GREEN/TRAN

aaaaand does vietnam accept co sponser or not???

11 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

i heard vietnam doesnt accept co sponsers i would have made enough but i went to vietnam for a month but i would have only made enough with my over time so i cant prove it what do i do????

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Hi Green/Tran,

If you can start at the very beginning of the Asia: East and Pacific (Except China) regional forum that your posting in, there are numerous posts regarding this same issue.

Some have had no problems with co-sponsors, while others have run into difficulty. Again, like I mentioned in my other post regarding the I-134, a lot of discretion is left to the interviewing consular officer as to the credibility of the co-sponsor and the relationship between the co-sponsor and the petitioner.

STL_HCMC

i heard vietnam doesnt accept co sponsers i would have made enough but i went to vietnam for a month but i would have only made enough with my over time so i cant prove it what do i do????

K1 Timeline

12/27/2005...I-129F Sent (Nebraska Service Center)

07/19/2006...Visa Approved

AOS Timeline

01/23/2007...AOS Sent

03/08/2007...AOS Approved

Removing Conditions

01/12/2009...I-751 Sent

06/10/2009...I-751 Approved

Naturalization

03/27/2010...N-400 Sent

11/21/2011...Approval

12/09/2011...Oath Ceremony

Some VJ members have gotten around this problem by showing that they had very good income in previous years to the low income year.

You can also change your petition to a K-3. Filing an I-864 from both you and joint-sponsor gives the CO's less leeway in treating your petition so subjectively, as they do a K-1. Bringing in a joint-sponsor on a K-1 petition at HCMC is a real #######-shoot, in addition to the #######-shoot that it is already.

Timeline

The answer to your question is "it depends".

Each case is treated and review by the Consulate Officer individually based on the specific circumstance which relevant to the case.

I will try to make a lot of assumption when giving you the answer for your question here.

Assumed your annual gross-income: $16K plus or more. It meets the poverty guideline for K-1 to sponsor ONE (1) person.

Assumed you and her do not have any children of whom you need to sponsor and bring them here to the States.

Assumed your total net-worth is well beyond $20K or more. You can use house/car/stock/bonds/life-insurance/business/saving/checking accounts/valuables to present as your total net worth and substantiate your financial well-being and meet the Govt. poverty guideline. The keyword here is "GUIDELINE".

The C.O. is not only looking at your current financial being, but also looks at your pass and future potential earnings as well. For example: If you were a Medical student who spent the last 4 years in Med School, scrubing :) and earning next to nothing, got no incomes to show when asked vs. a someone who works at McDonald for the past 4 yrs making the minimum wage. Who do you think would have a better case, financially? The answer is BOTH, because "it depends", and that's the standard answer for a lot of questions when it comes to HCMC. So you need to look at this process in the grand scheme of thing: How do I present my "story/case" in the best possible way to tip the scale on my side!

Once you setup and put your finance in working order, and you still don't meet the minimum poverty guideline, then you may have to think of having a "CO-SPONSOR". Remember, HCMC does accept Co-sponsor, however they reserve the right to deny it when they are in doubt of frauds involved.

Good luck and I hope this helps....

Thanks,

chuck and kim

"You always get what you've always gotten if you always do what you always did."

Timeline
The answer to your question is "it depends".

Each case is treated and review by the Consulate Officer individually based on the specific circumstance which relevant to the case.

I will try to make a lot of assumption when giving you the answer for your question here.

Assumed your annual gross-income: $16K plus or more. It meets the poverty guideline for K-1 to sponsor ONE (1) person.

Assumed you and her do not have any children of whom you need to sponsor and bring them here to the States.

Assumed your total net-worth is well beyond $20K or more. You can use house/car/stock/bonds/life-insurance/business/saving/checking accounts/valuables to present as your total net worth and substantiate your financial well-being and meet the Govt. poverty guideline. The keyword here is "GUIDELINE".

The C.O. is not only looking at your current financial being, but also looks at your pass and future potential earnings as well. For example: If you were a Medical student who spent the last 4 years in Med School, scrubing :) and earning next to nothing, got no incomes to show when asked vs. a someone who works at McDonald for the past 4 yrs making the minimum wage. Who do you think would have a better case, financially? The answer is BOTH, because "it depends", and that's the standard answer for a lot of questions when it comes to HCMC. So you need to look at this process in the grand scheme of thing: How do I present my "story/case" in the best possible way to tip the scale on my side!

Once you setup and put your finance in working order, and you still don't meet the minimum poverty guideline, then you may have to think of having a "CO-SPONSOR". Remember, HCMC does accept Co-sponsor, however they reserve the right to deny it when they are in doubt of frauds involved.

