ttran

just got word from the interview!

101 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

That is the same day that my fiance will be going to the Consulate to submit the Updated police and medical papers. After that, we get to wait a week or so to get the pink. I hope both of us get pink. Good luck and please keep us posted :thumbs:

K1 Visa Stage
Aug 23, 2010: I-129F NOA 1
Feb 07, 2011: I-129F NOA 2
May 23, 2011: Interview. Blue Slip
Jun 20, 2011: Submit Documents: 1) Timeline, 2) 10 year residency(me), 3) 10 year residency(Thu), 4) Letter explaining how/where we met. Second Blue Slip
Feb 03, 2012: U.S. Consulate Investigators call Thu's residence. Spoke to Thu and Thu's parents
Feb 27, 2012: Received email from the U.S. Consulate that our case is finished processing. Requested to submit updated Police & Medical papers.
Mar 06, 2012: Submitted updated Police & Medical papers.
Mar 21, 2012: Received K1 Visa
Apr 07, 2012: Point of Entry @ LAX

Adjustment of Status Stage
Apr 23, 2012: Got married!
Apr 30, 2012: Received Social Security Card
Jun 30, 2012: Applied for AOS
Sep 22, 2012: Received Employment Authorization Card...Still waiting for 2 yr GC

May 01, 2013: Received 2yr GC

Removal of Conditions Stage

Apr 18, 2015: Will apply for 10yr GC

Timeline

That is the same day that my fiance will be going to the Consulate to submit the Updated police and medical papers. After that, we get to wait a week or so to get the pink. I hope both of us get pink. Good luck and please keep us posted :thumbs:

Have her take her passport just in case.

Timeline

Have her take her passport just in case.

That is exactly what Thu wanted to do...but I wasn't sure. If she does bring her passport, do you think I should also bring the EMS fee? How much is the EMS fee anyways and do they accept cash in VN Dong or is it Check only?

K1 Visa Stage
Jun 20, 2011: Submit Documents: 1) Timeline, 2) 10 year residency(me), 3) 10 year residency(Thu), 4) Letter explaining how/where we met. Second Blue Slip
Feb 03, 2012: U.S. Consulate Investigators call Thu's residence. Spoke to Thu and Thu's parents
Feb 27, 2012: Received email from the U.S. Consulate that our case is finished processing. Requested to submit updated Police & Medical papers.

Sep 22, 2012: Received Employment Authorization Card...Still waiting for 2 yr GC

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

do you think they will give a answer right away? or is it a wait game again?

flip a coin.. we never know what they will do.. its up to the CO and it can go one of 3 ways... up, down or continued..

"Every one of us bears within himself the possibilty of all passions, all destinies of life in all its forms. Nothing human is foreign to us" - Edward G. Robinson.

Timeline

That is exactly what Thu wanted to do...but I wasn't sure. If she does bring her passport, do you think I should also bring the EMS fee? How much is the EMS fee anyways and do they accept cash in VN Dong or is it Check only?

Have no idea what fee costs. Bring some anyway but I suspect it is not something the consulate collects and has to be paid through the company handling it. My idea is why not bring the passport in case they want it then? When my wife took her documents and got the pink at that time it was nice to have the passport. She gets a pink then we better be among the first to know here.I plan on going home soon and I will drink a beer to any pinks issued.good.gif

Timeline

will keep everyone posted hopefully both of us see pink after tomorrow and more blue! fingers crossed the timeline and 10yr was all they needed from us!

I will say a prayer for y'all and hope for the best. Pinks would be very cool.good.gif

Timeline

will keep everyone posted hopefully both of us see pink after tomorrow and more blue! fingers crossed the timeline and 10yr was all they needed from us!

Good luck and more importantly...get pink! :thumbs:

K1 Visa Stage

Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline

EMS fee is just 70000 vnd which is approx $3.50. Pay in vnd.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.