Angel7422

Removing Conditions Soon

4 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Hi Everyone,

My husband and I will be jointly filing for Removal of Conditions in April 2007, I just have a few questions:

1) I haven't added my husband to our home deed yet as he has an outstanding hospital bill that hasn't been paid yet (we have tried but each time we get a payment plan verbally agreed on with the collection agency, I'd call back to verify the terms and I get a new representative who said that she has no record of such an agreement as the previous representative didn't notate the account as such or that the representative doesn't work in that call center) My husband is afraid that the moment his name is added to the deed of the house the collection company may put a lien against it. Is that true?

As far as the rest of the proof we need I have it, but my biggest concern is not having my husband's name on our home.

2) Concerning the joints bills/bank statements some have more than 1 page, do I need to send every last page or would the page listing us jointly on the bill/bank statement suffice?

Below is a list of all the documents I have so far in my folder:

Completed but not yet signed I-751

Copy of marriage certificate (In both English and Arabic)

Copy of husband's driver's license

front and back of husband's green card

Copy of joint car loan (both names on it)

Copy of car registration (in husband's name only as hes the only one with a driver's license showing our home address )

Copy of title application Copy of car insurance

Copies of power bills**

Home phone bills**

Cell phone bills**

Cable & Internet bills**

Letter from bank stating when my husband was added to my account

Bank Statements **

Beneficiary Page of life insurance (showing husband as beneficiary)

Letter from Health Insurance Company stating when husband was added to insurance and the date my policy went from single coverage to family coverage

A few printed copies of Health insurance claims filed for both of us

2005 Joint Federal and State Returns

Copy of Retirement statement listing my husband as beneficiary

Mail addressed to both of us

Pictures of us from various events (birthdays, our anniversary, etc)

Pictures of him with a few family members

Receipts from car repairs showing both of us on it

Copy of insurance card

I think thats it so far, although I'm still adding to it as I go

Do I need to add anything else major or is what I have enough?

Yes I know its a novel and yes it does look like one :yes:

I'm sure I can get an affidavit or 2 if neccessary

When the time come to mail this off I will have an extra copy of everything. Another thing since this package will have alot of documents how do i bind it together, not sure those fastners will work.

Looking forward to any Tactful suggestions/Advice

Angel7422

**dating from the date I added him to bill til current; I am only sending copies of bill in 6 month increments(ex. January, June, Dec)

f68cm6.png

4/7/08 -------> Rec'd email from USCIS showing Card Ordered, Woot Woot

4/14/08 -----> 10 yr green card in hand

Citizenship Timeline

8/20/08 -------> Mailed N-400 to TSC

8/21/08 -------> N-400 rec'd by TSC @ 10:42 am signed for by C Maxa

8/26/08 -------> Check cashed

8/28/08 -------> Called USCIS was told biometrics scheduled for Sept 12 @ 3 pm

9/02/08 -------> Received NOA 1 showing receipt date as August 22, 2008

9/02/08 -------> Received bio appt by snail mail verifying scheduled date as 9/12 @ 3 pm

9/12/08 -------> Fingerprints taken

12/16/08------> Interview @ 10:05 am [PASSED]; OAth given at 2 pm

***MY HUSBAND IS NOW A USC***

12/29/08 -----> Filed for US passport book and passport card for my husband

01/08/09 -----> Rec'd US passport book in mail today; still waiting for card and return of natz cert

1/10/09 ------> Rec'd US passport card and Natz cert.

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
My husband is afraid that the moment his name is added to the deed of the house the collection company may put a lien against it. Is that true?

As far as the rest of the proof we need I have it, but my biggest concern is not having my husband's name on our home.

2) Concerning the joints bills/bank statements some have more than 1 page, do I need to send every last page or would the page listing us jointly on the bill/bank statement suffice?

**dating from the date I added him to bill til current; I am only sending copies of bill in 6 month increments(ex. January, June, Dec)

hi Angel,

I don't *know*, but I'd have the same fear as your husband. You could go to a site like 'free legal advice' and ask in their debt forums to find out. In any case, it is not a required piece of evidence and there's often good reason to have something like that separate. You have to do what is financially prudent, not just what serves USCIS. :)

About the bills.. I think I just sent the cover sheet that had both names on it. That was the purpose of the evidence.

I did the same as you--sample from each 6 months.

I was going to say 'what about your driver's licence?' but maybe you don't have one? Do you have an ID that shows your shared addy?

04 tax returns?

That's a start anyway--the eyes aren't too fresh this morning. :)

Now That You Are A Permanent Resident

How Do I Remove The Conditions On Permanent Residence Based On Marriage?

Welcome to the United States: A Guide For New Immigrants

Yes, even this last one.. stuff in there that not even your USC knows.....

