PaulnUsa

Manila Per KW Electric Rate?

26 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Just go to... Meralco website, you can find the Manila rates there. By the way, to help the OP, average household usage for electricity is approximately 300 kWh/mo (some lightings, typical household appliances, aircon not included)

Kidding aside, if the current rate is 10 Php/kWh, poor Manila, they pay more than what we pay here in US. And the more electricity you use, more surcharges you pay.

Lifting Condition (I-751)

09/09/2011 - Sent the package to CSC

09/13/2011 - CSC received the package

09/15/2011 - CSC cashed check and NOA1 Received

09/26/2011 - Biometrics Appointment Notice Date (Sent)

10/13/2011 - Early Biometrics

10/19/2011 - Biometrics Appointment

10/26/2011 - GC expiration

11/25/2011 - Received RFE

11/28/2011 - Sent response to RFE

01/13/2012 - Ordered card production (Approved)

01/19/2012 - 10 yrs GC received

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Just go to... Meralco website, you can find the Manila rates there. By the way, to help the OP, average household usage for electricity is approximately 300 kWh/mo (some lightings, typical household appliances, aircon not included)

Kidding aside, if the current rate is 10 Php/kWh, poor Manila, they pay more than what we pay here in US. And the more electricity you use, more surcharges you pay.

P 10.80/ kWh includes all the charges.

Electricity in the Philippines is really expensive because we are highly dependent from imported oil that's being used as fuel mostly in our power plants. We buy fuel using US$. As u all know US$1 = P42.00. The Department of Energy is doing its best to look for alternative sources of energy in the Philippines so that eventually we will not be dependent from import products anymore. We are now encouraging investors in the renewable energy sector to put up business in the Philippines but of course there are alot of challenges ahead of us. There are environmentalist groups who are against Coal-fired Power Plants.

Consumers have no choice for now. We have to pay what is due for us. That is why our office conducts Consumer Empowerment Seminar nationwide to teach Filipinos how to save energy, to know their rights and obligations, and to educate them how to be a responsible energy consumer.

Edited by maim3

Timeline

P 10.80/ kWh includes all the charges.

Electricity in the Philippines is really expensive because we are highly dependent from imported oil that's being used as fuel mostly in our power plants. We buy fuel using US$. As u all know US$1 = P42.00. The Department of Energy is doing its best to look for alternative sources of energy in the Philippines so that eventually we will not be dependent from import products anymore. We are now encouraging investors in the renewable energy sector to put up business in the Philippines but of course there are alot of challenges ahead of us. There are environmentalist groups who are against Coal-fired Power Plants.

Consumers have no choice for now. We have to pay what is due for us. That is why our office conducts Consumer Empowerment Seminar nationwide to teach Filipinos how to save energy, to know their rights and obligations, and to educate them how to be a responsible energy consumer.

I agree that the fuel is expensive but I disagree thats the reason why electricity is very expensive in the Philippines. I must say that blame it to the politicians who interfere and took kickbacks during NPC privatization. Now, it's the consumer who carry the burden.

Timeline

I agree that the fuel is expensive but I disagree thats the reason why electricity is very expensive in the Philippines. I must say that blame it to the politicians who interfere and took kickbacks during NPC privatization. Now, it's the consumer who carry the burden.

electricity billing is now unbundled so you will be able to see from your bill the breakdown of costs (service charges, taxes, systems loss, etc). From there, you will be able to see which part takes the chunk of what you are paying for.

Timeline

Yep. It was already before I left Philippines. I guess, its mandated by ERC. Though, it doesn't mean that it showed true cost....

Timeline

Thank you for clarifying my INCORRECT calculations.

2+2= 2000 = P11,000 :no::lol:

This is why VJ is a valuable resource and so great. You will find all persons in different walks of life. PaulinUSA you now have a actual person that works in the Department of Energy (Consumer Welfare and Promotion Office). They can give you the actual cost for electricity.

Thank You maim3 :thumbs:

We only used 854kw for the month.. and they are coming up with now 11,800 for the electric

We only used 854kw for the month.. and they are coming up with now 11,800 for the electric

854kw for a month is high, even if you're running the A/C 24x7.

We're in a two bedroom condo in metro Manila, with an A/C unit in each bedroom, and used 236kw last month, charged at 12.88/unit, which ran 4,327php.

Our rental agent shows us an itemized bill at the end of each month, including the initial meter reading and the present meter reading.

If you don't insist on seeing the utility bill, they can just make up numbers out of thin air and charge you whatever they think you're able to pay.

Timeline

854kw for a month is high, even if you're running the A/C 24x7.

We're in a two bedroom condo in metro Manila, with an A/C unit in each bedroom, and used 236kw last month, charged at 12.88/unit, which ran 4,327php.

Our rental agent shows us an itemized bill at the end of each month, including the initial meter reading and the present meter reading.

If you don't insist on seeing the utility bill, they can just make up numbers out of thin air and charge you whatever they think you're able to pay.

There is only 1 AC and only ran maybe 8 hours a day max.. and a fridge. no other appliances. the stove is gas. TV has no cable so has not been on.. just labtop computer a few hours a day and lights.

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

There is only 1 AC and only ran maybe 8 hours a day max.. and a fridge. no other appliances. the stove is gas. TV has no cable so has not been on.. just labtop computer a few hours a day and lights.

Maybe there is a decimal point missing somewhere? More like you are using 85.4

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline

FYI:

The higher the kWh being consumed is the higher generation charged. So if your consumption is 854kWh, its just fair that you're paying 11,800 pesos. Meralco has bracket system.

My questions are:

1) what is the power rating in HP of your AC?

2) What size is your TV? Is it CRT, LED,LCD or Plasma?

3) How many lighting fixtures do u have and how many Watts each?

Edited by maim3

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.