VenAmerican

K1 Interview in Venezuela

6 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Venezuela
Timeline

Hi :) We are unsure if I the petitioner from the United States needs to be at the interview with my fiancee in venezuela? I will be flying to Venezuela in August to help her bring her things here to the United states. We are still waiting for the NOA2, but she should have the interview by april or may hopefully. We received NOA1 Nov. 10 2012. She is currently a doctor in Venezuela and speaks fluent English. It is explensive to fly there twice so does anyone think it is necessary for me to fly there again just for the interview? Thanks for you help

Edited by VenAmerican

Filed: Timeline

Hi :) We are unsure if I the petitioner from the United States needs to be at the interview with my fiancee in venezuela? I will be flying to Venezuela in August to help her bring her things here to the United states. We are still waiting for the NOA2, but she should have the interview by april or may hopefully. We received NOA1 Nov. 10 2012. She is currently a doctor in Venezuela and speaks fluent English. It is explensive to fly there twice so does anyone think it is necessary for me to fly there again just for the interview? Thanks for you help

My fiancee is Venezuelan also. As far as I know, you don't need to be at the interview for a fiancee visa, but wait more experienced replies- we're just starting the process. I plan to be at our interview, but I don't think it is necessary- I just want to participate and I figure it can't hurt in terms of showing a relationship. Hope your journey goes well

Hey there!!

I don't think you need to be in the interview either. we haven't decided if I am going to be at the interview with my Fiance either.. some Embassies don't even let you go in if the appointment is not for you.. so it may even be a waste of time to travel other than for moral support but I am not sure if that is the case in Caracas!

keep us posted on what you decide to do :) we are right behind you guys!!

Good luck!

28 Dec '11 - I-129F package sent

30 Dec '11 - NOA 1

24 May '12 - NOA 2

27 Jun '12 - NVC Received

29 Jun '12 - NVC left

08 Aug '12 - Interview

First, it’s not required for the petitionary (U.S. citizen) to attend the interview at the Embassy in Caracas (unless they specifically ask for she/him to be there). Second, bringing the petitionary to the interview might be a double-edge sword; good because it shows the existence of a real relationship but also on the other hand the CO might wants to interview both over and over.

It happened to us four years ago during our interview for the Fiancee visa. CO kept us there for about one hour interviewing us one at time to compare our answers. My daughter (9 years old then) who was included in the petition as K2 attended too, and the CO also interviewed her. So, it seems that this CO in particular likes talking to everyone that attends the interview regardless of age. However, not all CO work the same way. So, it’s up to you both to decide what is the most convenient.

Good luck.

K1-K2 Visas Journey

(Day 1) 05/23/07: Packet sent to CSC

(Day 247) 01/25/08: Interview. Approved!

(Day 254) 02/01/08: Visas Received.

AOS Journey K1-K2

(Day 1) 04/20/08: Application sent.

(Day 73) 07/02/08: EAD,AP Approved!

(Day 108) 08/05/08: AOS Approved!

(Day 114) 08/11/08: 2 years GC received.

ROC Journey K1-K2

(Day 1) 05/09/10: Application sent.

(Day 129) 09/14/10: ROC Approved!

(Day 135) 09/20/10: 10 years GC received.

Naturalization Journey

(Day 1) 10/02/11: Application sent.

(Day 122) 01/31/12: Interview. PASSED!

(Day 125) 02/03/12: Oath Ceremony. Done!

End of our Journey:

Daughter and I became U.S. Citizens on 02/03/2012.

(Day 1) 02/09/12: Applied for U.S. Passport & Passport card.

(Day 16) 02/24/12: Passport received.

(Day 19) 02/27/12: Passport Card received.

(Day 24) 03/03/12: Got CoN back.

N-600 for Daughter

(Day 1) 02/04/12: Application sent.

(Day 117) 05/30/12: Picked up Certificate of Citizenship at USCIS local office Chicago.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Venezuela
Timeline

Thanks everyone for the information. I decided I am not going to the interview. I feel confident she will do well :-) She speaks fluent English, She comes from an educated background and is currently a doctor. We have visited each others homes twice so we have lots of pictures. Also we do have a wedding date set for November 10 so those papers will help hopefully to show the relationship is real. With all that said, that's what is helping me come to this decision. I will visit her when she is on her way to move here and come back with her:-) I can't wait till that day :-) :-)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Venezuela
Timeline

Thanks everyone for the information. I decided I am not going to the interview. I feel confident she will do well :-) She speaks fluent English, She comes from an educated background and is currently a doctor. We have visited each others homes twice so we have lots of pictures. Also we do have a wedding date set for November 10 so those papers will help hopefully to show the relationship is real. With all that said, that's what is helping me come to this decision. I will visit her when she is on her way to move here and come back with her:-) I can't wait till that day :-) :-)

Hi Im a vzlan beneficiary, and they are right. Is not necesary. In my case, we rather to be together at the interview appointment :) He wanted to be with, but sure you'll not have any problems if you don't come.

The other thing I wanted to talk about is that Vnezuelan consulate take too long to give the interview appointment :s keep that in mind so you can organize well. I'm a september filler (Sep 19) and we recieved our Noa2 back on January 19 (amazingly 4 month thanks to vermont :D) and the Caracas embassy gave us our interview appointment to April 3rd. Almost 3 month later, thanks God we asked right away when NVC gave us our crs number.

So march and april is not a probable date for you. If you recieve your noa2 this month (hopefully :D) maybe by middle june. I thought that after we got aproved, that process would be shorter and quickly and its been 2 month since we got our NOA2.

After you get your NOA2 you have to call like a week later, call the NVC and ask for your CRS number (You need this number to ask for the interview appointment) and keep update about your package. When they say "it was delivered to caracas" wait like a week and THEN write them asking for your interview at immigrantcaracas@state.gov (check the website) adding all your numbers (receipt,crs etc) DONT WAIT FOR THEM, THEY DON'T CONTACT PEOPLE!!

Thanks god we didn't wait, but I heard from people who waited 2 month and nothing.

If you need anything let me know.

OUR AMAZING JOURNEY 

UiSpm4.pngHWwxm4.png

YIRsm4.png   Mi1Gm4.pngTh37m4.png    

2013                                                  2014                                                     2015

fNidm5.png NXDpm4.png    VaECm4.png 

VRj7m4.png4IFnm4.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.