waiting-1

Prints never recieved by FBI

13 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline
:ranting::ranting: I called the FBI finger print inquiry line this morning and gave the lady on the other end of the line my A#, 2 minutes later she shocked me with the interesting revelation that the FBI never recieved my finger prints from USCIS and I was just furious. I did the biometrics in April 2006 and if you guys remember my previous post, USCIS only took one finger print, NOT all 10 fingers and i specifically asked the supervisor who signed off on my biometrics letter that day about this and he said that one print is all they needed. Now we have already had our AOS interview in June 2006 and the officer never even mentioned anything about finger prints (only said that name check is pending). So it all makes sense now, the FBI never recieved my prints because they DO NOT EXIST. I am very sick and tired of having to deal with this sh**t. Edited by waiting-1

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Thailand
Timeline
1-304-625-2000. This is the FBI number i called in case you guys need to check on you prints as well. Tell the switchboard operator that you wish to speak with someone about your immigration fingerprints and he will transfer you over.

Thanks for the number, I'll be giving them a call.

waiting-1,

Code 2 means you were scheduled for the EAD photo and fingerprint. The person at the ASC was correct in their answer to your question, they did what they were supposed to do at that appointment.

You've got a real complaint - why hasn't your biometrics for AOS been scheduled - but your complaint is not with the person who you dealt with at the ASC.

Yodrak

I called the FBI finger print inquiry line this morning and gave the lady on the other end of the line my A#, 2 minutes later she shocked me with the interesting revelation that the FBI never recieved my finger prints from USCIS and I was just furious. I did the biometrics in April 2006 and if you guys remember my previous post, USCIS only took one finger print, NOT all 10 fingers and i specifically asked the supervisor who signed off on my biometrics letter that day about this and he said that one print is all they needed. Now we have already had our AOS interview in June 2006 and the officer never even mentioned anything about finger prints (only said that name check is pending). So it all makes sense now, the FBI never recieved my prints because they DO NOT EXIST. I am very sick and tired of having to deal with this sh**t.
The Bio appointment letter listed both reciept numbers for AOS and EAD. The code was 2, and as I mentioned before i specifically asked the person who signed off on the letter and stamped it about this and he said its all they needed. Sounds like its time to make an infopass appointment to get to the bottom of this. On the other hand, we already had our AOS interview back in June and the officer did not mention anything about the finger printing. As of now, we are pending the FBI name check.

:ranting::ranting: I called the FBI finger print inquiry line this morning and gave the lady on the other end of the line my A#, 2 minutes later she shocked me with the interesting revelation that the FBI never recieved my finger prints from USCIS and I was just furious. I did the biometrics in April 2006 and if you guys remember my previous post, USCIS only took one finger print, NOT all 10 fingers and i specifically asked the supervisor who signed off on my biometrics letter that day about this and he said that one print is all they needed. Now we have already had our AOS interview in June 2006 and the officer never even mentioned anything about finger prints (only said that name check is pending). So it all makes sense now, the FBI never recieved my prints because they DO NOT EXIST. I am very sick and tired of having to deal with this sh**t.

sorry about your situation, as yodrak said the point is why you haven't had the fingerprints for AOS yet? that's all about, the code 2 means: "index fingerprint and pic for the EAD" so at that time if your biometric appointtment was code 2, they just did the right thing .Code 1 : (AOS), code 2 : (EAD) and Code 3: both (AOS and EAD)

we hope everything get's better for you, we had a little similiar situation, the fingerprints "were taken" but were not added to the files until a days ago when we went to make the biometrics and fingerprints (it was a code 3) thanks God we showed them that we had and made the 10 fingerprints before(code 1(AOS)) , so after putting the files together we just made code 2 (index fingerprint and pic ,wich normally is issued for the EAD ) after that we were told we were completed. oh, just in case , We read somewhere that "sometimes they'll use the pic from your EAD for your GC too ,this could happens only if the first two pics you sent to the USCIS with your application were sent too early in the process, they just want an updated pic of you". ( If anyone here knows this information is not right (as we said we read it somewhere) just forget about it.)

good luck. :luv:

Additionaly, fingerprint/namecheck is not a requirement for EAD - FBI was never supposed to receive fingerprints obtained from EAD biometrics.

In good old days one had to submit 10prints for AOS. If one wanted to get EAD, they would go to local office, fill out a form, give a couple of photos, wrap it all in money. Your fingerprint would be taken on the EAD form/card, you would have it in another 20 minutes or so. So, no FBI involvement for EAD.

I understand the whole thing about the codes. What I am trying to say is that the bio appointment letter clearly states that the fingerprinting is for both I-485 and I-765 and it lists both reciept numbers. If this was just an appointment for EAD biometrics, then why is the I-485 listed on there too? I made an infopass appointmet for this wednesday to find out what's going on. I appreciate all the help though.

Edited by waiting-1

I agree with "###### up" hypothesis expressed above.

Goto to InfoPASS, explain that your 10 fingers were not printed, be nice. Make sure you have a copy of biometrics appointment.

The person at the window had nothing to do with your case, try to be polite and not loose your temper.

waiting-1,

Do that providing accurate information about situations is essential to a correct understanding of the situation and getting proper responses to issues and questions.

Speaking of which, I find that I have to modify my previous post in this thread, where I wrote "Code 2 means you were scheduled for the EAD photo and fingerprint." I now have reason to believe that Code 1 refers to a face photo and full set of 10 digitized fingerprints rather than biometrics for specificaly for an adjustment application. And Code 2 refers to a simple face photo and index fingerprint rather than biometrics specifically for an EAD application.

I have been reminded that adjustment applicants under 14 years of age (e.g. young K2s and K4s), who do not require the full set of fingerprints for the FBI check, get a Code 2 biometrics appointment - they do need the face photo and index fingerprint to make their Green Card.

So the code refers to what is to be done, not to what it is being done for.

Yodrak

...... I dont remember if it was code 2 or 3. I'll have to look.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.