pinkpoka

double check the forms I need to bring to interview (Mexico)

8 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

I am gathering all my paperwork and want to make sure I didn't miss a form or something else required. I have:

• I-797
  • Form I-134 Affidavit of Support Filled by Co-Sponsor
  • (documents that go with I-134 such as bank statments, life insurance documents, appraisal on house, vehicle registration to show ownership of cars because we listed that as personal value ext)
  • A letter (not sure what its called) from Juarez saying my case is ready for processing
  • Form 1-134 Affidavit filled by me (petitioner)
  • DS-156- NONIMMIGRANT VISA APPLICATION (2 pages)
  • DS-260 Confirmation Page
  • DS-160 Confirmatio Page
  • DS-156- NONIMMIGRANT FIANCÉ(E) VISA APPLICATION (1 page)
  • And all other documents to show relationship

Is this it? Are we good to go? I appreciate your feedback

Timeline

I (the petitioner) never filled taxes before because my fiance has always supported me. However I didn't see taxes being requested for the affidavit for my co sponsor, do I still need taxes even if the amount is well over without the income from job?

I don't think i will be able to get the birth certificate of myself for my fiance but I have my passport I can give him, do I really need the birth certificate?

Timeline

you dont need the i797

u do need the approval letter with all the websites on it sent from mexico

mexican passport

-Birth certificate

-Two (2) 2x2 inch photographs

-Evidence of relationship with your U.S. citizen fiancé(e)

-Fee receipt of payment

Timeline

nope u dont need it its not in the required forms needed. the only letter u need is the one sent from juraez to u

http://www.visajourney.com/consulates/index.php?ctry=Mexico&cty=Juarez

use the site it tells u want u need

heres what im taking

Invite from CDJ - 4 Copies

Appointment letter- 4 copies

MRV Receipt - 4 copies

DS156- 3 Copies

DS156K- 3 Copies

DS260- 3 Copies

2 passport photos of my fiancée

Fiancée’s Birth certificate- original and 2 copies with translation

Mine Birth certificate- original and 2 copies

Our Daughter’s certificate - original and 2 copies

Intent to marry letter

I-134

I-134 for me -2 copies

Letter from my work - 2 copies

A months worth of pay stubs

Taxes from 2010 -2 copies

I-134 for my cosigner -2 copies

His birth certificate- original and 2 copies / passport copy

Letter from his work - 2 copies

A months worth of pay stubs -2 copies

Other property value papers -2 copies

Evidence of relationship

Picture with descriptions and dates

Msn conversation

Papers from work with my request of time off each month when I go 2 see him so he can see our daughter

Calling Cards

Bus tickets

Letter he and I would send to each other when family would come to visit me and go back

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

I (the petitioner) never filled taxes before because my fiance has always supported me. However I didn't see taxes being requested for the affidavit for my co sponsor, do I still need taxes even if the amount is well over without the income from job?

I don't think i will be able to get the birth certificate of myself for my fiance but I have my passport I can give him, do I really need the birth certificate?

If you have never filed taxes you need to make a statement that says you were not legally required by the IRS to file taxes because you did not make any income. Your co-sponsor needs to provide at least the most recent year's tax transcript, which are free from the IRS(or a complete copy of their 1040 including all attachments and schedules and W-2s and/or 1099s)

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

I don't need the I797? I thought this was the letter you were not suppose to loose because if you did you had to pay a big fee?

You need the I-797 approval notice for your I-129F petition (NOA2) when you file to adjust status(AOS) after you are in the US and married. So yes, you will need it. Do not lose it. You just do not need it for the K-1 visa interview in Juarez.

nope u dont need it its not in the required forms needed. the only letter u need is the one sent from juraez to u

http://www.visajourney.com/consulates/index.php?ctry=Mexico&cty=Juarez

use the site it tells u want u need

heres what im taking

Invite from CDJ - 4 Copies

Appointment letter- 4 copies

MRV Receipt - 4 copies

DS156- 3 Copies

DS156K- 3 Copies

DS260- 3 Copies

2 passport photos of my fiancée

Fiancée’s Birth certificate- original and 2 copies with translation

Mine Birth certificate- original and 2 copies

Our Daughter’s certificate - original and 2 copies

Intent to marry letter

I-134

I-134 for me -2 copies

Letter from my work - 2 copies

A months worth of pay stubs

I-134 for my cosigner -2 copies

His birth certificate- original and 2 copies / passport copy

Letter from his work - 2 copies

A months worth of pay stubs -2 copies

Other property value papers -2 copies

Evidence of relationship

Picture with descriptions and dates

Msn conversation

Papers from work with my request of time off each month when I go 2 see him so he can see our daughter

Calling Cards

Bus tickets

Letter he and I would send to each other when family would come to visit me and go back

Looks good! The only thing I see missing for you is proof that your co-sponsor is a USC or LPR. Also, you might want to take a few months worth of the most recent pay stubs and not just for one month.

Edited by Jay-Kay

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.