cal

Just now starting this process....here we go again.

6 posts in this topic

Hubby and I have been married 2 years now and the USCIS is rearing its ugly head again as it comes time to apply to have restrictions removed on my greencard. Geesh its been a nice break till now. I have to file in December, and coincedentally Im pregnant and due....in December....so trying to get stuff done early in preparation.

Anyways, just wanted to say hi again to Visa Journey. Its been a while since I have been on, although it feels like I used to live on this website way back when. So....Hi all!

Chris (Colorado) & Caroline (Australia)

Mar 17 2005 Became Conditional Permanent Resident - St Paddys Day

I-751 Application

Jan 9, 2007: Application for removal of conditions received at NSC.

April 1, 2008: Case transferred to CSC

April 9, 2008: Approved!!!! Card is on its way.

April 15, 2008: Received card in the mail. YAY!!!

N-400 Citizenship Application

Mar 19, 2008: Mailed in N-400 Application

Mar 27, 2008: Check cashed

Mar 31, 2008: Received NOA1. Priority Date March 21, 2008

Apr 4, 2008: Received Biometrics Appointment letter

Apr 16, 2008: Biometrics Appointment

Jun 6, 2008: Received Interview letter

July 14, 2008: Citizenship Interview. Passed. Awaiting oath ceremony date.

hi! Love your name :)

where in Oz are you from?

Hiya

Thanks. Im actually Caroline, but have always been called Cal. Im from Melbourne also...Ivanhoe area. How about you?

I-751 Application

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline

I'm the USC, but my husband is from Geelong.

We are going back over xmas again for his sister's wedding :)

I love Melbourne! (much more than Sydney - the only other place in Oz I've really been...) but don't tell anyone :)

I love the whole Aussie nickname thing. Stew's brother calls me "Cazza" Dunno if that's how you spell it - but everyone down there gets a nick name :)

Finally finished with immigration in 2012!

familyxmas-1-1.jpg

HAHA....very true. Cazza is a classic! And all us Melburnians hate Sydney...be proud of that!! Its been a year since I was there. I really do miss it, and we are planning on moving back before our kids are ready for school in a few years. My husband loves it there too.

I was looking at your pics, had to laugh at you guys at the Boxing Day test match. Your husband has turned you into a real Aussie!!! Thats really cool. My dad dragged my husband to the G just before they teared down the members stand and gave him the big tour.

I-751 Application

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline

HEHE He prides himself on that. That's like...his party trick...if we're out he'll ask me to spout off Aussie knowledge. His fave is having me recite all the states with their capitals!! He gets a kick out of it.

I LOVED the boxing day test. We had such a blast. I still have my jersey! We are going to the World Cup in St. Kitts in March.! We got tix for the Aussie/south africa game.

Excited doesn't do it justice :)

We don't have kids, yet...but also want to move back by the time they are school aged...so we have time. We are waiting about another 2 years...then we'll have 5 before they start school - so we're good to go!

Good luck with your removal of conditions ;)

Finally finished with immigration in 2012!

familyxmas-1-1.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.