maim3

Medical Exam/Interview Schedule worries...

12 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I'm an Oct. 2011 K1 filer and i'm expecting to receive NOA2 any time soon. Like any other beneficiaries, i already consolidated all the requirements i need for the visa interview. I need to prepare this early because by next month i will be 7 months pregnant and it will limit my energy to prepare all the documents. I already called Hawaiian Airlines to know their restrictions for pregnant passengers. Good thing they will allow up to 7 days prior to due date of delivery provided i can show them my OB's medical clearance.

If i'll be lucky to get my NOA2 end of Feb. or beginning of March, do you think i can get an interview schedule w/in March from USEM?

And my biggest worry is, i was treated for PTB way back 1997 so definitely the scar will show when i have my xray in St. Lukes. Does it mean, i will automatically undergo a Sputum Culture and wait for 8 weeks for the result provided i can show St. Lukes all my xray plates from 1997 up to last year (because we have a mandatory annual physical exam at work, i have xray plates every year) and Doctor's Certificate showing i was treated?

Same issue for my daughter, she was treated for primary complex too, and i have her previous xray plates plus medical certificate.

I'm so worried that i will be one of the unlucky people who waited 8 weeks for the result of the sputum culture because it will only mean i will give birth in the Philippines. I know the CRBA thing but it's not practical for my fiance anymore because instead of buying only 2 plane tickets for me and my daughter, once i give birth here, my fiance will buy 3 plane tickets. And if he decided to come here for my delivery that will mean 4 "expensive" plane tickets plus expenses in my delivery! With all the expenses in the visa process, i dont think we can afford it anymore.

I hope somebody with the same experience can enlighten me and advice me what to do.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

I'm an Oct. 2011 K1 filer and i'm expecting to receive NOA2 any time soon. Like any other beneficiaries, i already consolidated all the requirements i need for the visa interview. I need to prepare this early because by next month i will be 7 months pregnant and it will limit my energy to prepare all the documents. I already called Hawaiian Airlines to know their restrictions for pregnant passengers. Good thing they will allow up to 7 days prior to due date of delivery provided i can show them my OB's medical clearance.

If i'll be lucky to get my NOA2 end of Feb. or beginning of March, do you think i can get an interview schedule w/in March from USEM?

First Congratulations on the new addition to be in your family. Here is my two cents...

Average wait time for NOA2 is 5 - 6 months. If there is no issues or RFE. You received your NOA1 in OCT. You may be looking at April or May. This is a estimate of average time. Some are very lucky and push through faster but the average is 5 - 6 months for NOA2.

Even if you received your NOA2. You will need to wait for USCIS to send the petition to NVC. Average is 5 - 14 days. Then you will receive your MNL#. At that point you can start the Medical for you and your daughter at SLEMC. All need is to pre-register, print out the form, MNL#.

Medical Examination for U.S. Immigrant Visa Applicants

http://www.slec.ph/us-visa-applicants.shtml

Then you will need to complete CFO Seminar to get you and your daughter's CFO sticker placed in your passports. You can get the CFO seminar done early. When youu are approved at USEM interview. You will need to received your passports back with visa. Then you return to CFO and get your CFO sticker.

The Commission on Filipinos Overseas (CFO)

http://www.cfo.gov.ph/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=1348%3Afiancee-spouses-and-other-partners-of-foreign-nationals&catid=140&Itemid=833

Average wait time for visa and passport is 5 - 14 days. You can have the passport and visas delivered to your home or pick-up at a 2GO location.

And my biggest worry is, i was treated for PTB way back 1997 so definitely the scar will show when i have my xray in St. Lukes. Does it mean, i will automatically undergo a Sputum Culture and wait for 8 weeks for the result provided i can show St. Lukes all my xray plates from 1997 up to last year (because we have a mandatory annual physical exam at work, i have xray plates every year) and Doctor's Certificate showing i was treated?

Same issue for my daughter, she was treated for primary complex too, and i have her previous xray plates plus medical certificate.

I'm so worried that i will be one of the unlucky people who waited 8 weeks for the result of the sputum culture because it will only mean i will give birth in the Philippines. I know the CRBA thing but it's not practical for my fiance anymore because instead of buying only 2 plane tickets for me and my daughter, once i give birth here, my fiance will buy 3 plane tickets. And if he decided to come here for my delivery that will mean 4 "expensive" plane tickets plus expenses in my delivery! With all the expenses in the visa process, i dont think we can afford it anymore.

I hope somebody with the same experience can enlighten me and advice me what to do.

Bring all medical exams results and x-rays for you and your daughter. This way they see that you have proof of both medical results in regards to PTB and treatments.

