Nich-Nick

London 2012- K1s from NOA2 to interview thread

2,468 posts in this topic

Also I know there is the form with the barcode https://evisaforms.state.gov/ds156.asp DS-156. We should type it in press continue and this will upload all the information of my Fiance and I to their system with that barcode? Correct I didn't want to type everything in print it out and then find out none of the information stated in the system to generate code... lol

Thank you and sorry if I sound 0_o with all my questions...

Read this page several times - http://london.usembassy.gov/iv_15.html

Re: DS-156 When you fill in this form online and follow the instructions a barcode is added to the form and you then print out however many copies of the form you want and mail them (as instructed in the link above). Sames goes for 157 (if you need to) and 156K. But these forms MUST be mailed in and make sure you send two copies where it requests it. Do not presume it uploads it anywhere. These days you don't know what's being nabbed but in this case you are using it to generate paper copies.

I saved a PDF copy of the forms as well.

Richard

event.png

event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

CnP thats the new site for paying for the visas and nominating the Delivery hub where you want your passports delivered afterwards. (Or for paying £30 to have it delivered to your door)

I am wondering now if they've been fiddling with the wording on the Packet 3 letter to direct people to this new website and have been waiting for someone to sign off on it or something. Hence the delay. But they should know we're already two steps ahead of them!

OMG... After all the waiting I come back from the gym and I have not only one but TWO letters from them :) for some reason they sent me two :)

I hope you got yours too :)

Timeline

kiwi - I can't imagine trying to deal with all these logistics with kids involved too. Sounds like a good plan to keep moving and get them acclimated - good luck with everything. :)

AG and top of the rock - thanks for posting your redacted Packet 3 letters to help everyone :)

CnP - glad you got your letter - hope that's some peace of mind. :) we got ours today too.

nich-nick - as always, a voice of reason :) I think for me since we sent in our packet and had the medical already i was more concerned with them having a wrong address or something..but it showed up. you were probably right with the embassy stuff going on and just mailing delays...

We are considering trying to have him fly here for our family vacation this week and then flying home right after...and if we got an emergency interview, just have him fly back to london for it. The only thing we are concerned with is he has no ties left to prove anything - he is a teacher who didnt' accept a position for the fall so he doesn't have a boss to write him a letter. he's already rented out his flat and if he's not here by 9/1, he will stay with his parents until the move.

Would it be enough for him to show his packet 3 letter and medical receipt that he's far into the process and just waiting for an interview date and he only has a week's worth of clothes with him for a family trip? anyone else have any ideas of things he could show for proof he's not going to stay longer than the week?

Timeline

So Im getting my package to send to the London Embassy.

I need to send

DS-230 Part 1

DS-156 x2

DS-156k

DS-157 x2

What else do I need to send?

I think you're covered CnP - you didn't sign DS 156k, correct? you will sign that in front of them at the interview I believe...

Have you booked your medical yet? Once you have that date, you can then send in a cover letter with your DS-2001...

So Im getting my package to send to the London Embassy.

I need to send

DS-230 Part 1

DS-156 x2

DS-156k

DS-157 x2

What else do I need to send?

I could be wrong (or have the VJ member confused) but isnt your Medical this week? If so, you might as well send in the DS 2001 and cover letter? That way you don't need to do much but wait for packet 4 and prep the interview stuff.

If I've got the wrong info on the medical, ignore me!

p.s dont forget to do signed for royal mail :)

Timeline

I could be wrong (or have the VJ member confused) but isnt your Medical this week? If so, you might as well send in the DS 2001 and cover letter? That way you don't need to do much but wait for packet 4 and prep the interview stuff.

If I've got the wrong info on the medical, ignore me!

p.s dont forget to do signed for royal mail smile.png

I have my medical on the 19th August 2013....

On the cover letter what can should I write

When I first sent off my Packet 3 forms (12th July, got lost somewhere in the post) I sent the cover letter + DS 2001 stating that my Medical is booked for August 1st.

When I re-sent them (3rd Aug) I just changed it to say 'Medical completed on 1st Aug'

On this thread it has been stated many times that it doesn't matter whether you send in the DS2001 before or after your medical, your call - but if you do decide to do it before your medical, just state when your it is booked for.

Timeline

When I first sent off my Packet 3 forms (12th July, got lost somewhere in the post) I sent the cover letter + DS 2001 stating that my Medical is booked for August 1st.

When I re-sent them (3rd Aug) I just changed it to say 'Medical completed on 1st Aug'

On this thread it has been stated many times that it doesn't matter whether you send in the DS2001 before or after your medical, your call - but if you do decide to do it before your medical, just state when your it is booked for.

Thank you :)

So in the letter write when my medical is? Ive also got my flight booked and my wedding book. Do I state that too?

