TNmommy

Wrong case number from NVC?

4 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: China
Timeline

Hi all,i got a very confused question here: our CR1 case number assigned by NVC started by LND2006******.as i heard someone mentioned here before,this number suppose to start by my consulate letter which is GZ**********,why our number is start by LND2006****** now? My last address is london ,as i used to live there for many years... Does anyone know what should i do now? Many thanks! :help::help:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: South Korea
Timeline

I am in the same situation with you. I used to work in China and asked for visa interview to be held in Seoul as I planned to resign from work in the original petition. However, NVC still assigned my petition to GZ because of the beneficiary's address in the original petition. Now, I requested to have Seoul Embassy to ask for visa transfer from GZ but GZ has not even received the packet yet. I was told the packet is in the Custom and I think GZ is the only place that the packet needs to go through the custom as others go to the consulate directly. It doesn't make sense to me.

If you want to have your interview in GZ, you need to send a request letter and a letter from NVC or the copy of email from NVC to GZ and GZ will request the Visa transfer to London. However, it looks like GZ takes forever even to get the packet in the mail. You may want to do the interview in London and I believe it is much quicker.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: China
Timeline
I am in the same situation with you. I used to work in China and asked for visa interview to be held in Seoul as I planned to resign from work in the original petition. However, NVC still assigned my petition to GZ because of the beneficiary's address in the original petition. Now, I requested to have Seoul Embassy to ask for visa transfer from GZ but GZ has not even received the packet yet. I was told the packet is in the Custom and I think GZ is the only place that the packet needs to go through the custom as others go to the consulate directly. It doesn't make sense to me.

If you want to have your interview in GZ, you need to send a request letter and a letter from NVC or the copy of email from NVC to GZ and GZ will request the Visa transfer to London. However, it looks like GZ takes forever even to get the packet in the mail. You may want to do the interview in London and I believe it is much quicker.

Hi,theresa,i was just about to send u a message,as i noticed that we r having the same situation.We just called the lawyer,the lawyer told us that the interview place will have to be where we married(china),so i am afraid i can not do those things to request ... The lawyer said they will let us know once they change the address..I wish they can change the address b4 they send out to london.Anyway,this is really very annoyed.I hope that they can sort it out.

Is there anyway for u to go to interview at china at all? I think it may take 1 week time to arrive china from korea? Anyway,good luck to u,i am sure everything is going to be fine :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: South Korea
Timeline

Hi,theresa,i was just about to send u a message,as i noticed that we r having the same situation.We just called the lawyer,the lawyer told us that the interview place will have to be where we married(china),so i am afraid i can not do those things to request ... The lawyer said they will let us know once they change the address..I wish they can change the address b4 they send out to london.Anyway,this is really very annoyed.I hope that they can sort it out.

Is there anyway for u to go to interview at china at all? I think it may take 1 week time to arrive china from korea? Anyway,good luck to u,i am sure everything is going to be fine :)

Great Yuan. I thought the packet already left NVC. Yes, you can still change the address while the packet is in NVC. In my case, I sent NVC an email, a fax, and numerous phone calls to change the address when I found out they assigned me a wrong number, but NVC still sent my packet to GZ. I think it was a very short time my packet was in NVC. Two days later they assigned me the case number, they shipped my packet to embassy. They are very fast when you don't want them to.

I live in Seoul now, I used to work in Shanghai but I don't know anything about GZ and don't speak Chinese. It is easier for me to do medical, and other prep in Seoul for me. I just hope that my doc gets clear from custom when they re open after holidays.

I wish you all the luck!!! Hope you don't need to go through what I am going through now.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.