abu&ruki

WHAT ARE THE CONTENT OF PACKET 3&4 FOR K-1 VISA'S FROM THE EMBASSY.

24 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

GUYS,I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW THE EXACT FORMS THAT GIVEN AT THE EMBASSY PLEASE? IS IT JUST THE DS156K,DS157 AND THE DS 230i&2 OR IS JUST THE DS 157 AND DS 156K PLEASE HELP SINSE SOME OF US WANTS PRINT THE FROMS AND START PRACTICING BEFORE THE INTERVIEW DAY.

ANY COMMENT WILL BE MUCH APPRECIATED.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Ghana
Timeline

Please don't write in all caps.

I pulled out our packet 3 and 4 (12/2010)

Forms you will get:

Appointment Letter

DS- 156k

DS- 156 (needs to be filled out online)

I-134 (tax transcripts, and other supporting docs)

DS-230 Part 1 and 2

Instructions for medical, police certificate, payment of fee, and passport pictures, Birth certificate (make sure they have a new one)

If applicable: military records, divorce records

Do not use the forms they give you- print them from the site. They do not give the newest ones usually.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Ghana
Timeline

Please don't write in all caps.

I pulled out our packet 3 and 4 (12/2010)

Forms you will get:

Appointment Letter

DS- 156k

DS- 156 (needs to be filled out online)

I-134 (tax transcripts, and other supporting docs)

DS-230 Part 1 and 2

Instructions for medical, police certificate, payment of fee, and passport pictures, Birth certificate (make sure they have a new one)

If applicable: military records, divorce records

Do not use the forms they give you- print them from the site. They do not give the newest ones usually.

Must you go to the USCIS website and fill out the DS-156 AND SUBMIT online?? if you can clarify that for me please?? when do i need to fill it out online?? thanks

Timeline

Yes- fill it out- it will then add a barcode to it- save it and print it.

I would wait for everything until your closer to the interview to make sure your forms are updated ones.

Timeline

GUYS,I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW THE EXACT FORMS THAT GIVEN AT THE EMBASSY PLEASE? IS IT JUST THE DS156K,DS157 AND THE DS 230i&2 OR IS JUST THE DS 157 AND DS 156K PLEASE HELP SINSE SOME OF US WANTS PRINT THE FROMS AND START PRACTICING BEFORE THE INTERVIEW DAY.

ANY COMMENT WILL BE MUCH APPRECIATED.

When are you going to pick the packets? they sent me a letter to come and pick mine on the 14th of this month, I think the packet basically contain the checklist of things that you are to bring for the interview plus ,the appointment letter and the D-S 157, DS-230,DS-156K and the DS-156 is online form when must be filled and print, If you are picking your packet the same day lets keep in touch so that we will figure out what to do after picking the forms ok,

Met through a friend on Facebook

Visited Accra on June 26, 2011 ( For two weeks)

Sept 14, 2011 Mailed the petition express

Sept 16, 2011.................................... NOA 1

Feb 01,2012...................................... NOA 2

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

I must have just had dumb luck. I did not wait to pick up anything from the Embassy. I printed the forms from here and once I was approved and my stuff was sent to NVC. I paid and mailed everything to NVC. When my interview letter came it noted that everything was paid and submitted when I got to the interview, I did not need anything but tax transcripts. That obviously is not the common procedure, thank God for divine intervention. I understand I took a huge risk sending in originals to NVC and then having them forward them to the Embassy, however it worked for me, and it seemed to knock some time off waiting for them to mail me a form that I can find here and submit.

Lifting Conditions I751 Event Date CIS Office : Vermont Service CenterDate Filed : 2013-12-12NOA Date : 2013-12-30RFE(s) : Bio. Appt. : 1/29/14Interview Date :Approval / Denial Date : 4/22/14Got I551 Stamp :Green Card Received :[4/29/2014]Comments : cfmstore_flag_hybrid_ghana_america_heade<p>

Timeline

I must have just had dumb luck. I did not wait to pick up anything from the Embassy. I printed the forms from here and once I was approved and my stuff was sent to NVC. I paid and mailed everything to NVC. When my interview letter came it noted that everything was paid and submitted when I got to the interview, I did not need anything but tax transcripts. That obviously is not the common procedure, thank God for divine intervention. I understand I took a huge risk sending in originals to NVC and then having them forward them to the Embassy, however it worked for me, and it seemed to knock some time off waiting for them to mail me a form that I can find here and submit.

evoria you are a CR-1, this is for K-1. Different process. Things are very different! So there was no dumb luck.

