus far you understand you are in Administrative Processing. Just politely inquire as to where your case stands today and if the Background checks are complete.

Ask any other question you feel you need to but don't overdo it... make it a simple email to read and answer

sign it respectfully and your name etc..

Hang in there... it will be ok.. and you will be finished soon I'm sure!

10/02/2010 Nikah/Marriage in Karachi
USCIS JOURNEY
11/10/2010 -Sent
03/24/2011 i 130 approved!!!
NVC JOURNEY
03/30/2011 NVC received case-04/07/2011 NVC Case Number Assigned
05/03/2011 CASE COMPLETE- In Que for INTERVIEW!!-05/17/2011 Received interview letter and info via email
EMBASSY JOURNEY
05/20/2011 Medical Appt/passed
06/15/2011 Interview result AP
06/21/2011 Submitted requested docs..under review
07/25/2011 CO called did phone interview result: PENDING MANDATORY AP/CO told us they have to do namechecks

03/07/2013 Case returned to USCIS waiting for NOIR/reaffirmation

04/18/2013 USCIS received case for review

08/19/2013 Received NOIR to respond by 9/18/2013

9/9/2013 Responded to NOIR/USCIS received documents awaiting response

9/20/2013 USCIS reaffirmed sent to embassy

1/04/14 Case opened for review

8/31/15 Interview- no questions visa approved on the spot

9/8/15 visa status issued

9/10/15 visa received

9/19/15 POE Charlotte

p9WGm4.png

Thank you so much EAbbas! You are so very helpful to everyone in need! You deserve to be done w/this horrible AP more than anyone! Thank you again! I'll be praying for you and your husband!

event.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Thank you so much EAbbas! You are so very helpful to everyone in need! You deserve to be done w/this horrible AP more than anyone! Thank you again! I'll be praying for you and your husband!

Thank you so much dear... those of us that are dealing with this black abyss hurt so badly and while we were just told by the congressman the embassy replied to them saying its in normal procedure which i guess is what we would rather hear its time consuming and it totally drains you emotionally. Thank God we have a good marriage and have made a normal life out of the abnormal... while it continues for you focus on trying to have a normal life with your husband... adil and i cook together, eat together,he reads stories to the baby, he helps the girls with homework and we try to even watch movies online lol altho at times im screaming and he's wondering why then 10 seconds later its his turn lol

Don't focus on the AP itself... just know that its probably just normal procedure and it WILL FINISH!!!!!

10/02/2010 Nikah/Marriage in Karachi
USCIS JOURNEY
11/10/2010 -Sent
03/24/2011 i 130 approved!!!
NVC JOURNEY
03/30/2011 NVC received case-04/07/2011 NVC Case Number Assigned
05/03/2011 CASE COMPLETE- In Que for INTERVIEW!!-05/17/2011 Received interview letter and info via email
EMBASSY JOURNEY
05/20/2011 Medical Appt/passed
06/15/2011 Interview result AP
06/21/2011 Submitted requested docs..under review
07/25/2011 CO called did phone interview result: PENDING MANDATORY AP/CO told us they have to do namechecks

03/07/2013 Case returned to USCIS waiting for NOIR/reaffirmation

04/18/2013 USCIS received case for review

08/19/2013 Received NOIR to respond by 9/18/2013

9/9/2013 Responded to NOIR/USCIS received documents awaiting response

9/20/2013 USCIS reaffirmed sent to embassy

1/04/14 Case opened for review

8/31/15 Interview- no questions visa approved on the spot

9/8/15 visa status issued

9/10/15 visa received

9/19/15 POE Charlotte

p9WGm4.png

Normal procedure is better than abnormal procedure...at least you have your congressman keeping a close watch...I'll be getting mine involved next week I hope. I am trying not to focus on the AP too much...I only call the DOS every once in a while so I don't have to hear what I don't want to hear every week...one day I will finally hear what I'm hoping for... Although this process is the most difficult thing that I (and I'm sure all of us) have ever had to endure...it will make us all better for having gone through it. If you can make it through this your marriage is a rock and you will make it through anything together. It is great that your husband can be so involved w/the family when so far away...the wonders of technology :) Adnan (my husband) records little video clips of himself throughout the day - walking to work, etc. and texts them to me :)

event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hey,

I have a similar situation as you do... my fiancé went for a interview on Sept 2011, and he was placed in AP because they wanted some more (corresponding emails) between me and my fiancé and an update police report.. We sent all this info Nov 2011, and still when I call the DOS and they say that it’s still in AP!!!!!!

I’ve been in contact with the embassy in London thru email almost ever month and also I’ve contacted our congress man...

Before you send an email to the embassy in London you have to get a code from the Embassy call center, and when I email the embassy I just generally include:

Applicants name.......

My name...........

Applicant’s passport #......

Case #......

To whom it may concern...

**Then I type that when we had our interview and when we submitted our documents that the embassy required for this AP process, and then ask how much longer our case process will take... **

I’ve emailed them embassy multi times and their reply is that they are not able to give us a time frame to when the AP will be over and that they will contact us when they need more information or when they are ready to issue us a visa...

I’ve also contacted the congressman for the state of Maryland, I explained our case situation, and in 4 days I received a written letter from the congressmen stating that our case is in AP, and they are not able to give us a time frame...

So pretty much this is a GAME that they are playing with our life... its annoying, cause me and my fiancé day by day are getting in little arguments and I’m just afraid that this AP process might break us apart cause its taking so long...!!

But i pray that it hurry’s up quickly... Inshallah

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.