Good Life

2nd Interview and Medical Reports

8 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

The US Embassy in Lagos is really, really cruel to those applying for family visas in Nigeria. I have been on K1 visa journey since January 24, 2011! Her interview was scheduled for September 28, 2011 but she was pregnant and had teh baby 13 days before the interview so we applied for the CRBA and Us passport for my daughter. She was told the visa was approved but could not be issued untill the CRBA was approved as stated on the 221(g) letter given to her. We received an email sometimes in December 2011 that the CRBA and passport were ready for pickup. Fortunatley I was in Nigeria around this time so we both went to the Embassy only to find out that the passport was ready but not the CRBA; note that the passport was issued after the CRBA, yet CRBA was not ready! We sent e mail to the embassy. I believe the embassy misplaced the CRBA and the reason I believe this is because my I got an email to come bring my daughter and fiancee for the CRBA and passport processing; so I called the embassy about the email and was told it was an error as the CRBA and passport were already approved on November 3rd 2011 and that the processor failed to move from pending to processed! Anyway, we informed the Visa section of the CRBA and passport approval and she was scheduled for February 27, 2012 which in itself was too damn long!. When my fiancee went to pick up the CRBA and passport, she inquired if anyting else was needed for her rescheduled interview on Feb 2775, she was told No after reviewing her file. So she went there for her interview. To our utter schock she was told the medical reports have expired and have to re do them! She was pissed to say the least and complained that why didn't say that on the e mail sent to her and while she also inquired in person. The CO could care less and he just said the medical reports need to be done again and she can return when ready with her passport. No apology, Nothing! So have to spend another N22,000. My fiancee met another person at the clinic from another city of over 5hours journey with the same story of not being informed of the expiration of the medical reports only to find out when he got to the embassy. My only consolation is that she will get her visa somtimes next week and will be here soon by the special grace of God. My conclusion is that is either these people are really cold hearted or just stupidly incompetent. If you are scheduled for a return interview, please examine your medical reports, if more than six months they will ask you to go and redo it. So please take note!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Thanks for sharing your story and prayerfully everything will be fine soon!

November 5, 2010 Interview 7am APPROVED!!!!!! (6months 4weeks 1day) THANK YOU LORD!!!!!

(look at my about me page in my profile if you want to see my entire k1 journey)

AOS Journey:

Feb.4, 2011 Mailed AOS packet

Feb. 7, 2011 Pkt delivered in Chicago

Feb. 10, 2011 Received txt and email of NOA for AOS, EAD, and AP

Feb. 11, 2011 Check cashed for AOS

Feb. 12, 2011 Touched

Feb. 14, 2011 received hard copy of NOA for AOS, EAD& AP

Feb. 18, 2011 received appt letter for biometrics

Feb. 28, 2011 biometrics appt @10am

Feb. 28, 2011 received txt/email AOS case transferred to csc

Mar 1, 2011 AOS Touched

Mar 3, 2011 received hard copy of AOS transfer to csc

Mar 4, 2011 AOS Touched

Mar 28, 2011 Received txt/email saying card production has been ordered. (1month 3eeks 3days)

Mar 28, 2011 Received 2nd txt/email saying we have registered this customer permanent residence status

Mar 29, 2011 Received 3rd txt/email says card production has been ordered.

April 1, 2011 greencard and welcome letter in hand!!

April 5, 2011 received txt/email EAD card production ordered

Will Start Removing Conditions Dec 2012!!!!

Dec. 26, 2012 mailed ROC paperwork

Dec. 28, 2012 NOA for ROC paperwork

Jan. 7, 2013 received bio appt letter

Jan. 24, 2013 bio appt.

June 22, 2013 10yr green card received

68z00wwuiyl.png

The US Embassy in Lagos is really, really cruel to those applying for family visas in Nigeria. I have been on K1 visa journey since January 24, 2011! Her interview was scheduled for September 28, 2011 but she was pregnant and had teh baby 13 days before the interview so we applied for the CRBA and Us passport for my daughter. She was told the visa was approved but could not be issued untill the CRBA was approved as stated on the 221(g) letter given to her. We received an email sometimes in December 2011 that the CRBA and passport were ready for pickup. Fortunatley I was in Nigeria around this time so we both went to the Embassy only to find out that the passport was ready but not the CRBA; note that the passport was issued after the CRBA, yet CRBA was not ready! We sent e mail to the embassy. I believe the embassy misplaced the CRBA and the reason I believe this is because my I got an email to come bring my daughter and fiancee for the CRBA and passport processing; so I called the embassy about the email and was told it was an error as the CRBA and passport were already approved on November 3rd 2011 and that the processor failed to move from pending to processed! Anyway, we informed the Visa section of the CRBA and passport approval and she was scheduled for February 27, 2012 which in itself was too damn long!. When my fiancee went to pick up the CRBA and passport, she inquired if anyting else was needed for her rescheduled interview on Feb 2775, she was told No after reviewing her file. So she went there for her interview. To our utter schock she was told the medical reports have expired and have to re do them! She was pissed to say the least and complained that why didn't say that on the e mail sent to her and while she also inquired in person. The CO could care less and he just said the medical reports need to be done again and she can return when ready with her passport. No apology, Nothing! So have to spend another N22,000. My fiancee met another person at the clinic from another city of over 5hours journey with the same story of not being informed of the expiration of the medical reports only to find out when he got to the embassy. My only consolation is that she will get her visa somtimes next week and will be here soon by the special grace of God. My conclusion is that is either these people are really cold hearted or just stupidly incompetent. If you are scheduled for a return interview, please examine your medical reports, if more than six months they will ask you to go and redo it. So please take note!

The clowns in Lagos are known for such...i am happy ur wife and child will soon join u.

....All your Negative Energy Feeds Cancer!

event.png

Filed: Country: Nigeria
Timeline

yeah those people are colder than ice and they take pride in their stupidity. Like they did not know it was going to expire.

All the best and hope it all turns out well.

I-129F @ VSC-Jan 27 2010

NOA 1- Dated Feb 1 2010

NOA 2- Dated April 27 2010 (85days after NOA1)

Interview-October 2010- outcome AP

Interview-July 2011-outcome-Recommendation for revocation

March 2012- Petition received by a USCIS office

May 11 2012- Petiton sent to another USCIS office for processing

May 15 2012- Petition is now being processed at a USCIS office

May 17 2012- letter rec'd from CSC Petition officially closed

Oct 26, 2011- Sent 1-130 Oct 27, 2011- NOA1 priority date

July 2012- NOID I-130 petition

July 16, 2012 e-mail notification for NOA2

NVC Process

July 23, 2012- nvc received

Aug 13,2012- called nvc to receive case# and IIN

Aug 14,2012- DS-3032 Email sent

Aug 15,2012- AOS Fee $88 invoiced, paid and in process

Aug 16,2012- AOS shows as paid

Aug 17,2012- I-864 overnighted to NVC

Aug 24,2012- DS-3032 acceptance received

Aug 24,2012- DS-230 invoiced/paid

Sept 4,2012- DS-230 overnighted to NVC (forgot to date page 2 waoo???, can't stop beating myself now, pls no RFE)

Sept 5,2012- DS-230 received by NVC; Oct 4- date received via email for scheduled interview

Sept 14, 2012-checklist requested for docs already submitted

Sept 20,2012- Case complete at NVC

Embassy

November 2, 2012 Interview -APPROVED

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

yeah those people are colder than ice and they take pride in their stupidity. Like they did not know it was going to expire.

All the best and hope it all turns out well.

I know all will be well by God's grace. Thanks for your words of encouragement.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.