hurriya

What day is it anyway?

2 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

For some reason I am having a far more difficult time with Ramadan here than I did in the states. :blink: Go figure. In the states, I rose before sunrise, had a light but nutritiously filling breakfast and went about my day. (ie. work) I never really thought much about it or became hungry until late afternoon, yet still I was okay. Finally after maghreb, I'd prepare a full meal for dinner and perhaps have a small dessert or fruit about 8 or 9 and tat was it. And I was perfectly okay with it.

But here, not only is my husband's family forcing me to stay up into the wee hours of the morning but to eat then as well. :( Not just a little snack, either, I'm talking fish, peas, bread, potatoes, dates, etc! When I am finally allowed to go to bed, I'm so stuffed I can't sleep! And the diarrhea has struck, too! :o

More than anything, I am worried about dehydration. When it is time to break the fast, I crave water so much that I really don't want food right away, but of course they won't let me have water unless I have eaten. :wacko: It's enough to make one insane.

Thus far, I am still jobless. I did have an interview in Rabat a week ago, however, and I really do pray that it comes to fruition. As much as I love my in-laws, I know you ladies will understand when I say we REALLY need to live in our own home. :thumbs:

This, unfortunately, is also forming a bone of contention for us. I can't seem to get my husband to understand that there are some "conveniences" as he calls them are really "necessities" when it comes to finding a place of our own. Now, I'm no Miss Priss, mind you. I grew up a country girl in a really small town and I was a Girl Scout as well as an Army Reservist. I'm no stranger to roughing it. ;) But do I want to "rough it" in my everyday lmife when I really don't have to? Heck no! I we can afford it, and it's available, I say "hook me up!" What's your take?

All in all, I am still SO glad I came. My teaching materials finally arrived so I have been home schooling my son for now. He has ben learning bits and pieces of Arabic and French from his friends. I guess if I don't get the job, I'll keep teaching at home while he learnes the language and perhaps he will be ready to enroll in school next spring or fall.

By the way, anyone have any ties/connections with schools in Rabat or Casa? I am a certified English, French and Reading teacher with ten years experience in the state of TX. I have been sending resume's and calling on my own (for nearly a year now, to be exact, even before I got here), but with no luck. I really do believe that without an introduction or recommendation, it's pretty much pointless.

Nevertheless, I pray that all is well for everyone. I will check back in in a coupe days.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Have you tried the American Language Centers? If you were looking in Marrakech or Tangier I could help you out but I don't really know anyone in the Casa or Rabat centers. I think they do require a 4 year degree which I'm guessing you have. They are really nice and the pay is pretty decent (around 9000-10,000dH a month. They also offer Arabic classes to their teachers (not sure if you need that or not).

May 11 '09 - Case Approved 10 yr card in the mail

June - 10 yr card recieved

Feb. 19, 2010 - N-400 Application sent to Phoenix Lockbox

April 3, 2010 - Biometrics

May 17,2010 - Citizenship Test - Minneapolis, MN

July 16, 2010- Retest (writing portion)

October 13, 2010 - Oath Ceremony

Journey Complete!

s-age.png

s-age.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.