CDM80LK

Case Completed, Waiting for an Interview Date

7 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Timeline

Hi,

My husband's IR1 case was completed at the NVC on 2nd of February, we are still waiting for them to notify us of an interview date.

I got a job and moving in a week. I am hoping my husband can join me in a month. Is this even possible.

Could anyone pls share how long they had wait for an interview date?

Thanks

We are waiting for an interview date at the Sydney Consulate.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline

He should ring the NVC for an update. Sydney is usually quick with the interviews. Once he has his interview date and his file arrives at the Consulate he may be able to have it rescheduled. From memory, interviews are on a Tuesday.

And my interview date arrived a day after my case was completed.

OUR JOURNEY SO FAR: (dd/mm/yyyy)

18/09/09 - CR1 NOA1

16/07/10 - POE LAX (256 days NOA1 to interview)

27/09/10 - Aussie/American bun in the oven due May 10, 2011

06/01/11 - Submitted change of address online to USCIS. Mailed I-865 for sponsor. Neverending!

05/05/11 - Bouncing baby boy arrives

10/07/12 - Sent I-751

13/07/12 - I-751 NOA1

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

Packet four is basically your interview letter. I suppose because you did IR1 it's a little different but for K-1 you get packet three and packet four. P3 is asking for the rest of the forms and medical and stuff, P4 is the interview letter and instructions of what to bring to interview.

Finally time for AOS.......

12/07/11 Sent AOS package

12/09/11 AOS package delivered

12/14/11 Received NOA for I-485 and I-765 (we're not applying for AP)

12/22/11 Received letter for Biometrics

01/04/12 Biometrics in Phoenix

01/31/12 Received email update from USCIS saying that we've been scheduled for an interview

02/03/12 Got an email saying card production had been ordered for my EAD...now just to wait for the card...

02/09/12 Received email saying EAD card has been sent

02/13/12 Received EAD card :D :D :D :D

03/06/12 Interview in Phoenix :).....Approved :D

03/14/12 Received Green card in mail.....

....no more USCIS until December 2013

event.png

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline

Hi

Thank you for letting us know.

We finally got the interview date April 17th.

Do we have to do anything now other than the medical?

I keep seeing packet 4, what is that?

Thank you

Packet 4 is the interview checklist. When he receives his appointment letter, he will receive this as well. It's everything that he has to have with him at the interview. This is what I had:-

PASSPORT

Medical (I took a copy of mine for my own records). He will not need the X-rays at the interview.

3kg Platinum Express Post satchel

2 x US sized passport photos

Copies of all our paperwork (I-130 petition, G325A's, I-864 etc and all the supporting documentation)

Evidence of our relationship

The letter will have instructions on what to bring. It will have a list of all the documents that have been provided and/or requested with a status (this is a letter next to each one). There is a legend for the meaning of each letter.

I don't want to overwhelm you because it's not really that daunting. Follow the instructions and make sure he has everything. My interview was 5 minutes and he asked me about 5 random Q's. I am glad I had copies of all our paperwork because he wanted a copy of my husband's divorce decree. I don't know if they really did misplace it or if that was just a curve ball. Sydney Consulate was great. Make sure he is early, though. I was late and had to wait ages for my number to be called but the view is spectacular and well worth it as a last look at Sydney ... :star:

OUR JOURNEY SO FAR: (dd/mm/yyyy)

18/09/09 - CR1 NOA1

16/07/10 - POE LAX (256 days NOA1 to interview)

27/09/10 - Aussie/American bun in the oven due May 10, 2011

06/01/11 - Submitted change of address online to USCIS. Mailed I-865 for sponsor. Neverending!

05/05/11 - Bouncing baby boy arrives

10/07/12 - Sent I-751

13/07/12 - I-751 NOA1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

Thank you for letting us know.

We finally got the interview date April 17th.

Do we have to do anything now other than the medical?

I keep seeing packet 4, what is that?

Thank you

I am a bit confused too b/c we didn't get a packet 3 or 4. we only got an interview letter from the NVC that only states to bring a medical. NOthing else. No prepaid envelope, no relationship evidence, no previous forms. Nothing. I know this is a new process for spouses both residing in Australia (now that DCF is gone), but i feel like we are missing an enormous amount of information on what to bring to the interview. If we didn't know about VJ, my husband would have shown up with medical in hand and nothing else! He's even emailed the consulate for further clarification and they haven't gotten back to him...

06-Jan-2010: Moved to Australia on fiancee visa

18-Apr-2010: Married

09-Nov-2011: Mailed I-130 to Chicago

24-Nov-2011: Received NOA-1 via email, file routed to CSC (priority date Nov 22)

06-Dec-2011: Received NOA-1 via mail in Australia

07-Dec-2011: Received NOA-2 via email

16-Dec-2011: Received NOA-2 via mail in Australia

09-Jan-2012: Received NVC case number

09-Jan-2012: Emailed completed DS-3032

10-Jan-2012: Received I-864 Bill

10-Jan-2012: Pay I-864 Bill

12-Jan-2012: Accepted DS-3032/Receive IV Bill

12-Jan-2012: Pay IV Bill

11-Feb-2012: Mailed I-864 & IV

13-Feb-2012: I-864 & IV received at NVC

16-Feb-2012: RFE

27-Feb-2012: Sent response to RFE

05-Mar-2012: Case complete

03-Apr-2012: Interview *Approved*

21-May-2012: POE-Dallas

08-Jun-2012: Received SSN & Welcome letter

11-Jun-2012: Received Green Card. Done.

I am a bit confused too b/c we didn't get a packet 3 or 4. we only got an interview letter from the NVC that only states to bring a medical. NOthing else. No prepaid envelope, no relationship evidence, no previous forms. Nothing. I know this is a new process for spouses both residing in Australia (now that DCF is gone), but i feel like we are missing an enormous amount of information on what to bring to the interview. If we didn't know about VJ, my husband would have shown up with medical in hand and nothing else! He's even emailed the consulate for further clarification and they haven't gotten back to him...

My letter was the same as yours. It just asked for the medical and photos if not previously submitted. I found the pre paid envelope thing on the consulate specific page on the web and because I knew from here. I took everything suggested on here even though I wasn't asked. Out of about 10 people at the consulate on myself and one other man was approved on the day and he had his done by a lawyer, I thank VJ for my applications completeness! I got asked no questions, I didn't have to show them anything and they didn't even want my photos, but I'm glad I had it all with me after listening to the roasting some otheres got!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.