chloe

affadavit of support q...please be gentle

3 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: England
Timeline

Was wondering if anyone could shed any light on this subject, or whether indeed

anybody has been through a similar situation.

We have filed our I129F and are awaiting ( as is, everybody else ) some form of contact.

Our situation is that, yes, my fiance meets the Poverty level minimum, but only has done recently,

therefore, there arent the tax dockets required to prove this.

We can provide a current letter from his employer stating that his position is permanent and that

he meets the desired income, but as I said this is a recent-ish thing.

Unfortunately for us, there is no option of a co-sponsor.

Is there a stated bare minimum of proof required or is that like asking 'how long is a

piece of string'?

Any positive info, would be so much appreciated..

And also Congrats to all the recent approvals!!!

x

Edited by chloe

06.05.07 Entered US

06.24.07 Married!!!! xxxxxxx

07.23.07 Sent off AOS/EAD Express Mail

07.24.07 Email notification that package received!!!! (Day 1)

08.08.07 Money Orders Cashed (Day 16)

08.13.08 Biometrics letter rec. Still no NOA1 (Day 21)

08.27.07 RFE for tax transcript (sent already!!)

08.28.07 NOA1 date, received 09.02.07

09.04.07 Biometrics for AOS & EAD (Day 43)

09.18.07 RFE received by USCIS. Processing resumed.(Day 57)

10.04.07 Card Production ordered EAD..Woohoo!!!! (73 Days)

10.15.07 EAD card delivered in post as well as Approval email

10.15.07 Email to say Im on my way to California!

11.29.07 Card production ordered, still waiting for daughters!

12.04.07 received Green card in post!

Filed: Timeline

chloe,

For a K visa there are some stated bare minimums and some additional factors that make up "the totality of the circumstances", leaving it to the consular officer to determine, based on the information that your fiance provides, how long your particular piece of string is.

Tax "dockets" are not used to determine current income, except perhaps for the self-employed. They may or may not give an indication of how stable and sustainable the current income is. In your case it seems that 'may not' applies, so your case may rest on what the consular officer sees in the employer's letter and the other factors making up the totality of the circumstances.

Yodrak

We have filed our I129F and are awaiting ( as is, everybody else ) some form of contact.

Our situation is that, yes, my fiance meets the Poverty level minimum, but only has done recently,

We can provide a current letter from his employer stating that his position is permanent and that

Is there a stated bare minimum of proof required or is that like asking 'how long is a

piece of string'?

x

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: England
Timeline

Many thanks, Yodrak

chloe,

For a K visa there are some stated bare minimums and some additional factors that make up "the totality of the circumstances", leaving it to the consular officer to determine, based on the information that your fiance provides, how long your particular piece of string is.

Tax "dockets" are not used to determine current income, except perhaps for the self-employed. They may or may not give an indication of how stable and sustainable the current income is. In your case it seems that 'may not' applies, so your case may rest on what the consular officer sees in the employer's letter and the other factors making up the totality of the circumstances.

Yodrak

piece of string'?

x

06.05.07 Entered US

06.24.07 Married!!!! xxxxxxx

07.23.07 Sent off AOS/EAD Express Mail

07.24.07 Email notification that package received!!!! (Day 1)

08.08.07 Money Orders Cashed (Day 16)

08.13.08 Biometrics letter rec. Still no NOA1 (Day 21)

08.27.07 RFE for tax transcript (sent already!!)

08.28.07 NOA1 date, received 09.02.07

09.04.07 Biometrics for AOS & EAD (Day 43)

09.18.07 RFE received by USCIS. Processing resumed.(Day 57)

10.04.07 Card Production ordered EAD..Woohoo!!!! (73 Days)

10.15.07 EAD card delivered in post as well as Approval email

10.15.07 Email to say Im on my way to California!

11.29.07 Card production ordered, still waiting for daughters!

12.04.07 received Green card in post!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.