Mononoke28

Colombia Club Part IV

504 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

is there a spanish forum, so my wife can read about the papers that we are going thru?

It depends on what you are looking for. In the Mexico, Latin & South America forum you can find Spanish threads for Colombians going through the K1 & CR1 processes, as well as Adjustment of Status. You will probably have to go a back a few pages to find them and they're all in Spanish.

Diana

CR-1

02/05/07 - I-130 sent to NSC

05/03/07 - NOA2

05/10/07 - NVC receives petition, case # assigned

08/08/07 - Case Complete

09/27/07 - Interview, visa granted

10/02/07 - POE

11/16/07 - Received green card and Welcome to America letter in the mail

Removing Conditions

07/06/09 - I-751 sent to CSC

08/14/09 - Biometrics

09/27/09 - Approved

10/01/09 - Received 10 year green card

U.S. Citizenship

03/30/11 - N-400 sent via Priority Mail w/ delivery confirmation

05/12/11 - Biometrics

07/20/11 - Interview - passed

07/20/11 - Oath ceremony - same day as interview

• 4 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone can help me figure this out. I need to know how a Divorce Certificate looks in Colombia, the reason I am asking this, is because they send me a divorce certificate that was a Registro Civil, I guess is the birth certificate with a notation on the back of the paper saying the person is divorce. By the way, the marriage was in civil court not through church.

Now, my confusion is that on the USA VISA page of the acceptable documents it says they cannot accept that kind of divorce certificate.

"The petitioner and applicants must present certified photocopies of final divorce decrees, annulments, or death certificates. We cannot accept civil or religious separations or annotations on the back of marriage certificates as proof that a marriage has been terminated. Notary documents should state “cesación de efectos civiles” when there is no divorce sentence."

If anyone can please help me figure this out I will be grateful !!! Thanks.....

Timeline

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone can help me figure this out. I need to know how a Divorce Certificate looks in Colombia, the reason I am asking this, is because they send me a divorce certificate that was a Registro Civil, I guess is the birth certificate with a notation on the back of the paper saying the person is divorce. By the way, the marriage was in civil court not through church.

Now, my confusion is that on the USA VISA page of the acceptable documents it says they cannot accept that kind of divorce certificate.

"The petitioner and applicants must present certified photocopies of final divorce decrees, annulments, or death certificates. We cannot accept civil or religious separations or annotations on the back of marriage certificates as proof that a marriage has been terminated. Notary documents should state “cesación de efectos civiles” when there is no divorce sentence."

If anyone can please help me figure this out I will be grateful !!! Thanks.....

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/353172-colombianos-viviendo-en-los-eeuu-parte-2/page-27#entry6378013

CR-1

05/03/07 - NOA2

08/08/07 - Case Complete

10/02/07 - POE

Removing Conditions

08/14/09 - Biometrics

09/27/09 - Approved

U.S. Citizenship

05/12/11 - Biometrics

• 2 months later...
Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Colombia
Timeline

I haven't been around in a while and it looks like this topic has been abandoned for a while, but Hello Everyone! We're onward to ROC!

N-400

Feb. 12, 2016 - Sent N-400 to USCIS (3-year rule)

Feb. 19, 2016 - NOA1

Mar. 14, 2016 - Biometrics

June 2, 2016 - Interview - Recommended for Approval

Timeline

No Colombia Club peeps from 2010-2011 are around anymore?

N-400

Feb. 19, 2016 - NOA1

Timeline

No Colombia Club peeps from 2010-2011 are around anymore?

Nah, most people take off once they're done with their process. tongue.png

Diana

CR-1

05/03/07 - NOA2

08/08/07 - Case Complete

10/02/07 - POE

Removing Conditions

08/14/09 - Biometrics

09/27/09 - Approved

U.S. Citizenship

05/12/11 - Biometrics

Timeline

Yeah, it sure seems that way.. laughing.gif I know that I took a break from VJ for a while after AOS. I used to try to be helpful before but now I'm afraid to answer any questions because it looks like a lot has changed in the process. I'll have to read up more before I give any advice!

N-400

Feb. 19, 2016 - NOA1

• 3 weeks later...
Timeline

Hello everyone,

On 10/10 I received an e-mail from USCIS for my NOA2. On 10/16 I received an e-mail from USCIS saying they shipped my case to the Department of State for processing. Can anyone fill me in on the next steps (ahem, Diana). Thanks, Brett

Timeline

Hello everyone,

On 10/10 I received an e-mail from USCIS for my NOA2. On 10/16 I received an e-mail from USCIS saying they shipped my case to the Department of State for processing. Can anyone fill me in on the next steps (ahem, Diana). Thanks, Brett

LOL... sure thing!

It takes about 2-3 business days for your case to arrive at the US embassy. So contact them via email (IVBogota@state.gov) and ask them if they received it, give them your names and your BGT#. If they say yes, they should send you a copy of the visa instructions package and all you have to do is follow those instructions. But, since you're a VJ member and on top of your game, you will download the instructions (Packet 4) from their website and be a step ahead of them. Their website also has instructions in Spanish.

You need to make sure you have all the documents they ask for before scheduling an appointment. If you have them ready, you can pay and schedule the appointment online, you can also choose the DHL location where you will pick up your visa or pay for delivery. After you do this, make an appointment with one of the approved doctors and get all the lab work done before the medical.

