CaboGrecia

Hello everyone, I just submitted my I-129F!

11 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

Hello VJ Community -

Already this site has been incredibly helpful and informative. Thanks to all of the information here, I officially submitted the I-129F/K-1 visa petition last week!! I'm nervous as I read a lot of messages containing frustration with the US Consular office in Ghana. Can anyone provide words of wisdom or lessons learned about this process from here on out? Now I see that submitting the 129F was the easy part!! I pray this process goes smoothly and look forward to support from this great community.

Thank you,

Niki & Isaac

Timeline

It will take a few months for your petition to get to the consulate in accra.Maybe anywhere from 5-6 months depending on whether its being processed in California or Vermont.Mine took about 6 months.Check out the reviews:Embassy/POE at the top of this page and you can read through the experiences of people who have gone through the process.Dont panic based on what you read, everyone has a different experience.

Timeline

It will take a few months for your petition to get to the consulate in accra.Maybe anywhere from 5-6 months depending on whether its being processed in California or Vermont.Mine took about 6 months.Check out the reviews:Embassy/POE at the top of this page and you can read through the experiences of people who have gone through the process.Dont panic based on what you read, everyone has a different experience.

Thanks for the encouragement! It is very scary to read some of these stories. I actually submitted everything to the center in Texas. Any idea what the best case scenario is for start to finish (meaning I'm meeting my sweetheart at the airport!) processing time is?

Timeline

texas is actually not a processing center.Your petition gets sent there first and then they forward it to either California or Vermont depending on where in the country the fiance(e) lives.If you are on the east coast its likely to be sent to Vermont and west coast will be California.I am at the 7 month mark and the interview has not been scheduled yet.I would estimate that from start to finish if everything is in good order you could be looking at about 12 to 13 months.Look at some of the timelines on here and it will give you a good idea.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Ghana
Timeline

The Ghanaian just needs to be confident going in. Make sure they understand each form and when or why it might be asked for.

Know all the facts about each other.

Photos are important.

Don't stress to much. Try to enjoy the journey.

Timeline

The Ghanaian just needs to be confident going in. Make sure they understand each form and when or why it might be asked for.

Know all the facts about each other.

Photos are important.

Don't stress to much. Try to enjoy the journey.

Thank you very very much for the encouragement. I appreciate it. Have you completed the process? Do you agree that it could take up to 13 months? That is a bit daunting, I'm trying to take your advice :)

Timeline

Thank you very very much for the encouragement. I appreciate it. Have you completed the process? Do you agree that it could take up to 13 months? That is a bit daunting, I'm trying to take your advice :)

It depends! Ours took about a year. We already did AOS, next year at this time we will be starting ROC.

Israel knew the papers and studied them well so he was prepared. Make sure you have all supporting documents for I-134 including tax transcripts- Ghana doesnt take anything else for tax purpose, but also letter from employer, pay stubs.

As much communication, photos, and such as you can. Travel docs: passport copies, hotel receipts.

Feel free to message me if you have any specifics you would like.

Timeline

It depends! Ours took about a year. We already did AOS, next year at this time we will be starting ROC.

Israel knew the papers and studied them well so he was prepared. Make sure you have all supporting documents for I-134 including tax transcripts- Ghana doesnt take anything else for tax purpose, but also letter from employer, pay stubs.

As much communication, photos, and such as you can. Travel docs: passport copies, hotel receipts.

Feel free to message me if you have any specifics you would like.

Thank you so much for your willingness to share and for the additional information. I haven't started the 1-134 yet, still waiting to hear about my petition submission. I assume by tax transcripts, you mean the actual form that is submitted during tax season, correct? I will certainly take you up on your offer when the next round comes. Thanks again! I'm glad everything worked out so smoothly for you and Israel and I pray the same happens for us!! :star:

Timeline

No A tax transcript you request from the IRS for free. You can call or mail the form http://www.irs.gov/efile/article/0,,id=232219,00.html

"You can download these forms from the links on the right side of this page or order them from our self-service line at 1-800-908-9946. If you order form(s) by phone, follow the prompts and select 3, then 1 to quickly complete your order. Once you get your transcript order form, complete it, sign it and send it to the address listed in the instructions. Either way, you can expect to get your transcript within 5 to 10 days from the time we receive your signed request." from IRS site above.

This means your w-2s are really not needed as well because the transcript verifies you actually filed. They are really easy to get- you will prob need 2011, 2010, 2009 by the time your interview is here. Even if early next year 2012 wouldn't be available for you- so you could get yours now and be prepared. You would still want to have some 2012 information for your fiance to bring just so they know that the person sponsoring is still working and all.

:)

Timeline

No A tax transcript you request from the IRS for free. You can call or mail the form http://www.irs.gov/efile/article/0,,id=232219,00.html

"You can download these forms from the links on the right side of this page or order them from our self-service line at 1-800-908-9946. If you order form(s) by phone, follow the prompts and select 3, then 1 to quickly complete your order. Once you get your transcript order form, complete it, sign it and send it to the address listed in the instructions. Either way, you can expect to get your transcript within 5 to 10 days from the time we receive your signed request." from IRS site above.

This means your w-2s are really not needed as well because the transcript verifies you actually filed. They are really easy to get- you will prob need 2011, 2010, 2009 by the time your interview is here. Even if early next year 2012 wouldn't be available for you- so you could get yours now and be prepared. You would still want to have some 2012 information for your fiance to bring just so they know that the person sponsoring is still working and all.

:)

Wow! Thank you!!! I'm sure I will be in touch again in the future! Thank you very much!