helpneeded

I-864 expiring soon What do I file?

7 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: South Korea
Timeline

It says that the I864 is only accepted until about the second week of October. I might not file until late next week. Why haven't they released an updated I-864? What do I do? I don't want it to be rejected for an old form yet they are not providing a new form- this is madness. Every day counts in this process so I don't have time to wait until Nov. or whenever they get around to positing a new form. By they time they open it, it could well be beyond that date. You would think the new form with a later expiration date would have been posted already...that would be logical. This process is hard enough...what gives?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
It says that the I864 is only accepted until about the second week of October. I might not file until late next week. Why haven't they released an updated I-864? What do I do? I don't want it to be rejected for an old form yet they are not providing a new form- this is madness. Every day counts in this process so I don't have time to wait until Nov. or whenever they get around to positing a new form. By they time they open it, it could well be beyond that date. You would think the new form with a later expiration date would have been posted already...that would be logical. This process is hard enough...what gives?

The new form has been out since July I believe, located here on the USCIS website:

http://www.uscis.gov/graphics/formsfee/forms/files/I-864.pdf

You don't need to get it notarized either.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Continue using that form, they wont just up and stop accepting all I-864 forms in the middle of October because they have not posted something newer.

Edited by YuAndDan

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Filed: Other Country: South Korea
Timeline

The new form has been out since July I believe, located here on the USCIS website:

THIS IS THE FORM I AM TALKING ABOUT- IT EXPIRES 9/16 accepted until 10/2006...what new form?

Timeline

What the OP is worried about is that the new form shows an expiration date of 9/30/06 and the USCIS website states all older forms accepted until 10/19/06.

Again I doubt they will stop accepting I-864 forms because they don't have a newer one posted and that the website states a set cut off date like that.

Edited by YuAndDan

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

What the OP is worried about is that the new form shows an expiration date of 9/30/06 and the USCIS website states all older forms accepted until 10/19/06.

Again I doubt they will stop accepting I-864 forms because they don't have a newer one posted and that the website states a set cut off date like that.

Where does the new form say it expires at some date in September? I guess I am lost.

Timeline
Where does the new form say it expires at some date in September? I guess I am lost.
Look in the upper right hand corner of the form where it says "OMB No. 1615-0075; Expires 09/30/06"

This is what has the OP worried. Also look at the USCIS Website where it states "1/15/06. 11/05/01, 09/26/00, 01/21/98 also acceptable through 10/19/06."

http://www.uscis.gov/graphics/formsfee/forms/index.htm

The newest form is the 01/15/06 form. So if taken literally and logically it looks like the USCIS will stop accepting all I-864 forms after 10/19/06 which makes no sense.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.