PaulnUsa

Manila Per KW Electric Rate?

26 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

What is the per KW electric rate in Manila??

Hanving many different condos quoting me different prices what they charge for Electirc. Just like to know the REAL rate.

Now that is mystery and all depends on the appliance in your condo or house. My wife's family pays about P1200 - 1500 (TV, Laptop and Lights). If you have full appliances it can be anywhere from P2000 - P4000 (Frigid, computer, Aircon, TV, Coffee machine etc..) More appliances more the cost.

Here is a Philippines News clip on Electricity Rates:

The Manila Electric Company (Meralco) Tuesday announced that power generation charges this month will be higher by P0.11 per kilowatt-hour (kWh) to P5.57 from P5.46 per kWh, mainly due to soaring prices in the Wholesale Electricity Spot Market.

http://www.mb.com.ph/articles/350624/power-rates-fuel-prices-up

God Does for those who do for themselves..!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

What is the per KW electric rate in Manila??

Hanving many different condos quoting me different prices what they charge for Electirc. Just like to know the REAL rate.

MANILA, Philippines – The Philippines has gained a new record, that of having the most expensive electricity in the whole of Asia.The new record was reported by the Manila Electric Company (Meralco) to the power and energy committee of the Philippine Chamber of Commerce and Industry (PCCI) chaired by Jose Alejandro during a recent meeting.The committee quoted a study made last October by the International Energy Consultants, an independent think-tank which allowed the power distributor to borrow the result of said study.The study had shown that with average retail rate of electricity of 18.1 US cents per kilowatt-hour in the Philippines, it has eased out Japan at the top of having the most expensive electricity in Asia. As of the same month last year, electric rates in Japan were at 17.9 US centers per kilowatt-hour.

01/07/2012 Mailed I-129F to Dallas Lock Box

01/10/2012 Accepted, Sent to CSC for Processing

01/12/2012 Touched

01/14/2012 NOA1 Hard Copy Recieved

http://www.facebook....&type=3

I live in manila, i run a small fridge, a few lights, and aircon on 24-7 and a few other devices. I pay about 3000php a month sometimes more or less

07-24-2009 Received NOA1
08-05-2009 Touched
10-02-2009 I-797C for Biometrics Appt
10-26-2009 Biometrics Appt. Completed
05-11-2010 Request for Evidence on both the I129F and I130
07-01-2010 Case Transferred to Vermont Service Center
10-20-2011 Contacted Ombudsman
02-07-2012 Case denied after almost 3 years =(
03-07-2012 Appeal Filed!
01-20-2013 Contacted Ombudsman again...

06-25-2013 EOIR Appeal Review

Visit my blog at http://goo.gl/ON4wG/

atckcgod5n.png

Timeline

Now that is mystery and all depends on the appliance in your condo or house. My wife's family pays about P1200 - 1500 (TV, Laptop and Lights). If you have full appliances it can be anywhere from P2000 - P4000 (Frigid, computer, Aircon, TV, Coffee machine etc..) More appliances more the cost.

Here is a Philippines News clip on Electricity Rates:

The Manila Electric Company (Meralco) Tuesday announced that power generation charges this month will be higher by P0.11 per kilowatt-hour (kWh) to P5.57 from P5.46 per kWh, mainly due to soaring prices in the Wholesale Electricity Spot Market.

http://www.mb.com.ph/articles/350624/power-rates-fuel-prices-up

So is the rate 5.57 per KW? The person is telling me the electric usually is over 11,000 peso for one month which does not seem right since the AC is only on in one room and off when were not there.

Timeline

My pinay baby tells me that it isn't the KW rate that causes the high bills; it's all of the add-on fees and surcharges which can greatly increase the total bill.

May your visa journey be smooth and speedy.

ENGAGED TO TROPICALROSE

ringhands4.jpg

Timeline

So is the rate 5.57 per KW? The person is telling me the electric usually is over 11,000 peso for one month which does not seem right since the AC is only on in one room and off when were not there.

Paul

Yes that is the current rate per KW (P5.57).

