smithie05

Order of Documents for IR-1/CR-1 Visa Interview?

4 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

I know that while interviews at the consulate in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, are scheduled for 8 am the actual time of interview depends upon how quickly you turn in your documentation based on the specific order of documents they request.

Does anyone know the order? A list from any consulate would be great!! I've seen lists for K-1s and K-3s, but I really need to know the order of documents for the IMMIGRANT visas: CR-1 or IR-1.

I would very much appreciate your help!

Thank you!

Filed: Timeline
I know that while interviews at the consulate in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, are scheduled for 8 am the actual time of interview depends upon how quickly you turn in your documentation based on the specific order of documents they request.

Does anyone know the order? A list from any consulate would be great!! I've seen lists for K-1s and K-3s, but I really need to know the order of documents for the IMMIGRANT visas: CR-1 or IR-1.

I would very much appreciate your help!

Thank you!

We were asked for our documents in the same order that they appeared on the checklist that was sent to us by the US Embassy in London.

Good luck! (F)

24 June 2007: Leaving day/flying to Dallas-Fort Worth

Timeline

Hi smithie,

I wonder the same thing. I think that it´s probably the same order that the K1´s and K3´s have, although we don´t have to turn in half of what they have.

Just so you know I created a thread on the Latin America forum for CR1/IR1 from Brazil, so we can help each other. I find it really difficult to relate to all the K1 and K3 because our case is quite different from theirs. My case was just sent by the NVC to the consulate. How´s your situation? Have you received anything from the consulate already? Please let me know. And let´s keep in touch.

Alix :star:

N-400 (based on 3-year marriage rule)
06/05/2014 Application Sent
06/06/2014 Application Received in Phoenix

06/09/2014 Priority Date

06/11/2014 Notice Date

06/12//2014 Check Cashed
06/12/2014 Received email/text receipt confirmation from Phoenix Lockbox

06/17/2014 Biometrics Letter mailed
06/20/2014 Biometrics Letter Received

06/24/2014 Biometrics Walk-in

06/26/2014 In line for Interview

07/03/2014 Original Biometrics Appointment

07/29/2014 Yellow Letter Received

09/05/2014 Interview letter Received

10/07/2014 Interview

10/17/2014 Received email/text that oath has been scheduled

Timeline
Hi smithie,

I wonder the same thing. I think that it´s probably the same order that the K1´s and K3´s have, although we don´t have to turn in half of what they have.

Just so you know I created a thread on the Latin America forum for CR1/IR1 from Brazil, so we can help each other. I find it really difficult to relate to all the K1 and K3 because our case is quite different from theirs. My case was just sent by the NVC to the consulate. How´s your situation? Have you received anything from the consulate already? Please let me know. And let´s keep in touch.

Alix :star:

Que bom fazer contato com voce, Alix! I know having all the documents in order isn't a MAJOR issue, but I do know that my husband will be nervous on the interview day and I don't want him to enfartar waiting for four hours because of paperwork. If only the consulate had clear, current information on its website! . . . maybe we should start a letter-writing campaign to the consulate general. ; )

My husband just received his interview date today, which is in mid-November. He said the packet that arrived is mostly in English, which is pretty frustrating. Why do they assume that all applicants for immigrant visas are fluent in spoken and written English? Regardless of what level of English the applicant speaks, nearly all Brazilian applicants are going to be most comfortable and confident reading important information and instructions in their native language. I can't wait for this to end!!!

I hope you receive your interview date soon! Hopefully it will be in November as well. Our case was actually sent to the consulate on September 7th, but the packet with the interview date didn't arrive until September 30th. So, if my experience is typical, you can expect a wait of around three weeks.

Let me know if you have any thoughts on where to get cheap plane tickets originating in Rio . . .

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.