toocool

passport photos & do you attach any to forms in packet 3?

11 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi everyone,

I want to put my packet 3 in the mail tomorrow but I am wondering about just how many to put into the packet?

Do any photos get attached to the forms ie DE 156 (x2)? And do I also include 2 additional photos? Or do I just enclose 2 in the packet and NOT attach 2 to the DS 156 forms?

Looking for a response so I can everything ready tonight.

Lastly, I recall reading somewhere that a total of 5 passport photos are needed.....assuming I get clarification back that I need 2 for packet 3....how many are needed for the medical in Toronto and then the interview in Montreal? Are any needed for the POE?

Thanks a million.....

Put 2 passport photos in a plastic bag and paper clip them to the DS 156. You will need 3 passport photos for your medical in Toronto. It wouldn't hurt to take 2 extras to the interview just in case Montreal loses the ones you sent. They have been known to lose things. Make sure you make copies of everything. You don't need passport photos for your POE. You will need 6 photos for your AOS when it comes time for that but best to wait until you are ready to send that to have new photos taken.

Sent AOS pack......2011-08-08

NOA's dated ..........2011-08-15

Biometrics..............2011-09-13

EAD card.................2011-10-26

AP card....................2011-10-26

AOS approved .......2011-12-19

Green card rec.......2011-12-27

Timeline

Put 2 passport photos in a plastic bag and paper clip them to the DS 156. You will need 3 passport photos for your medical in Toronto. It wouldn't hurt to take 2 extras to the interview just in case Montreal loses the ones you sent. They have been known to lose things. Make sure you make copies of everything. You don't need passport photos for your POE. You will need 6 photos for your AOS when it comes time for that but best to wait until you are ready to send that to have new photos taken.

Super thanks!

Good idea to wait on those photos for the AOS as those I have now could be outdated.

Ps can you staple things or do they prefer paper clips?

Super thanks!

Good idea to wait on those photos for the AOS as those I have now could be outdated.

Ps can you staple things or do they prefer paper clips?

Never use staples in this process ...Paperclips it is :-) Get some colored ones at the dollar store, so when you are getting your documents ready for your interview you will have them. I put white paperclips on all the originals and colored on the copies.

Timeline

Never use staples in this process ...Paperclips it is :-) Get some colored ones at the dollar store, so when you are getting your documents ready for your interview you will have them. I put white paperclips on all the originals and colored on the copies.

omgosh....so smooth! :thumbs:

a girl friend of mine was telling me I had to be better organized last night....and I'm thinking I am....but apparently not!

so any other tidbits or hints are greatly appreciated...:yes:

a girl friend of mine was telling me I had to be better organized last night....and I'm thinking I am....but apparently not!

My hint is to listen to Jeannie, she's helped me through this whole process and has been a godsend! :D

Removal of Conditions

[03-24-2014] ROC paperwork sent.

[03-25-2014] NOA1.

[04-21-2014] Biometrics

[06-17-2014] Card in production

[06-25-2014] Card in HAND

My hint is to listen to Jeannie, she's helped me through this whole process and has been a godsend! :D

Thanks for the kind words my friend :-) I hope to be around to help you through ROC when the time comes for us.

Check your messages :thumbs:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

DO listen do JeannieL and her words of wisdom!

And for the appointment, I had all my documents (including everything provided so far) in a binder, separated by labels (I-134, I-129F, G-325, etc) and originals in sheet protectors. Extra photos in a Ziploc bag and my passport and the appointment letter in the front pocket. They request you to show those right away so you don't want to fumble through all your stuff to find them.

You cannot be too organized ;)

US citizen since April 2016

ROC completed April 2014

AOS from K1 completed February 2012

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

2 with packet 3 (not attached to the forms), 3 for the medical, 2 for the interview. It says to bring 2 photos on Montreal's official interview checklist :) Also, it's helpful to print your case number in ink on the back of the photos as well as the date they were taken.

Edited by pocheros

Timeline

Make sure that anything you write on the photos is written in pencil!

I always put my photos in little ziploc bags and then paperclipped them to the forms.

Removing Conditions

Sent package to VSC - 8/12/11

NOA1 - 8/16/11

Biometrics - 9/14/11

Timeline

Triple thanks everyone!

Packet 3 went off today....yahoo!

This has been one interesting journey of the many yet to take with this visa process.

Keeping my fingers crossed I have no more pdf, computer or printer problems....as I understand the best is yet to come with the AOS process :D tee hee.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.