nelly

Does anybody know where I can send the hardship letter???

3 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

My fiancee had her interview the last days of august in juarez and was denied for her k1 visa. We filed the waiver and the officer told us we had to prove hardship in a letter but did not have to send it with the waiver, that we had about 30 days to do so. Now they robbed us in mexico and do not have a case number or the address to send the hardship letter since they took all of our bags :( can anybody help us?? I need the address to the place where I need to send the letter, and also how can I find out my case number or the number that they identify us with. Thank you! I am new to this forum

----------------------TIMELINE----------------------------

K1

8-21-2007 VISA RECEIVED IN JUAREZ

8-22-2007 ENTERED THE US

9-4-2007 GOT MARRIED

AOS

1-15-2008 PACKAGE SENT VIA USPS

1-17-2008 PACKAGE RECEIVED AT CHICAGO

1-26-2008 RECEIVED NOAS FOR I-131 AND I-485 (12 DAYS LATER)

2-03-2008 RFE for I-864

2-08-2008 Sent back RFE

2-15-2008 Touched- on case (RFE received, case resumed)

2-25-2008 Touched- Case transferred to CSC :-))

3-06-2008 Biometrics appointment

3-07-2008 AP approved

3-07-2008 Last touch on my case after biometrics

3-23-2008 Aos touched on Easter sunday?

3-26-2008 Another touch :)

6-01-2008 Touched

6-02-2008 Touched

6-03-2008 AOS APPROVAL :) :)

6-04-2008 Card production Ordered

6-08-2008 Received Green card :) :) :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

This is where you send it:

Department of Homeland Security

U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services

PO Box 9896

El Paso, Texas 79995

Here's the website for further information:

http://usembassy.state.gov/CiudadJuarez/wwwhciswaiver.html

You should have your case number from the NVC - if you didn't receive it on the NVC letter when it was transferred to CDJ, you should call or email them using your original I-129F petition receipt number and see if they can give it to you. Calling CDJ directly probably won't work because they identify you by your case number.

Good luck

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.