The vaccines needed are MMR, TD, varicella (if the patient hasn't had it) and influenza. That's it, no more vaccines are needed. Some doctors will accept vaccination records that the patient got as a child, but most don't because they make extra cash if they ask for new ones. If you want, you can call their office to find out what they charge for each of the vaccines I mentioned before, also, call your EPS or local Red Cross to find out what they charge as well and compare prices. If you see it's cheaper to get them somewhere else, get them no more than 2 weeks before the medical or the doctor may say you need to get "new" vaccines. I know it sounds fishy but they do it all the time to make more money.

Here's the link for the instructions: http://photos.state.gov/libraries/colombia/231771/PDFs/IVPkt3-4Instforinterviewmedicalexam_Oct2013_.pdf

Here's the link for the website where you can pay and make your appointment, as well as choose a DHL office: https://usvisa-info.com/en-CO/selfservice/ss_country_welcome

Here's the instructions for the medical and lab exams: http://photos.state.gov/libraries/colombia/231771/PDFs/InstructionMedicalExamination.pdf

Diana

CR-1

05/03/07 - NOA2

08/08/07 - Case Complete

10/02/07 - POE

Removing Conditions

08/14/09 - Biometrics

09/27/09 - Approved

U.S. Citizenship

05/12/11 - Biometrics

Timeline

LOL... sure thing!

It takes about 2-3 business days for your case to arrive at the US embassy. So contact them via email (IVBogota@state.gov) and ask them if they received it, give them your names and your BGT#. If they say yes, they should send you a copy of the visa instructions package and all you have to do is follow those instructions. But, since you're a VJ member and on top of your game, you will download the instructions (Packet 4) from their website and be a step ahead of them. Their website also has instructions in Spanish.

You need to make sure you have all the documents they ask for before scheduling an appointment. If you have them ready, you can pay and schedule the appointment online, you can also choose the DHL location where you will pick up your visa or pay for delivery. After you do this, make an appointment with one of the approved doctors and get all the lab work done before the medical.

The vaccines needed are MMR, TD, varicella (if the patient hasn't had it) and influenza. That's it, no more vaccines are needed. Some doctors will accept vaccination records that the patient got as a child, but most don't because they make extra cash if they ask for new ones. If you want, you can call their office to find out what they charge for each of the vaccines I mentioned before, also, call your EPS or local Red Cross to find out what they charge as well and compare prices. If you see it's cheaper to get them somewhere else, get them no more than 2 weeks before the medical or the doctor may say you need to get "new" vaccines. I know it sounds fishy but they do it all the time to make more money.

Here's the link for the instructions: http://photos.state.gov/libraries/colombia/231771/PDFs/IVPkt3-4Instforinterviewmedicalexam_Oct2013_.pdf

Here's the link for the website where you can pay and make your appointment, as well as choose a DHL office: https://usvisa-info.com/en-CO/selfservice/ss_country_welcome

Here's the instructions for the medical and lab exams: http://photos.state.gov/libraries/colombia/231771/PDFs/InstructionMedicalExamination.pdf

Diana

Hi Diana, thank you for the reply. I am curious about the "BGT" number. I have not recieved this yet...will it come by e-mail or regular mail and will it be mailed to me or to my fiancee (in Colombia)?

Thanks,

Brett

Timeline

Also, is the packet 3/4 emailed to me or to my fiancee? The visajourney page says they use email because the mail system is poor in Colombia. Is this still the case? Thanks in advance!

Timeline

Hi Diana, thank you for the reply. I am curious about the "BGT" number. I have not recieved this yet...will it come by e-mail or regular mail and will it be mailed to me or to my fiancee (in Colombia)?

Thanks,

Brett

You need to get the BGT number from the NVC, they're the ones who assign it. Don't wait for them to mail or email anything because this will delay the process.

The embassy says they mail the packet to the beneficiary's address but many times it doesn't arrive, every now and then they'll attach it to the reply email after you email them questioning the status of the case. That's why you have to download it and be a step ahead of them.

Diana

CR-1

05/03/07 - NOA2

08/08/07 - Case Complete

10/02/07 - POE

Removing Conditions

08/14/09 - Biometrics

09/27/09 - Approved

U.S. Citizenship

05/12/11 - Biometrics

Timeline

After about 2.5 hours on the phone I got my BGT number; they told me they just shipped the case to Bogota today.

OK, so now you count about 2-3 business days to give it time to arrive to the embassy and then you can email the embassy to ask if they received it.

Diana

CR-1

05/03/07 - NOA2

08/08/07 - Case Complete

10/02/07 - POE

Removing Conditions

08/14/09 - Biometrics

09/27/09 - Approved

U.S. Citizenship

05/12/11 - Biometrics

• 3 weeks later...
Timeline

Another update, I received the letter from DOS stating that my case was shipped; they recieved it the following week as Diana thought would be the case. I kept calling because my fiancee had not recieved her packet 3/4 by mail (not that it matters for filling out the paperwork since that's done, but you need it to schedule the interview). I finally got through to someone yesterday and she told me that our e-mail was to be send out next week! :)

Here's the info that is most pertinent once your case is in Bogota and you want to find out how long until you recieve packet 3/4 ...

Call +57 1 275 4900; the line is only answered M-F from 2:00 PM - 3:00 PM EST. It's probably just one person working because each time I call I speak to the same lady; she's biligingual so that's no concern. But just know that you may have to call 10-20 times in that hour before you get to speak to someone.

Good luck to all! Can't wait to set up our interview!

Brett

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.