Timeline

When are you going to pick the packets? they sent me a letter to come and pick mine on the 14th of this month, I think the packet basically contain the checklist of things that you are to bring for the interview plus ,the appointment letter and the D-S 157, DS-230,DS-156K and the DS-156 is online form when must be filled and print, If you are picking your packet the same day lets keep in touch so that we will figure out what to do after picking the forms ok,

You are correct. It will also have some instructions for medical, police, and fees.

(Things keep changing, so I would wait for you packet before doing any of these). When my then fiance was there for his interview people were turned away for more then month old police certificates, so wait until a month before to request and then pick up in two weeks.

Make sure your BC is the new one with silver seal thingy on it.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ethiopia
Timeline

You are correct. It will also have some instructions for medical, police, and fees.

(Things keep changing, so I would wait for you packet before doing any of these). When my then fiance was there for his interview people were turned away for more then month old police certificates, so wait until a month before to request and then pick up in two weeks.

Make sure your BC is the new one with silver seal thingy on it.

Hey everyone:) I have a problem downloading form DS-156,so,is there someone who can help me please? B/c It is better to fill and save it before the day comes very close.And the other one is on form DS-230 on the top right side it is already expired92-29-2012),so i that will be a problem? B/c I would like to gather all necessary forms since i am approved and than waiting from embassy,the third thing do we need form DS-158? Help is very appreciated.

Thanks,

-Kidist

EVERYTHING IS WITH THE HELP OF GOD. HE NEVER LET US DOWN. HAVE FAITH IN YOUR GOD!!!! I LOVE YOU BABY FROM THE BOTTOM OF MY HEART!!!

“Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.” - Corinthians

-October 12,2011 Petition sent to CSC
-October 19,2011 NOA1
-Feb.27,2012 NOA2 approval (131 days from NOA1)
-March 7,2012 The Petition Forwarded to Consulates:)
-March 23,2012 Packet 3 and 4 Received.
-April 3,2012 Visa Approved
-April 20,2012 VISA in my Hand.Yey. smile.pngsmile.png
-April 25,2012 My Flight and My POE is JFK
-August 03,2012 AOS filed
-August 28,2012 RFE
-September 05,2012 RFE sent and They received it on Sept.13th
-October 10,2012 EAD approved
-October 18,2012 EAD card in the mail.Yey

-September 6,2013 Green card APPROVED!!!!

Timeline

Hey everyone:) I have a problem downloading form DS-156,so,is there someone who can help me please? B/c It is better to fill and save it before the day comes very close.And the other one is on form DS-230 on the top right side it is already expired92-29-2012),so i that will be a problem? B/c I would like to gather all necessary forms since i am approved and than waiting from embassy,the third thing do we need form DS-158? Help is very appreciated.

Thanks,

-Kidist

You can't download that form , just fill it and have it printed, make sure you cross check all the details before printing it from online. Take note that form cannot be download ok

Timeline

no i'm not picking up my packets your date.i'm going for my packets on March 21...

Timeline

no i'm not picking up my packets your date.i'm going for my packets on March 21...

Can somebody send me the link for DS-156 please? when I tried to open it keep asking adobe,but i do have installed they new version,just sucks.

EVERYTHING IS WITH THE HELP OF GOD. HE NEVER LET US DOWN. HAVE FAITH IN YOUR GOD!!!! I LOVE YOU BABY FROM THE BOTTOM OF MY HEART!!!

“Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.” - Corinthians

-October 19,2011 NOA1
-August 28,2012 RFE

Timeline

Yes- fill it out- it will then add a barcode to it- save it and print it.

I would wait for everything until your closer to the interview to make sure your forms are updated ones.

should i fill out in capitals or lower case?? checking on the DS-156 online beneath the barcode is a portion i'm to affix my photo. i want to know if i'm to affix my photo there or it is for official use???

Timeline

Can somebody send me the link for DS-156 please? when I tried to open it keep asking adobe,but i do have installed they new version,just sucks.

This is the link to the form https://evisaforms.state.gov/ds156.asp

Timeline

This is the link to the form https://evisaforms.state.gov/ds156.asp

I tried this and said do not print this page.

-October 19,2011 NOA1
-August 28,2012 RFE

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.