BlueRain77

RFE Finally mailed off!

1 post in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: England
Timeline

Probably should add this to the RFE experiences as well...

Being in England, visiting my fiance, our RFE was forwarded to my mother's mail. No problems there. Then my mom sent it onto us in England. Still no problems there. Filled it out but idiot me accidently checked Yes instead of No...had to white out and re-check to No and made a note that I meant to check No for IMB. Hoping not a problem. Also added a supplement with website info anyway just in case they want to check it out and state that I believe the site falls under Exception 2 of the IMBRA. Hoping that works out as well. Just sent off the complete RFE with all the papers attached (after photocopied) to California during lunch using the mailing envelope provided and put both mine and my fiance's address on the back and sent it International Signed For Airmail. I was told that someone sent theirs out as well from the England area. (crossing fingers, arms, legs, etc that this is allright).

So now back to wedding planning and picking out items for the gift registry....you know, the less stressful but FUN stuff! lol

Btw..here's the timeline for the RFE just in case anyone does what we did.

Friday, Sept. 15 was emailed (thrice!) that we will be receiving RFE.

Tuesday, Sept. 19 RFE was posted

Monday, Sept. 25 My mom received it. (forwarded from about 120 miles away) She sent it to us that day.

Thursday, Oct. 5 We received it in the mail and immediately filled it out and mailed it during lunch in England.

I will remember to follow up on this to say if it was sent okay from England. :)

Hope this helps others. :thumbs:

Pete (UK) & Sue (US)

June 19: Filed for K-1 Visa

Feb 8: Received K-1 Visa

April 27: Married!!

May 4: AOS & EAD sent off.

July 28: EAD Card Arrives in Mail!

Aug 23: AOS Interview! APPROVED!!

Aug 30: Welcome to America! letter arrived.

Sept 7: Greencard arrived in the mail!

May: Received Notice about Greencard Expiration end of August

July 15: Sent packet in mail!! (FINALLY!!)

July 16: Packet arrives @ CSC 10:52am Signed by V. Semegi

July 24: Received NOA (posted 7/21)

July 30: Received Bio Appt Letter in Mail

August 20 @ 2pm: Biometrics Appt. –

Sept 12: Approved!! Should be getting card within 60 days..

April 22: Mailing N400 Citizenship packet to Phoenix AZ! (about time!)

April 25 10:37am Phoenix USCIS Lockbox. Signed for by F DOMINGUEZ

April 28 NOA (received in mail May 2)

June 7 Biometrics Appt

July 26 8:10am Interview/Test APPROVED!

Jul 26 Oath Ceremony! Pete is now a US Citizen!

ficFm7.png

event.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.