OMG... After all the waiting I come back from the gym and I have not only one but TWO letters from them smile.png for some reason they sent me two smile.png

I hope you got yours too smile.png

Just got back from our medicals and yes, packet 3 letter is waiting on doorstep. Dated July 30, but the postmark is Aug 6 so it took them a week to mail it!

kiwi - I can't imagine trying to deal with all these logistics with kids involved too. Sounds like a good plan to keep moving and get them acclimated - good luck with everything. smile.png

AG and top of the rock - thanks for posting your redacted Packet 3 letters to help everyone smile.png

CnP - glad you got your letter - hope that's some peace of mind. smile.png we got ours today too.

nich-nick - as always, a voice of reason smile.png I think for me since we sent in our packet and had the medical already i was more concerned with them having a wrong address or something..but it showed up. you were probably right with the embassy stuff going on and just mailing delays...

We are considering trying to have him fly here for our family vacation this week and then flying home right after...and if we got an emergency interview, just have him fly back to london for it. The only thing we are concerned with is he has no ties left to prove anything - he is a teacher who didnt' accept a position for the fall so he doesn't have a boss to write him a letter. he's already rented out his flat and if he's not here by 9/1, he will stay with his parents until the move.

Would it be enough for him to show his packet 3 letter and medical receipt that he's far into the process and just waiting for an interview date and he only has a week's worth of clothes with him for a family trip? anyone else have any ideas of things he could show for proof he's not going to stay longer than the week?

Jeannie & Al - glad you got your letter today too. I wish I could help you with your query about your fiance visiting. I'm not currently working so I don't have a boss to write me a letter either and I'm not quite sure what one is supposed to produce to show that one still has a house to sell and furniture to ship, as in my case. Assuming I have to prove anything that is. Perhaps in addition to the packet 3 letter and the receipt for the medicals your fiance could show them a Royal Mail receipt for the documents that have been sent in response to packet 3 to the Embassy?

Thank you smile.png

So in the letter write when my medical is? Ive also got my flight booked and my wedding book. Do I state that too?

Yes definitely, a lot of the experienced VJ'rs here have said state your flight details/wedding dates to increase your chances of a speedy interview date (no guarantee it will happen but worth a shot) And as you do have it all booked, all the more reason to put it in the letter, along with your medical date.

I saw a post on here which said that if you are in a rush for an interview, state that you want the earliest interview date available, can make last min appointments, cancelled slots etc.

I don't know how far it will get you, but worth a try! Esp if you really do need to complete the interview asap.

Another VJ member sent me this for traveling whilst in the middle of K1 - Hope it helps http://www.visajourney.com/content/k1visit

I'm flying to new york next Tuesday, I'm very nervous I wont be let in so I have:

- Employment letter

- Annual leave letter for the week long trip

- My return flight intin + Esta

- My engagement party invite (its in London next month)

- NOA2

If I get the interview letter then that too! If anyone else knows what else to thrown in this file, let me know smile.png

Edited by topoftherock2013

Timeline

Just got back from our medicals and yes, packet 3 letter is waiting on doorstep. Dated July 30, but the postmark is Aug 6 so it took them a week to mail it!

Jeannie & Al - glad you got your letter today too. I wish I could help you with your query about your fiance visiting. I'm not currently working so I don't have a boss to write me a letter either and I'm not quite sure what one is supposed to produce to show that one still has a house to sell and furniture to ship, as in my case. Assuming I have to prove anything that is. Perhaps in addition to the packet 3 letter and the receipt for the medicals your fiance could show them a Royal Mail receipt for the documents that have been sent in response to packet 3 to the Embassy?

I'm so happy you got your letter too :)

How was your medical?

Mine is on the 19th August, I hate medicals. How long did it take?

Another VJ member sent me this for traveling whilst in the middle of K1 - Hope it helps http://www.visajourney.com/content/k1visit

I'm flying to new york next Tuesday, I'm very nervous I wont be let in so I have:

- Employment letter

- Annual leave letter for the week long trip

- My return flight intin + Esta

- My engagement party invite (its in London next month)

- NOA2

If I get the interview letter then that too! If anyone else knows what else to thrown in this file, let me know smile.png

Read this thread for experience of people doing the same thing - I used to post a lot in this thread as I traveled to the US 5 times whilst going through the K1 process and stayed for 90 days at a time:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/67796-yes-you-can-visit/

Edited by Anna Grant

Thank you smile.png

I included my wedding date and confirmation of our wedding booking. I don't know if that helped but I got an interview on 18 June when my medical was only on 30 May!

Note what it says on this page - http://london.usembassy.gov/iv_15.html:

When you have obtained all of the required documents and are prepared for the visa interview, you are required to complete the Notification of Applicant(s) Readiness, Form 2001 and mail it to the Immigrant Visa Unit together with a covering letter containing your email address, if applicable, date of your wedding and date of the medical examination.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.