If your baby is born before the interview. I am assuming that the baby is your fiancee's :whistle::innocent: . So you can choose to have the baby be a US Citizen. I am not to familiar with this process with infants. May be another VJ can fill in the details.

As far as the plane tickets. You can travel with the two children but would image that would be extremely difficult. He may have to fly there to accompany you back to the US. Start looking for deals on different airlines. May, April, June are not peak season for Philippines. So might be able to get some savings. On average the one way tickets will be $750 and up. If your daughter is under 2 yrs then you can save on one ticket and your fiancee can have her sit on his lap on the flight and the new born will be in your lap. That's $1,500 saved right there..!! But if your daughter is older than 2 yrs. She will be charges full fare for a seat.

Hawaiian Airlines Infants:

Hawaiian Airlines reserves the right to request proof of age (Example: Copy of birth certificate)for infants that are lap children & for international travel. If unable to provide proof, applicable fare will be charged. If the infant is under 2 years of age on the outbound flight and returns as a 2 year old, the applicable fare will be charged on the return flight.

Edited by Wally Greene

God Does for those who do for themselves..!!

Timeline

First Congratulations on the new addition to be in your family. Here is my two cents...

Average wait time for NOA2 is 5 - 6 months. If there is no issues or RFE. You received your NOA1 in OCT. You may be looking at April or May. This is a estimate of average time. Some are very lucky and push through faster but the average is 5 - 6 months for NOA2.

Even if you received your NOA2. You will need to wait for USCIS to send the petition to NVC. Average is 5 - 14 days. Then you will receive your MNL#. At that point you can start the Medical for you and your daughter at SLEMC. All need is to pre-register, print out the form, MNL#.

Medical Examination for U.S. Immigrant Visa Applicants

http://www.slec.ph/u...pplicants.shtml

Then you will need to complete CFO Seminar to get you and your daughter's CFO sticker placed in your passports. You can get the CFO seminar done early. When youu are approved at USEM interview. You will need to received your passports back with visa. Then you return to CFO and get your CFO sticker.

The Commission on Filipinos Overseas (CFO)

http://www.cfo.gov.p...=140&Itemid=833

Average wait time for visa and passport is 5 - 14 days. You can have the passport and visas delivered to your home or pick-up at a 2GO location.

Bring all medical exams results and x-rays for you and your daughter. This way they see that you have proof of both medical results in regards to PTB and treatments.

If your baby is born before the interview. I am assuming that the baby is your fiancee's :whistle::innocent: . So you can choose to have the baby be a US Citizen. I am not to familiar with this process with infants. May be another VJ can fill in the details.

As far as the plane tickets. You can travel with the two children but would image that would be extremely difficult. He may have to fly there to accompany you back to the US. Start looking for deals on different airlines. May, April, June are not peak season for Philippines. So might be able to get some savings. On average the one way tickets will be $750 and up. If your daughter is under 2 yrs then you can save on one ticket and your fiancee can have her sit on his lap on the flight and the new born will be in your lap. That's $1,500 saved right there..!! But if your daughter is older than 2 yrs. She will be charges full fare for a seat.

Hawaiian Airlines Infants:

Hawaiian Airlines reserves the right to request proof of age (Example: Copy of birth certificate)for infants that are lap children & for international travel. If unable to provide proof, applicable fare will be charged. If the infant is under 2 years of age on the outbound flight and returns as a 2 year old, the applicable fare will be charged on the return flight.

Thanks for the reply. im just being optimistic regarding the timeline. Because as of now there are already Sept. 21 filers who were approved. And who knows by next week, CSC might be starting to process of the Oct. filers. Idont want to rely on the USCIS timeline because in reality that timeline is basically generic just to avoid impatient filers bugging them every now and then to follow up their applications. Normally they approve petitions ahead of time. I know this because one of my tasks in my office is to pacify energy consumer complainants.

Yes my fiance is the dad of my unborn baby, i got pregnant after 3 months of being engaged and we really planned for this because we are both ready to have a baby and he is so excited to be a first time dad! I know the CRBA process but our concern is the expenses of giving birth in the Philippines. We will save alot if we get married before my delivery because he is in the military and the base will shoulder all the expenses once im legally filed as his dependent.

My daughter on the other hand is already 9 years old so we really cant save that much in her plane fare.

i hope somebody in the same situation, done with her medical and interview, can give some insights of her experience for my future reference.

