LCcastro

Immigrant Visa Appointment in Bogota Colombia US Embassy

2 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Colombia
Timeline

This will be my husbands 2nd appointment at the US Embassy in Bogota Colombia. (First appointment was in March 2011)

Our first appointment we attended together and we were denied a visa because of lack of evidence, after our denied visa, our i-130 petition was sent back to USCIS where we received an RFE (Request For Evidence) which was approved 30 days after. Case was sent back to NVC where they directed it to the US Embassy/Consulate in Bogota. We have an appointment for February and we wanted to know any helpful information available as this time my husband is attending the appointment alone because I cant travel due to work and school. We want to be prepared for anything they might ask or paper work they might need from us. We have tons of evidence that my husband will take to the appointment.

Please help us out with any important information.

This is the email we received from Embassy after requesting status on our case

Is this email the appointment letter or should I call and request one, because I remember the appointment letter being different last year, or will this one be ok?

Mrs. xxxxx:

The petition filed on behalf of Mr. xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx was reaffirmed by a DHS office. Mr. xxxxxxx has been rescheduled for an immigrant visa interview on February , 2012 at 7:30am. Attach you can find the appointment packet, which includes visa information and the appointment letter.

Some of the documents in Mr. xxxx’s file are still valid. However, he must undergo a new medical examination and have current photographs taken. A new form DS-230 (Part I-II) must also be submitted too. In addition he must also bring a new police record (Pasado Judicial). He must also bring new Form I-864 (Affidavit of Support), 2010 tax returns and job letter from the petitioner.

If we may be of further assistance on this or any other matter, please do not hesitate to let us know.

Sincerely,

Immigrant Visa Unit

EMBASSY OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA

IMMIGRANT VISA SECTION

SANTAFE DE BOGOTA, COLOMBIA

IVBogota@state.gov

Date: Jan 2012

XXXXXX, XXXXXXX

AGENT FOR XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Dear XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX:

This office is ready to begin final processing of the immigrant visa applicant(s) named below in this case. We have scheduled an appointment for a visa interview in the Immigrant Visa section on the date printed below.

Please go to http://bogota.usembassy.gov/appt-package.html and download “Immigrant Visa (Packet 3/4).” For instructions in Spanish, please go to http://spanish.bogota.usembassy.gov/docentrevvres.html and download “Visa de Inmigrante (Paquete 3/4).” Be sure to read and follow those instructions carefully. When communicating with this office by e-mail or telephone, please provide your name and case number exactly as shown in this letter.

Sincerely

Chief, Immigrant Visa Branch

Visa Appointment

Date Time

FEB 2012 07:30

Case Number: XXXXXXX

Name (P) : XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Preference Category: IR1 - COL

(P) (name) (DOB)

What question will most likely be asked? We want to know what information they might ask to take proper documentation/proof

Any and all help will be greatly appreciated it... Thanks

Edited by LCcastro

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Yes, that is the appointment letter which was changed recently to let visa petitioners know that they can now access the information packet on the links above.

Diana

CR-1

02/05/07 - I-130 sent to NSC

05/03/07 - NOA2

05/10/07 - NVC receives petition, case # assigned

08/08/07 - Case Complete

09/27/07 - Interview, visa granted

10/02/07 - POE

11/16/07 - Received green card and Welcome to America letter in the mail

Removing Conditions

07/06/09 - I-751 sent to CSC

08/14/09 - Biometrics

09/27/09 - Approved

10/01/09 - Received 10 year green card

U.S. Citizenship

03/30/11 - N-400 sent via Priority Mail w/ delivery confirmation

05/12/11 - Biometrics

07/20/11 - Interview - passed

07/20/11 - Oath ceremony - same day as interview

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.