Here are more links that I love:

Arriving in America, The POE Drill

Dual Citizenship FAQ

Other Fora I Post To:

alt.visa.us.marriage-based http://britishexpats.com/ and www.***removed***.com

censored link = *family based immigration* website

Inertia. Is that the Greek god of 'can't be bothered'?

Met, married, immigrated, naturalized.

I-130 filed Aug02

USC Jul06

No Deje Piedras Sobre El Pavimento!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline

My husband is afraid that the moment his name is added to the deed of the house the collection company may put a lien against it. Is that true?

hi Angel,

I don't *know*, but I'd have the same fear as your husband. You could go to a site like 'free legal advice' and ask in their debt forums to find out. In any case, it is not a required piece of evidence and there's often good reason to have something like that separate. You have to do what is financially prudent, not just what serves USCIS. :)

About the bills.. I think I just sent the cover sheet that had both names on it. That was the purpose of the evidence.

I did the same as you--sample from each 6 months.

I was going to say 'what about your driver's licence?' but maybe you don't have one? Do you have an ID that shows your shared addy?

04 tax returns?

That's a start anyway--the eyes aren't too fresh this morning. :)

Hi Meauxna,

Thanx for the reply, As for driver's license no I don't have one but I do have a non driver's identification card with our shared address on it. Should I include a copy of it in the paperwork?

My husband and I weren't married when I filed 2004 taxes we didn't get married until March 2005. So I thought I only needed taxes for 2005 & 2006. So as far as having a joint mortgage deed, would not having that included with our paperwork cause any problems with the processing of my husband's removal of conditions. When I purchased our house i was married but my name not changed nor was my husband here in the US at that time. But I did find out later that I could change my name on the deed by just showing my marriage certificate and identification (although I cant change it on my mortgage loan without paying a big fee so I will leave that as is) I did at the time of closing notify the closing attorney that i was married and they requested a copy of my marriage certificate. I will have to look but I think they listed me as married on it not sure. Should I include a copy of the mortgage deed even if its not joint?

As for bank statements my husband is not listed on the front nor in the address, he is listed in the middle so in light of that I enclosed all the pages to each bank statement in 6 month increments of course.

After looking over the list of documents I already have you put "thats a start". Do you think I need more evidence or am I misunderstanding what you meant? Also, do you have a link to that free legal advice page? I would like to find one that gives accurate and good advice not wrong and bad advice.

Thanks,

Angel7422

f68cm6.png

4/7/08 -------> Rec'd email from USCIS showing Card Ordered, Woot Woot

4/14/08 -----> 10 yr green card in hand

Citizenship Timeline

8/20/08 -------> Mailed N-400 to TSC

8/21/08 -------> N-400 rec'd by TSC @ 10:42 am signed for by C Maxa

8/26/08 -------> Check cashed

8/28/08 -------> Called USCIS was told biometrics scheduled for Sept 12 @ 3 pm

9/02/08 -------> Received NOA 1 showing receipt date as August 22, 2008

9/02/08 -------> Received bio appt by snail mail verifying scheduled date as 9/12 @ 3 pm

9/12/08 -------> Fingerprints taken

12/16/08------> Interview @ 10:05 am [PASSED]; OAth given at 2 pm

***MY HUSBAND IS NOW A USC***

12/29/08 -----> Filed for US passport book and passport card for my husband

01/08/09 -----> Rec'd US passport book in mail today; still waiting for card and return of natz cert

1/10/09 ------> Rec'd US passport card and Natz cert.

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
After looking over the list of documents I already have you put "thats a start". Do you think I need more evidence or am I misunderstanding what you meant? Also, do you have a link to that free legal advice page? I would like to find one that gives accurate and good advice not wrong and bad advice.

Thanks,

Angel7422

Angel, 'that's a start' was my way to weasel out of saying yay or nay. :) Your list looks very comprehensive and includes financial, social and legal ties. I'm sure others will have some comments come Monday morning. :)

The forums at this site are user answered, so your mileage may vary regarding quality, but you will at least get some pointers to find the real answer for yourself. http://www.freeadvice.com/

I don't know what to tell you about the deed--I guess if it has no value toward proving you're in a relationship, there's no reason to include it. I don't think it is harmful to have it in just your name.

Oh, and yes, throw in a coy of your state ID.

Now That You Are A Permanent Resident

How Do I Remove The Conditions On Permanent Residence Based On Marriage?

Welcome to the United States: A Guide For New Immigrants

Yes, even this last one.. stuff in there that not even your USC knows.....

Here are more links that I love:

Arriving in America, The POE Drill

Dual Citizenship FAQ

Other Fora I Post To:

alt.visa.us.marriage-based http://britishexpats.com/ and www.***removed***.com

censored link = *family based immigration* website

Inertia. Is that the Greek god of 'can't be bothered'?

Met, married, immigrated, naturalized.

I-130 filed Aug02

USC Jul06

No Deje Piedras Sobre El Pavimento!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.