Timeline

with our case we filed our petition during middle of september 2011 we received our noa1 sept. 27, 2011 and we got our noa2 just last year december 29, 2011. were going to have our medical this monday february 13, 2012, me and my 2 kids. hopefully it will go smoothly and our interview date is feb 28, 2012. We had our noa2 because my fiancee filed an expedite request 1st reason because i was pregnant and same as u im almost on my 7 months of pregnancy and other medical related issues then 2nd was he reason out for financial matter. U just have to tell the truth then they will ask for proof of evidence to support your request. if they find it ok then u will get approve and get ur noa2 sooner. so if ever got lucky were planning to leave the country by the end of march 2012.

Timeline

with our case we filed our petition during middle of september 2011 we received our noa1 sept. 27, 2011 and we got our noa2 just last year december 29, 2011. were going to have our medical this monday february 13, 2012, me and my 2 kids. hopefully it will go smoothly and our interview date is feb 28, 2012. We had our noa2 because my fiancee filed an expedite request 1st reason because i was pregnant and same as u im almost on my 7 months of pregnancy and other medical related issues then 2nd was he reason out for financial matter. U just have to tell the truth then they will ask for proof of evidence to support your request. if they find it ok then u will get approve and get ur noa2 sooner. so if ever got lucky were planning to leave the country by the end of march 2012.

Can u tell me what did ur fiance do to expedite the process? Who should we write? is it via email?

You and your fiancee should get married now while you are in the Philippines.

That way you will be a dependent and you could find a hospital in the Philippines that would accept TRICARE if you are not able to expedite your case in time. This will save you from having to pay for the delivery out of pocket. You might have to travel to Manila or Cebu to find a hospital that would accept TRICARE but it sure beats having to pay for the delivery on your own and you'll be in a hospital in case there are any complications.

Our time line:

-----------

11-2-09 Met for the first time

11-3-09 Went to dinner to celebrate my birthday

11-18-09 Officially became bf/gf.

11-22-09 Went back to the States

1-1-10 Talked to her father on the phone queried about my intentions. Told him I intended to marry her.

10-8-10 2nd Trip back to Philippines

10-10-10 Proposed to her ... She said YES!

10-16-10 Meet her parents and family in the province for the first time

10-25-10 Returned to States

11-2010 Started her annulment process

1-4-11 Free to marry within the country

2-8-11 3rd trip to Philippines

2-10-11 Annulment process complete (can file for US visas now)

4-27-11 Got Married

5-30-11 Finally received marriage contract from priest

6-4-11 Discovered we needed to get an electronic endorsement of our marriage contract submitted

6-22-11 Finally got updated CENOMAR to show annulment of previous marriage

7-29-11 Finally had to say good bye and leave the Philippines after 6 months

8-18-11 Submitted CR-1 pkg to visa service agency

9-9-11 After a thorough review and obtaining additional docs, finally mailed our pkg to USCIS.

9-12-11 NOA1 received

3-14-12 USCIS approved our I-130

3-17-12 NOA2 received

NVC:

3-19-12 Package acknowledged by NVC.

4-3-12 NVC enters our package into their system and generates our case#

4-4-12 AOS pmt made

Manila Embassy

4-9-12 Petition US Embassy Manila to expedite since I will be in country

5-23-12 Interview at US Embassy - approved

5-31-12 Visa in Hand

6-6-12 Len Arrives!!!!! in the US via Chicago to Houston

Timeline

That way you will be a dependent and you could find a hospital in the Philippines that would accept TRICARE if you are not able to expedite your case in time. This will save you from having to pay for the delivery out of pocket. You might have to travel to Manila or Cebu to find a hospital that would accept TRICARE but it sure beats having to pay for the delivery on your own and you'll be in a hospital in case there are any complications.

But i cant do that right? We are processing my K1 Visa and we're almost getting our NOA2 anytime this month. If we get married here, all our effort will be useless and have to go to another process.

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Great idea! That way they can trash the whole K-1 process they have been going through and start over. :bonk:

Can u tell me what did ur fiance do to expedite the process? Who should we write? is it via email?

You can not get an expedite simply because you are pregnant. You just need to relax and wait for CSC to get to your petition... it will happen they are moving much faster lately.

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline

Great idea! That way they can trash the whole K-1 process they have been going through and start over. :bonk:

:rofl: very True!

You can not get an expedite simply because you are pregnant. You just need to relax and wait for CSC to get to your petition... it will happen they are moving much faster lately.

:innocent: hopefully...

Filed: Timeline

regarding your medical question,i bet you will get SPUTUM test.if you and your daughter are treated then no worry about the culture result would be in couple of months. SLEC wont mind peeking your old medical result.

and about the lil angel,if the baby will born here in PH,all you need is DNA test ..they want to make sure.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.