Good luck and I hope this helps....

Thanks,

chuck and kim

THANKS CHUCK AND KIM

Green/Tran

your fiance need a job offer,my fiance got the same problem and we needed a job offer cause the chief of us consulate in hcmc is so reasonable,we're in the same boat

goodluck

us

Removal of conditions

09-29-09 : Mailed I-751 ( The game is now started)

10-02-09 : Delivered, 3:20 pm, SAINT ALBANS, VT 05479

10-05-09 : NOA

11-10-09 : Bio

Timeline
Green/Tran

your fiance need a job offer,my fiance got the same problem and we needed a job offer cause the chief of us consulate in hcmc is so reasonable,we're in the same boat

goodluck

us

HOW DO I GO ABOUT GETTING HER A JOBOFFFER HAVE YOU HAD ANYLUCK?

Green/Tran

goodluck

us

HOW DO I GO ABOUT GETTING HER A JOBOFFFER HAVE YOU HAD ANYLUCK?

I HAVE TO CLAIM 4 DEPENDENTS

Timeline

I don't see where a job offer would help! Anyone could have a job offer writen up by some friend's company's letterhead paper. In fact, if you need one, I can write you up with my company's letterhead paper! Meaningless to the consulate if you show up with one, you could and couldn't have accepted that offer. The bottomline is do what you can to meet the guideline, requirement, to prove your case and provide supporting evidence.

Remember, OP needs to make the ultimate decision based on what best represent his case to the Consulate. Co-sponsor or not. I still think having a high paying job, fat-wallet or solid career is just a part of the WHOLE BIG PICTURE. OP should not get completely locked up on this "MONEYTRAIN" :)

If OP can share more information with us, he will be better adviced. In the end, Co-sponsor is the last option if OP can't come up with enough incomes to meet the guideline. I think!

Good luck,

chuck and kim

"You always get what you've always gotten if you always do what you always did."

Green/Tran

its true bout job offer cause i asked my laywer here,he's american man and living here in vietnam to help people,he's a immigration lawyer only bout married/fiance and he's seem a good lawyer that i can have,ChuckandKim if you live in other states then you cant write a letter or anything cause it wont work cause i asked my lawyer too bout this,so Green/Tran if you want ill give you my lawyer's phone number then you can reach him and tell him that you're Mcleod's friend and he will know

goodluck

us

Removal of conditions

09-29-09 : Mailed I-751 ( The game is now started)

10-02-09 : Delivered, 3:20 pm, SAINT ALBANS, VT 05479

10-05-09 : NOA

11-10-09 : Bio

Timeline

Respectfully disagree!

Telecommute: Meaning, you do not have to be a residence of a State where your employer is located to be employed or to be offerred employment. One can be offerred of job regardless of his/her location, the employer can and may offer the job based on the line of work and qualification of the potential candidate. I work from home at least 2 days a week, in the office the other 3. My employer is based out in Europe. That's why, location/state is not the problem. I don't know how to explain this to you, but someone can chime in and help out please!

The point I'm trying to make here is: even with an offer letter from some employer in the same STATE of residence, it still won't be 100% guaranteed to have your visa approved. The lawyer you're retaining may be correct and knowing something that I do not know, however, I would ask the question: why does a job offer letter work? Just because isn't good enough, the OP probably needs solid supporting evidence, rather than some lawyer says: get a job offer letter and you're set!

Thank you,

chuck and kim

Timeline
Respectfully disagree!

Telecommute: Meaning, you do not have to be a residence of a State where your employer is located to be employed or to be offerred employment. One can be offerred of job regardless of his/her location, the employer can and may offer the job based on the line of work and qualification of the potential candidate. I work from home at least 2 days a week, in the office the other 3. My employer is based out in Europe. That's why, location/state is not the problem. I don't know how to explain this to you, but someone can chime in and help out please!

The point I'm trying to make here is: even with an offer letter from some employer in the same STATE of residence, it still won't be 100% guaranteed to have your visa approved. The lawyer you're retaining may be correct and knowing something that I do not know, however, I would ask the question: why does a job offer letter work? Just because isn't good enough, the OP probably needs solid supporting evidence, rather than some lawyer says: get a job offer letter and you're set!

Thank you,

chuck and kim

I THINK ITS A LEAVE NO STONE UNTURNED THING MAYBE IT COULDNT HURT .I JUST HOPE AT THE INTERVIEW THEY REALIZE I WOULD HAVE MADE ENOUGH ,BUT WENT TO VIETNAM FOR A MONTH ,AND AM ONLY A LITTLE SHORT FOR FAMILY OF FOUR BUT I AM LIVING ALONE

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.