That is called $$$$ Hey Joe " American " $$$$ Cha Ching$$$!! :bonk: :bonk: :bonk: You got money it's nothing P11,000 ($300 US)!!! :bonk: :bonk: :bonk: ! Wow that is bend over and taking it Wow :blink: !!!. Don't even entertain that quote <_< .

They trying to get some extra cash in there pocket. Have them show you the electric bill for that unit.

Where are you staying and where would you like to stay in manila?

Timeline

Paul

Yes that is the current rate per KW (P5.57).

That is called $$$$ Hey Joe " American " $$$$ Cha Ching$$$!! :bonk: :bonk: :bonk: You got money it's nothing P11,000 ($300 US)!!! :bonk: :bonk: :bonk: ! Wow that is bend over and taking it Wow :blink: !!!. Don't even entertain that quote <_< .

They trying to get some extra cash in there pocket. Have them show you the electric bill for that unit.

Where are you staying and where would you like to stay in manila?

So its P5.57 x KWH = Bill

Examples:

P5.57 x 100 KW for 1 month = P557

P5.57 x 200 KW for 1 month = P1,114

So if my math is right. they are saying you are using 2000 KW in one month or for whatever time you have stayed there.

P5.57 x 2000 KW for 1 month = P11,140

My math isn't that great so if any body can check my math. LOL!!!

Timeline

Also you can get an idea from the cost of living in manila from this website.

http://www.numbeo.com/cost-of-living/city_result.jsp?country=Philippines&city=Manila

Edited by Wally Greene

Timeline

On my own point of view, Php 11,000 is outrageous for electricity bill. Even though you max out your usage of all appliances in a month for fairly size of Condo Unit or Apartment, you can't use 2000 kWh/mo. For major appliances in a full load such as air conditioner, refrigerator, washer and dryer, and small appliances (tv, radio, coffee maker, etc.), it would not even go more than 1000 kWh/mo esp for 2-3 person in the house.

Lifting Condition (I-751)

09/09/2011 - Sent the package to CSC

09/13/2011 - CSC received the package

09/15/2011 - CSC cashed check and NOA1 Received

09/26/2011 - Biometrics Appointment Notice Date (Sent)

10/13/2011 - Early Biometrics

10/19/2011 - Biometrics Appointment

10/26/2011 - GC expiration

11/25/2011 - Received RFE

11/28/2011 - Sent response to RFE

01/13/2012 - Ordered card production (Approved)

01/19/2012 - 10 yrs GC received

Timeline

Hi! im working in the Philippine - Department of Energy specifically in the Consumer Welfare and Promotion Office that deals with all your questions regarding electricity, lpg, and fuel prices. Please feel free to call our Hotline #: +63 2 8402267 for your questions. Just look for me Michelle Vita.

* Wally Greene = your computation is wrong.

Edited by maim3

Timeline

FYI:

How to compute your monthly electricity consumption:

consumption (kWh) = appliance rating (watts) x # of hrs used per day x # of units x # of days in a month) / 1000

x P 10.80 (total rate/kWh)

example:

7 cu ft refrigerator

C = 120W x 24 hours x 1 unit x 30 days (1month) /1000 x Php 10.80

C = 86.4kWh x P 10.80

C= P 933.12 (1 month)

Note:

1) Do the same computation with all your appliances.

2) Add total consumption per appliance and that will lead you to your TOTAL Monthly Consumption.

I hope this will help you alot!

Edited by maim3

Timeline

Hi! im working in the Philippine - Department of Energy specifically in the Consumer Welfare and Promotion Office that deals with all your questions regarding electricity, lpg, and fuel prices. Please feel free to call our Hotline #: +63 2 8402267 for your questions. Just look for me Michelle Vita.

* Wally Greene = your computation is wrong.

Thank you for clarifying my INCORRECT calculations.

2+2= 2000 = P11,000 :no::lol:

This is why VJ is a valuable resource and so great. You will find all persons in different walks of life. PaulinUSA you now have a actual person that works in the Department of Energy (Consumer Welfare and Promotion Office). They can give you the actual cost for electricity.

Thank You maim3 :thumbs:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.