Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  

Does anybody know where I can send the hardship letter???

3 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Mexico

My fiancee had her interview the last days of august in juarez and was denied for her k1 visa. We filed the waiver and the officer told us we had to prove hardship in a letter but did not have to send it with the waiver, that we had about 30 days to do so. Now they robbed us in mexico and do not have a case number or the address to send the hardship letter since they took all of our bags :( can anybody help us?? I need the address to the place where I need to send the letter, and also how can I find out my case number or the number that they identify us with. Thank you! I am new to this forum




8-22-2007 ENTERED THE US

9-4-2007 GOT MARRIED




1-26-2008 RECEIVED NOAS FOR I-131 AND I-485 (12 DAYS LATER)

2-03-2008 RFE for I-864

2-08-2008 Sent back RFE

2-15-2008 Touched- on case (RFE received, case resumed)

2-25-2008 Touched- Case transferred to CSC :-))

3-06-2008 Biometrics appointment

3-07-2008 AP approved

3-07-2008 Last touch on my case after biometrics

3-23-2008 Aos touched on Easter sunday?

3-26-2008 Another touch :)

6-01-2008 Touched

6-02-2008 Touched

6-03-2008 AOS APPROVAL :) :)

6-04-2008 Card production Ordered

6-08-2008 Received Green card :) :) :)

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico

This is where you send it:

Department of Homeland Security

U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services

PO Box 9896

El Paso, Texas 79995

Here's the website for further information:


You should have your case number from the NVC - if you didn't receive it on the NVC letter when it was transferred to CDJ, you should call or email them using your original I-129F petition receipt number and see if they can give it to you. Calling CDJ directly probably won't work because they identify you by your case number.

Good luck

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
  • Create New...