joenlemy

Wife had interview today

22 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline

They allow you to be in the interview now. I was standing next to my fiancée the whole time. The CO even ribbed me about proposing on Yahoo Messenger. After I told him it was YM video and not regular YM chat he was like "Well in that case it's OK then"

Edited by tcTTct

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Why did they interviewed you two together?? i thought they only interview one person. how did you get into the interview?

Now you can go inside and be with your S.O. in HCMC. The C.O. did ask if I wanted to be part of the interview. I wasn't about to say no.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Congrats.

Sent I-129 Application to VSC 2/1/12
NOA1 2/8/12
RFE 8/2/12
RFE reply 8/3/12
NOA2 8/16/12
NVC received 8/27/12
NVC left 8/29/12
Manila Embassy received 9/5/12
Visa appointment & approval 9/7/12
Arrived in US 10/5/2012
Married 11/24/2012
AOS application sent 12/19/12

AOS approved 8/24/13

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

thanks everybody. Things seem to change quickly at HCMC consulate. When we started our journey the petitioner wasn't even allowed inside. What a change.

Has to do with the new consular general IMO.. since he arrived, things have changed. still not perfect

"Every one of us bears within himself the possibilty of all passions, all destinies of life in all its forms. Nothing human is foreign to us" - Edward G. Robinson.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

What hasn't changed Scott? I'm going to be hitting there is a few months.

Still the same questions that can be expected... still the same perceptions when it comes to length of relationship, previous marriages, method of introductions etc. one has to keep in mind that the ability to be there at the interview can be a double edged sword... The USC really needs to be ready to answer questions too... I can only imagine the perception if the CO watched a couple having problems communicating with each other at the interview... Still the same AP hell for those that they don't feel 100% about...

One new thing is that they can now deliver the Visa rather than having you come back week after week checking.. for those living far away it can be time consuming and expensive.

Edited by ScottThuy

"Every one of us bears within himself the possibilty of all passions, all destinies of life in all its forms. Nothing human is foreign to us" - Edward G. Robinson.

Still the same questions that can be expected... still the same perceptions when it comes to length of relationship, previous marriages, method of introductions etc. one has to keep in mind that the ability to be there at the interview can be a double edged sword... The USC really needs to be ready to answer questions too... I can only imagine the perception if the CO watched a couple having problems communicating with each other at the interview... Still the same AP hell for those that they don't feel 100% about...

One new thing is that they can now deliver the Visa rather than having you come back week after week checking.. for those living far away it can be time consuming and expensive.

Thanks Scott.. !! She has a Univ degree in English, so watching us communicate might actually help. I have been playing the CO and grilling her on questions. Even tried playing the aggresive CO, rapid firing re-worded questions, acting impatient, and trying to trick her by saying "husband" or "married" and see if she objects and corrects me.

Actually hope he interviews me as I'm a current Fed, and worked extensively with DoS when I lived n Europe. Would be nice to work that into a conversation to increase the comfort factor. Heck, maybe I should wear a "Hillary 2008" campaign button too!

Great news that they will deliver the Visa (if we get that far), as the fiancee lives in Da Nang.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.